• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Guest q21

Going away

Guest theinfamouskat

*giggles hysterically and feels instantly guilty* Yeeeah, I remember that. It's funny when you look back months and months from now, but at the moment, IT SUCKS.

I remember second day crying, not because of the pain, but because by then I hadn't been able to eat ANYTHING. And the pain from my stomach hurt more than anything else. UGH I says, UGH.

Yeah, been there, too. Twice actually. Once for wisdom teeth and once for a particularly freaky few weeks where my entire mouth and throat broke out in sores. (Auto-immune disorders? SUCK.)

For food, I suggest slightly over-cooked, salted noodles.

No, really, the salt helps the pain of the open wounds (well, stitches in this case) by drying them out. It just stings like a bitch for a moment or two. And you can mash them with your tongue instead of chewing.

Also, what the hell? I didn't get super pain meds for my wisdom teeth, I only got antibiotics! I was cheated! Cheated, I say! *pout*

Guest theinfamouskat

*giggles* I gots the pain meds. They didn't help for SHIT tho.

See, I've had three crown-legnthening surgeries before (re: cut away your gums) - two full-mouth ones and a touchup. THAT was fun. I looked like an orc from the LOTR movies. Those were the surgeries where I SHOULD have gotten put under (protip: do not open your eyes four hours into the surgury because "I'm bored and I want to see what they're doing." OH GOD. THE BLOOD.) and SHOULD have gotten uber-pain-meds...guh. That was two weeks of liquid diet. Jamba Juice is my friend.

So all things considered, I shouldn't be bitching about this, but I'm gonna bitch. :biggrin:

Guest theinfamouskat

in fact, get a megaphone with the word BITCH on it in a bright, contrasting color and use it to summon for pudding and jello.

Guest q21

I'm guessing that this probably isn't the place to mention that my wisdom teeth just grew into place, is it?

Guest theinfamouskat

... *slaps q for insensitivity*

Hey, spring break starts Saturday for me and I'm off for two weeks. First week I'll be in New York with the roomie, so I won't really have time for Inn. Second week I'll be home with parents, so I won't really have time then either (must chose between sleep, replaying Dragon Age, or starting Assassin's Creed 2. *EXISTENCIAL CRISIS*)

Guest q21

NOOOOOoooooooo..............

Don't leave us.

*pout*

Enjoy New York, though.

Back! (After I get some sleep, tho).

And Chick posted on facebook that she has internet back - she works until 11 MST tonight, but then she shall return, and there shall be much rejoicing.

Chick's internet issues are contagious. BLARGH. So iffy/nonexistent internet until Thursday/Friday.

I'll get on when the router isn't freaking out, and write vignettes when I can't. Go ahead and play around me until I'm back. Imma take a hammer to my router now.

Guest q21

It just seems wrong to me that as the guy who lives in Africa I have a more stable internet connection than some of the Americans....

The funny part about all this, in retrospect, is that the thing decided on a wonderful time to die, since Tuesday/Wednesday we got hit with a blizzard - like some places got 10+ inches of snow in less than two hours, the entire city of Castle Rock lost power, break out the candles, flashlights, and kerosene heaters kind of blizzard.

So I probably wouldn't have been online anyway. :laughing2dw: (And yes, we're good to go, now.)

Guest q21

ooc - Yet again I am thankful that Cape Town never gets blizzards...

Guest q21

I'm going away for the weekend... I'll be back on Monday...

Bye!

Edit: I know Tankloc's visit to Claes is a bit of a non-sequetor and even a little out of character... will explain his reasons (either by Tankloc POV post or by PM) when I get back. For now, I'm off.

Edited by q21

So, Chick messaged me on facebook saying she's going on vacation starting today. She gets back Tuesday night and is taking Wednesday off to "recover". Says she'll try to be on and post at least one round each night before she goes to bed. Aaaand she also says that me and Ama need to find time to get on Vent with her so she can tell us / make us guess where she is, because we will, and I quote, "SHIT BRICKS! BWAHAHAHA!"

Guest theinfamouskat

We were too busy, but SURPRISE! I was at Bane's house. His family WUBS me. As do his animals. :laugh:

Sign in to follow this