• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Vorians

[RELz] Better Cities

Better Cities

View File

Better Cities is a compilation of the following mods, integrated together to resolve conflicts between them all, and with literally thousands of minor glitches, bugs etc. fixed. We have also made enhancements to all of these, adding our own layer of modifications including new dialogue and quests. And we're still working on it!

Bananasplit's Better Cities Anvil, Bravil, Chorrol, Imperial City Market, Leyawiin, Skingrad

Reckless' Better Cities Cheydinhal

Wolfslady's Better Cities Bruma

Wolfslady's Better Arboretum

- Anvil Bay Expansion by jlf2n.

- Blood & Mud Dirt Deluxe Anglais by Ryan O.Hershey.

- Bravil Docks by jlf2n. Nernie has replaced a number of the interiors.

- Cyrodiil Rebuild by Acros and ANDORAN team.

- Cyrodiil Rebuild: Imperial Isle by Acros and ANDORAN team.

- ImpeREAL City by SilentResident.

- Let the People Drink! by Qazaaq & Khornate.

- Leyawiin Port by TheXanadu & TheLastVoice. Vorians has filled all the empty interiors.

- Nernie's Bravil River Shack & Village.

- Nernie's Waterfront Market.

- Imperial City Waterfront Tunnel Entrance by Jadraxs & Sjors Boomschors.

- Delivery Job (a.k.a. Gold Horse Courier Service) by Manargo & Zaldiir.

- The Bank of Cyrodiil by Zarkis.

- Reaper's Arcane University by Reaper911.

- Reaper's Waterfront by Reaper9111.

A number of smaller mods relating to the cities have also been included, please see the document Credits.txt in the "Docs" folder.

Better Cities v5.4.0 has just been released!

Go get it quickly, while stocks last!

This is quite a big update for Bravil, as we have now completely integrated the mod Blood & Mud Dirt Deluxe Anglais into Better Cities, removing the need for you to install this mod separately, and removing the need for us to work on two separate versions of Bravil! You can also enjoy Bravil in three different flavours, as we have included three texture packs for the city.
There have also been hundreds of other changes made for this release, only a small number of which (the more noticeable ones) are included in the changelog:

Blood & Mud completely integrated into Better Cities thanks to Ryan O.Hershey giving permission (so Blood & Mud should be uninstalled now)
Tweaks and minor fixes made to Blood & Mud content
-All books which were still in German are now translated into English
-The player ownable castle has been relocated to a pocket dimension to ensure it doesn't cause extra strain on FPS around Bravil and to reduce conflicts with Unique Landscapes: Bravil Barrowfields
-Quest logs have been reworded slightly, and some additional logs added - you still won't be told what to do, but now you will get occasional log updates to tell you when you've done the right thing
-Merchants in shops from Blood & Mud will now close their shops at night and sleep
-Dialogue subtitles now match the entirety of what the Blood & Mud NPCs say, not just showing the first 5 or so words
Alternate versions of Better Cities: Bravil and Better Cities Full for use with Blood & Mud removed as now redundant
Optimisations to AI packages throughout the entire Better Cities mod
Toggle added to all Wander packages telling our NPCs to wander the streets of a city - may improve FPS if toggled off
New voice files by Tardischan for Captain Saxa (Bravil), completing the final lines which had not been voiced before
New voice files by iwantmodsplz for Tonyant Diskie (Cheydinhal) and Peg Head Jack (Anvil)
Several merchants throughout Better Cities have had their barter gold reduced to more reasonable amounts
Full support for Oblivion XP (it actually works in this version!)
Anvil: Castle DistantLOD mesh added
Bravil: All buildings and NPCs from Blood & Mud are now found in Bravil
Bravil: Three texture packs offered for the buildings and city walls: Blood & Mud, CUO Bravil, or Vanilla - pick the BSA you want, and swap them whenever you change your mind
Bravil: Rathmer's Books shop from The Lost Spires mod added - our compatibility patch for The Lost Spires will link the quest dialogue to Rathmer to provide seamless integration
Bruma: Final adjustments to the new city walls
Cheydinhal: Quest fix - Ma'Calto the Cursed can no longer repeat his dialogue during the Rangers Guild quest line
Chorrol: The bathing houses again have gender-restrictions set on the doors
Leyawiin: Larahiid the baker can now be bartered with again
Skingrad: Complete overhaul of the castle exterior, by Sigurd
IC Market District: Corthio's Curiosities will now lock at night, and will not show the trespassing mouse cursor during the day
IC Market District: Bank of Cyrodiil (plus Gold Horse Courier branches) now allow depositing or removing 10,000 gold or 50,000 gold. Interest rate reduces from 0.5% to 0.3% (Mercantile skill still adds a small bonus)
IC Arboretum District: Suranie Marelle from the Arboretum Hotel now correctly handles renting a room to the player
IC Waterfront District: FPS patch is now much more extreme in removal of less-important content

It would be a good idea to make a clean save without any of our ESPs if upgrading from a previous version. Please remember that there are only two of us and this is a very big mod, so we may have made some errors in this release. If you find some, please let us know in a friendly and supportive manner!

