• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
brucoms

[RELz] TES3 Readme Generator

File Name: TES3 Readme Generator

File Submitter: brucoms

File Submitted: 09 Nov 2014

File Category: Miscellaneous

The TES3 Readme Generator is to make life easier and simpler for Morrowind modders everywhere! No more do you have to mess around in Notepad to make your readme's look good. The TES3 Readme Generator will do it all for you. Just type in the information about your mods into the relevant fields, click the Generate button, and voila! A new readme! Ready to be distributed with you mod.

Any section left blank will not be included in the generated readme.

Features

• Generate a readme with the following sections:
    • Title of Mod
    • Version
    • Author
    • Requirements
    • Specific Requirements
    • Description
    • Install
    • Uninstall
    • Updating
    • Incompatibility
    • Known Issues or Bugs
    • Load Order
    • Changelog
    • Credits
    • Contact
    • Permissions

[*]The readme can be opened automatically after generation for reviewing. [*]Custom sections can be added to the readme

• As many sections can be created as needed
    • Each section can be titled differently

[*]Default and custom sections can be reordered [*]A preferences tab

• Section title separator's can be customised
    • A readme contents can be toggled
    • Readme filename can be customised using the magic words: %Name, %Version, and %Author
    • Default generation path can be customised
    • Default saving path can be customised

[*]Saving readme's in the .esr format [*]Loading readme's in the .esr format

Click here to download this file

Two questions:What's the license and which language is being used? I can see this as being a good utility no matter the game is why I ask. :)

License? Oh boy, those things give me headaches. Basically it's open, I'm happy for anyone to modify, add to, remove, and distribute TES3 Readme Generator. Just remember to credit me as the original dev. :)

The language used is C# with the .NET Framework 4, so that XP users aren't left out. (And because I'm still using VS2010 for XNA :P )

I'll get the project up on git or something for my next update and post a link in the OP. I'm still relatively new to version (revision?) control.

brucoms, you know C#?

Yep, though I've only been programming with it (and in general) for the past year and 8 months.

Excellent. We might have another project that we'd like your help with, if you're interested. I need to talk to Jimi first (that's the forum name for my husband :D).

Excellent. We might have another project that we'd like your help with, if you're interested. I need to talk to Jimi first (that's the forum name for my husband :D).

I would love to help, but I have no team experience and little version control experience. Though I'm working on both of those. So, um... yeah... :D Like I said I'm happy, and interested to help!

EDIT: my title is now Cave Bear? I thought it was Krill?

Edited by brucoms

EDIT: my title is now Cave Bear? I thought it was Krill?

If you like to have a new title then you can always request a custom title here. ;)

Thank you.

You'll have a GitLab account shortly and you can use GitLab to host the code. :)Speaking of which, I should be able to get back to work on some code of mine now that I'm in a better computer situation...

Ooh, I might just do that!

Indeed I have! :) Just got to get used to it first. I already have git set up on my computer, will GitLab here work with it? Is it as simple as making sure to point to the correct URL when committing?

Fantastic! Thanks! :D

I might have it up tonight. Depends on how quickly I can remember how to do all of this again.

Good stuff. :D GitLab will give you the commands when you first access a new project, whether it's one you created or one you've been added to.

Indeed it is. :D

Version 0.7.4.5 is out! No new features for this release, just a few fixes to issues as pointed out by Skrawafunda. Get it here. The OP has also been updated.

Updated to version 0.9.1! You can now save and load readme's for later editing!

You can also use a folder browsing dialog for selecting the default saving and generation paths; amongst other small tweaks and improvements.