• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Vorians

[RELz] Better Cities

Sorry but my internet is so slow it takes an hour just to get passed the 1GB threshold.  So I've tried downloading it twice more and for me it is still failing at 1,048,967 KB.  It shouldn't be my ISP since I've downloaded larger files from places like the Nexus before.  Don't think I've ever downloaded something as big from TAL before though.

I think it's too late now, as the file is also on Nexus thanks to their admins transferring it from TAL. You may have a mini-gloat, but not a full gloating session.

Very small update archive uploaded today to fix Leyawiin Harbour's raising bridge, which for some people was not placed correctly, preventing it from being used.

Better Cities version 6.0.8 has been released and is available now on Nexus and The Assimilation Lab.

Mostly fixing things, but also we have a new interior created by Dalkill (months and months ago, so sorry it took this long before I could release with your new interior included).

v6.0.8:
- Imperial City: Market District - New interior created by Dalkill, The Bobbed Maiden barber shop
- Imperial City: Green Emperor Way - Added compatibility integration with Kad_Venku's patch for Order of the Dragon - still requires his patch but Kad_Venku no longer needs two versions of his patch
- Imperial City: Waterfront District - Added pathgridding for Eredell to reach his bedroll at night
- Anvil: Torlinda changed from Redguard to Nord - this is to prevent him from being able to speak the rumour being negative toward human-bosmer relationships (only Redguard may speak this line, Torlinda is married to a bosmer)
- Bravil: Smoothed the bumpy road running east-west just south of the Bravil Docks
- Bravil: Happy Potion shop door assigned ownership so the owner is able to unlock the door
- Bruma: Fixed a small land tear beside the entrance to Plundered Mine
- Bruma: Vanilla quest Brotherhood Betrayed first stage quest marker corrected to point to the right location again (had been accidentally moved into the BC Open Better Cities ESP in v6.0.7)
- Chorrol: Compatibility with Heart of the Dead ensured in the chapel without need of a patch
- Chorrol: Chapel exterior now supports AWLS window lighting
- Chorrol: Chapel interior content slightly optimised, might improve FPS for those suffering in this cell
- Leyawiin: Fixed a small tear on the road east of the city
- Leyawiin: Removed accidental edits to Land record in cell 25,-37 which were causing land tears when using UL Blackwood Forest
- Leyawiin: Spearhead Tower, the lighthouse south of the city is now Visible When Distant (after running TES4LODGen)
- Skingrad: Chapel exterior now supports AWLS window lighting
- Skingrad: Skingrad Outskirts houses now support AWLS window lighting
- Quest A Sickness in the Arboretum: corrected quest marker to appear at correct stages
- Fixed all Distant LOD texture normal maps so they no longer make distant objects look awful
- Compatibility patch for Alternative Start Arrive by Ship updated to correct starting location in Leyawiin
- Compatibility patch for Skingrad Outer District updated to resolve conflicts introduced when Skingrad Castle was expanded in Better Cities
- Compatibility patch for Open Cities Reborn updated to work with Better Cities v6
- Replacer patch for Vaults of Cyrodiil assigned Bravil vault key to the vault door so key can be used to unlock the vault door
- New compatibility patch for Better Cities: IC Market District and Statlila Stables

Hey look, it was 2nd May 2016 when v6.0.7a was released! Exactly one year ago today. How's that for coincidence?

I went to Fort Supremacy and it has no walls but WTF. I even manually recopied all the mesh and textures to the game in the same order. resource - 6.0.7 - 6.0.8a. I wonder if it is attached to Leyawiin flooded because I decided on dry land this time.

Edited by darkrumbleking

I went to Fort Supremacy and it has no walls but WTF. I even manually recopied all the mesh and textures to the game in the same order. resource - 6.0.7 - 6.0.8a. I wonder if it is attached to Leyawiin flooded because I decided on dry land this time.

What is Fort Supremacy?

Better Cities version 6.0.9 has been released and is available now on Nexus and The Assimilation Lab.

Another update to fix issues reported over the last year, plus the NPC Marius the Cobler in the IC Market District is now voiced, thanks to gep5.

v6.0.9:

- Imperial City: Market District - Corrected texture paths for two meshes from within The Bobbed Maiden

- Imperial City: Market District - Marius the Cobbler now has voiced dialogue, thanks to gep5

- Imperial Isle: Map Markers added outside the gates to Elven Garden District and Aristocratic District

- Bruma: Map Markers for the closed worldspace will now correctly disable when the city is toggled open

- Bruma: Fixed game crash when starting the vanilla quest A Brotherhood Betrayed

- Bruma: The soldiers from the Imperial Legion Offices will now correctly train on the back deck of the building, instead of walking back and forth in odd places throughout the city

- Cheydinhal: When using the Coble integration patch, all wells can now be used to drink water

- Chorrol: Great Chapel of Stendarr - many redundant lights have been removed from this interior after dizzy on Nexus revealed that they were badly affecting FPS

- Open Better Cities: Chorrol - changed a quest market in the vanilla quest to purchase Arborwatch, as the original quest marker may have caused the game to crash for a few people

- Corrected extreme Fatigue values on three NPCs

- Scripts which handle depositing "All" gold into the Bank of Cyrodiil tweaked to be more accurate and hopefully prevent other mods from interfering

- BAIN wizard now installs Slof's Goth Shop replacer ESP if selected

- New compatibility patch for Market District and Oblivion Uncut

- Restored compatibility patch for Better Cities: Chorrol and Heart of the Dead - turns out it cannot be resolved without a patch