Edited by Vorians

Better Cities v5.4.1 is now released!

Changelog:
v5.4.1:
- New compatibility patch for FCOM and Better Cities: Bravil (this replaces the one which comes with FCOM v1.0)
- New compatibility patch for Oblivifall: Losing My Religion and Better Cities: Bravil (this replaces the BC Bravil and the Blood & Mud patches which come with Losing My Religion)
- Cobl integration patch updated to handle new retexture of the Bravil stonewall well
- CUO Bravil patch updated to use the low stone wall meshes from the retexture BSAs
- Compatibility with Enhanced Economy assured with Bravil B&M merchants, you no longer need a separate compatibility patch for this
- Fixed dialogue for Ingrid the Librarian in Talos Plaza District
- Fixed condition checks on dialogue for bathers in Chorrol Bath Houses
- Fixed BC in-game menu to correctly toggle Bravil Open/Closed
- Fixed BAIN install wizard in Primary Resources archive to install Bravil Vanilla BSA when selected
- Fixed BAIN install wizard in main archive to install Storms & Sound patch when selected
- Bravil Form ID range reset to prevent overlap in the merged Full ESP with Bruma and Cheydinhal
- Bravil: Low stone wall meshes added to the retexture BSAs
- Bravil: Corrected hand carts to use the retextured version from the Bravil BSAs
- Bravil: Removed a bottle from the pedestal of the statue outside the chapel - bad collision on the pedestal caused this bottle to float
- Skingrad: Removed a duplicated wall piece in the castle inner courtyard

Edited by Vorians

By the way, if anyone is interested in Cyrodiil Rebuild II but was put off by the fact that it's only in Russian, you'll be pleased to know that yesterday I uploaded an English translation of the ESP, so if you want to try something different then give it a go. You can still use Better Cities Imperial City Waterfront and Arcane University with CR II, but the rest of the BC Imperial City will need uninstalling.

Been quiet here....

Our FAQ has moved to the Better Cities Wiki, and some parts have been rewritten. The Wiki is the first place to visit if you have questions about Better Cities.The old FAQ contains outdated information as we haven't been keeping it up to date, so we'll be asking for it to be deleted from Nexus. Now that it's on our Wiki, anyone can register to add new questions and answers.

The old FAQ contains outdated information as we haven't been keeping it up to date, so we'll be asking for it to be deleted from Nexus. Now that it's on our Wiki, anyone can register to add new questions and answers.

Any chance you could leave it up as an archive of sorts? Some folks may have issues accessing it if it's deleted.

Since B & M is now integrated for Bravil, would it be possible to change the npcs hair added by B&M to use vanilla hair? Some of the Ren's hairs used by the German authors don't look entirely lore friendly.

It's hair. How is it not lore friendly?

It's not really, just that it can stick out in comparison to the rest of the game if you don't use ren's hairs for most npcs.

Better Cities version 5.5.0 is released

The Imperial City is the place to be this release, as we have integrated Cyrodiil Rebuild II: Imperial Capital, adding many new buildings and NPCs (minimal new content added to Market District which was already heavily overhauled). Return to the capital and see a more governmental city.

The primary resources archive has also been updated so those updating from older versions will need to download all three files.

