• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Visceral Moonlight

What are you listening to right now?

19 hours ago, Visceral Moonlight said:

Kind of reminds me of the change in music when Mustaine and Metallica split.

I started listening to them after that split. Never got into the pre-Ride the Lightning stuff, besides a few Garage Days songs. My favorites are all in the Burton through Newsted era, minus Kill 'Em All. Can't bring myself to listen to anything from St. Anger onward. People tell me it's a "return to the old metal days", but I prefer the craftsmanship of the songs from Master of Puppets through Re-Load. (With some obvious exceptions..) Nothing against Trujillo though. I've seen them live a couple of times since he took over bass & think he's pretty good. Never been into Megadeth, though I tried in the early 90's.

Yeah I'm not a real metal fan either. I'm afraid I preferred the Black Album days and a couple of albums that came out after that. I guess I'm not a "true" Metallica fan. :P

I've been accused of the same.. :D The Black Album was actually my first one. Then I just had to save up my lunch money for several weeks so I could get Master of Puppets & And Justice For All. Worked out great, I lost a few pounds & got some great music! lol

Absolutely! That was my next purchase. Can't go without For Whom the Bell Tolls & Fade to Black! :thumbup:

Agh, now I have to fire up VLC & listen to them! lol

Ah, nearly forgot Call of Kthulu! Looooved the version on S&M!

Edited by RavenMind

Oh ok.  90's heavy metal.  Don't know any.  I know some good rock bands: Guns n Roses was in their prime then (well late 80's, early 90's), Helmet, uhh...Danzig, Rage... there are some great bands from the 90's.

I wouldn't say I'm a metalhead. My tastes are kind of all over the place. 90's I liked Alice In Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, & Godsmack. 2000's: Muse, 30 Seconds to Mars. Haven't cared much for the music that's been coming out lately. I think I listen mostly to Pink Floyd, Abbey Road era Beatles, & Zeppelin, etc. now. Throw in some jazz & blues when the mood strikes.

Edited by RavenMind

10 hours ago, RavenMind said:

I wouldn't say I'm a metalhead. My tastes are kind of all over the place. 90's I liked Alice In Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Korn, & Godsmack. 2000's: Muse, 30 Seconds to Mars. Haven't cared much for the music that's been coming out lately. I think I listen mostly to Pink Floyd, Abbey Road era Beatles, & Zeppelin, etc. now. Throw in some jazz & blues when the mood strikes.

Yeah, those bands are fun.

I also listen to stuff like this:

On 11/18/2017 at 7:43 PM, RavenMind said:

Good bands, good bands.  Love Korn's 90's stuff.  I like most music though.

On 11/19/2017 at 4:31 AM, Visceral Moonlight said:

I also listen to stuff like this:

Ooh, I like that! I'll have to check out more of them!

Bal-Sagoth is kind of in the same vein. One of my favs from a while back:

Though I think most of their fans prefer this one

I think there's a lot of other fantasy/epic metal (or whatever they're called now) bands out there. I just have no idea where to start.

Edited by RavenMind

Ooh, that's nice! Kind of reminds me of Herb Alpert and Chuck Mangione but less horn heavy obviously. Think I could listen to this one on loop.

Edited by RavenMind

That's The Way Of The World might appeal as well. Lotta takes on the same number in existence and some good ones are surely to be omitted, but here goes:

Original EWT Version: Well worked out, ticks practically all the boxes...

EWT & Chicago Live 2004: EWT & Chicago Live 2004: Not absolutely the best ever, but Oh Yeah- they enjoyed it and fun to watch!

Stanley Turrentine's 1975 version with Freddie Hubbard on the flugelhorn: By far the best sax rendition to-date.
Actually have the LP, this is a long time favourite- having played it sooooo many times. RECOMMENDED!

Superb vocal rendition by the New York Voices and inventive rhythmic variations. RECOMMENDED!

Lynn Cannon: Piano's a bit dinky but there are some nice turns.

Just adore Incognito & the arrangement, but something is sliiiiightly off- perhaps in the video as well, and no X factor!

Jim Mertz's version has nice bell-like and xylophonic tones.

What Jill Jenson lacks in vocal grunt she more than makes up in emotion & rhythm!

Thelma Houston is one of my favourite singers of 80s & 90s. Recorded in 2007, her voice is not the same and is drowned out by the fantastic backing, but you can tell that she along with the band enjoyed doing this slick arrangement. Worth a listen!

Michael Paulo: Sharp, cool, attenuated backing, perhaps some sax lines are blurted out a bit & don't really fit

My Pick ATM, but not by a country mile!