• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
brucoms

[RELz] TES3 Readme Generator

brucoms, did you ever upload the source? I'm not seeing the link if you did. :)

Aah, I've got it on TAL's GitLab here; set as a public project. Linky.

I haven't put a link on either of my [WIP/REL] threads because you need to ask to have an account created on this GitLab. I felt that it would have been impolite to start publicly throwing the link around without asking Anda first. I just haven't gotten around to asking. :D

Edited by brucoms

I haven't put a link on either of my [WIP/REL] threads because you need to ask to have an account created on this GitLab. I felt that it would have been impolite to start publicly throwing the link around without asking Anda first. I just haven't gotten around to asking. :D

Go ahead and throw the link around. :D Publicity is good!

Thanks. :)Just to clarify, that's just to interact with GitLab. Folks can still clone it and submit patches using

git format-patch
that you can later incorporate. Folks can use the patch with
git apply-patch
. I really should write a guide on Git one day. :P

Oh, I had no idea! Thank you! :)

Go ahead and throw the link around. :D Publicity is good!

Will do, and thank you! :)

It's been just over a month since my last post on the official forums and about 1 and a half here, I think we're way over due on an update!

While implementing the new Load Order section, I was getting really frustrated at how messy and cobbled together it all was. I was also limited at how I could implement certain features (e.g. resizing the text boxes), and while I could have just refactored the whole lot it would have been too time consuming. Plus, if I'm going to refactor almost the entire codebase, I may as well start from scratch with everything that I have learned.

So, here I am with the new and improved TES3 Readme Generator (well, not quite yet Posted Image )! It's not too different visually, but I have got the new Load Order tab and I've moved Custom Sections to its own tab. It was a bit silly of me to squeeze such an important element at the bottom of the Other tab. The important bit is that know that I have implemented everything a little better (plus WPF, etc), it should be a lot easier and faster (and less frustrating) to implement new features.

You can look forward to version 2 of TES3 Readme Generator soon! Though I suppose it should be version 1 considering what would have been version 1 never reached full release...

For the programmers out there (and for those interested in the technical side); the first version of the Generator was built within WinForms, this new version is built with WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) and using the MVVM (Model View ViewModel) pattern. If you want to have a look, follow this link to the public repository: http://gitlab.theass.../tes3readmegen2 (Thank you to TAL for hosting!). You can clone the repo and do what you like, however, please credit me as the original author if you do release something.

Great work! :beerchug:

Thanks! Once I've got more of the UI looking nicer I think I'll post a few screens. Plus it'll be nice to get some feedback.

Version 1.9.0 has been released for testing! The OP and Nexus pages have been updated.

At the moment settings in the preference tab are not saved between user sessions; plus some of the UI is not yet complete (e.g. Custom Sections tab).

Changes in 1.9.0

• [*]Rebuilt with WPF using the MVVM pattern [*]Added: Load Order section [*]Changed: Moved Custom Sections to its own tab [*]Changed: Improved UI [*]Many other improvements and tweaks [*]Issue: Preferences are not currently saved [*]Issue: Automatically opening the readme after generation is broken [*]Issue: Readme contents section is broken

If you want to take a peek or make a contribution please visit one of these links:

• [*]
GitLab (Older version.) [*]GitLab

The bottom link will take you the the newest version of TES3 Readme Generator. That's the version built with WPF instead of WinForms.

In hindsight that would've been easier, however with the new version I not only switched over to WPF, but also to VS2013 and with it I created a new project.

Thanks for the suggestion thought! :)

If you'd like to keep it as a single repository, I think I just figured out a way to convert it to a branch. I'll need to look at the command line options, though.Would you prefer to keep the repos separate? If so, I'll clam up. :)

I think I'll keep the repos separate. Thank you Ferocious Tree Trunk (!?) for the offer though! :D

Out of curiosity, how would the different branches between the two repos be handled if a merge were to occur?

FTT is deaths_soul. He's just being silly with Halloween.

Thought it was! I was trying to work out why deaths_soul had a different name every time I logged in! :D

I think I'll make a thread for Git tips one of these days. I've got plenty of useful bits, including a script that makes it easy to remove files from a repository and its history. :)

I look forward to it!

Well would you look at that, version 1.9.7 has been released! Posted Image

Changes in 1.9.7

[*]Added: Separator selection

[*]Added: Can now select whether to open readme after generation

[*]Added: Can now use a folder browser to select saving and generation paths

[*]Added: Section contents generation

[*]Added: Filename magic words

[*]Added: All preferences are now saved between sessions

Download at the usual location.

Well, the next version should be the final release (hopefully)! With that comes an application icon (anyone fancy doing it?), and two download mirrors in the forms of TESAlliance and TAL.

I think I'll make a thread for Git tips one of these days. I've got plenty of useful bits, including a script that makes it easy to remove files from a repository and its history. :)

I look forward to it!

Well would you look at that, version 1.9.7 has been released! Posted Image

Changes in 1.9.7

[*]Added: Separator selection

Well, the next version should be the final release (hopefully)! With that comes an application icon (anyone fancy doing it?), and two download mirrors in the forms of TESAlliance and TAL.

I wonder if you allow links in the readme in case an author need to link to all mirrors the mod is uploaded to. :)

Overall it looks good to me and keep up the good work. :D

As for a fancy app icon try either one of these links and I know you can even use a picture to generate an icon.

http://www.favicon.cc/

http://www.favicon.co.uk/

I look forward to it!

Well would you look at that, version 1.9.7 has been released! twirl.gif

Changes in 1.9.7

• [*]Added: Separator selection

I wonder if you allow links in the readme in case an author need to link to all mirrors the mod is uploaded to. :)

Overall it looks good to me and keep up the good work. :D

As for a fancy app icon try either one of these links and I know you can even use a picture to generate an icon.

http://www.favicon.cc/

http://www.favicon.co.uk/

Thanks for the links! I'll give them a good look.

Just wondering if any of nzdawghaus's icons could work for you (they very kindly let me distribute their replacement mlox icon on mlox's download pages).

Ooh, they're some nice looking icons! I might just ask for one. Thank you for the link.

Full release! (Finally!)

Changes in 2.0.0

• Added: an icon
  • Added: a check to make sure a directory exists before saving or generating
  • Changed: default save and generation paths
  • Removed: many old things here and there

The icon is usly as anything, but it'll get the job done for now.

You can now download at TAL and TESA!

Edited by brucoms