Boring changelog follows:
v5.5.0:
- Integration of Cyrodiil Rebuild: Imperial Isle - all of the inner Districts (except Green Emperor Way) have new buildings with new residents, and a new outer District has been added, the Aristocratic District (only accessible if you have installed Better Cities IC Elven Gardens.esp or Better Imperial City.esp). Take a look at our world map for the Imperial City in-game to see it all
- Ingredients overhauled by Mercer Meka, providing a better balance of magic effects
- New clothing meshes provided by WyndChyme to use with Roberts Male and Roberts Female Body mods (optional of course) - these are for the clothing which were added to Better Cities in v5.4.1
- Fixed the in-game BC Menu options for Bravil, some of which were broken in our previous two versions
- Fixed script for quest The Case of the Missing Body to prevent rare possibility of being unable to meet the doctor on a future date if you missed him on his first visit
- New compatibility patch for Reclaiming Sancre Tor and the Arena District (as required following the integration of Cyrodiil Rebuild: II)
- Removed Item Interchange files, no longer needed as Vacuity has updated his mod
- Removed Dwemer Subway compatibility patch, no longer needed as the conflict has been removed from Better Cities: Skingrad
- Removed Halcyon Island compatibility patch, no longer needed as the conflict has been removed from Better Cities: Anvil
- IC Talos Plaza District: Replaced upper level balconies and walkways with new custom meshes, replaced stairs leading to upper level with a single central spiral staircase
- IC Market District: Bank of Cyrodiil merged with bank from Cyrodiil Rebuild: II. Bank manager Cornelius now has his office upstairs, a new NPC Dro'Hajat stands behind the counter downstairs. To open a bank account or to have access to the vault you still need to speak with Cornelius - once you have an account, speak with Dro'Hajat to access your account, and also to access the vault in the basement. The gate and door leading to the vault will automatically lock each time you leave the bank, requiring you to speak with Dro'Hajat again to unlock (or a good lockpick)
- Anvil: Fixed script which handles exiting the cabin of the ship The Evening Star, the game will no longer freeze on the load screen each time
- Anvil: Replaced all respawning containers on board The Evening Star with non-respawning containers
- Anvil: When the city is toggled open, the exterior doors to Benirus Manor will correctly become owned by the player once the player has completed the quest to own the manor
- Bravil: Gore toggle added, allowing those who dislike the hanging corpses to disable them
- Bruma: Castle and city walls now all have Visible When Distant meshes. After installing, run TES4LODGen to make the castle and city walls visible when viewing the city from afar
- Skingrad: When the city is toggled open, the exterior doors to Rosethorn Hall will correctly become owned by the player once the player owns the hall

Edited by Vorians

May I suggest multiply mirrors instead of relying on Nexus as a primarily host for Better Cities.  Because I went ahead to download Better Cities on Nexus, but could I no since were no servers available and gods know when there is a server available.

How about mirror Better Cities here and of course on DC then direct people on either these sites instead of having Nexus as the main download for Better Cities. :)

I doubt you'll ask mod users to be patience with Nexus if downloading Better Cities not working on Nexus.  Of course downloading on Nexus usually works, but with heavy traffic it takes some time for a mod user to download on Nexus unless you're a premium member.

May I suggest multiply mirrors instead of relying on Nexus as a primarily host for Better Cities.  Because I went ahead to download Better Cities on Nexus, but could I no since were no servers available and gods know when there is a server available.

How about mirror Better Cities here and of course on DC then direct people on either these sites instead of having Nexus as the main download for Better Cities. :)

I doubt you'll ask mod users to be patience with Nexus if downloading Better Cities not working on Nexus.  Of course downloading on Nexus usually works, but with heavy traffic it takes some time for a mod user to download on Nexus unless you're a premium member.

No, actually we will ask mod users to be patient. The files were only just uploaded to Nexus, so of course they must be transferred by the Nexus network across all of the servers, which takes some time as the mod is 917mb in size. By tomorrow morning it will be on all servers just as the old version was and then it will be easy to download.

EDIT

Although having said that, Nexus seems to be having problems right now, as it clearly is not propagating the files across the servers.

Edited by Vorians

I have just uploaded v5.5.0a of the main archive, providing a fix to the BAIN wizard install script. If you already have v5.5.0 and did not install using Wrye Bash then you do not need to redownload.

FAO BAIN users, due to a couple of missing "EndIf" entries in the wizard, some compatibility patches were not being installed, hence this update.

Since you're part of the teams I'm a beta tester for, I assume there isn't a problem when playing those alpha versions along with Better Cities.  Correct? :)

Thanks Vorians for mirroring Better Cities on TAL. :banana:

Since you're part of the teams I'm a beta tester for, I assume there isn't a problem when playing those alpha versions along with Better Cities.  Correct? :)

Thanks Vorians for mirroring Better Cities on TAL. :banana:

As long as the alpha mods you are beta testing do not touch the cities, there won't be any problem.

To celebrate the recent release of v5.5.0a, I have now uploaded v5.5.1 which fixes a glitch caused by a game engine bug, where the new Aristocratic District was missing most of its content. Yay game engine bugs!

v5.5.1:- Fixed most content from Aristocratic District being invisible (caused by a game engine bug)- Fixed BAIN installation wizard script which lacked two "EndIf" entries, causing some compatibility patches to not be installed