• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[RELz] Oblivion XP

Not so heavily modded::

OBSE last version 21.4, MenuQue last version 1.5, DarnUI omod, Natural Faces v.95 omod, Seamless Equipment + Skeleton Corroneras (Bash), Noise Replacer omod, Stutter Remover 4137

Oblivion XP is installed with Wrye Bash

# last modified by obmm: 7/16/2015 4:51 PM

Oblivion.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
NaturalWeather.esp
Natural_Weather_HDR_2.1.2_coloroverride.esp
NaturalHabitat.esp
All Natural - Real Lights.esp
DropLitTorchOBSE.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp
Darkgreen Glass Armour.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
Knights.esp
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp
All Natural RL - DLC Patch.esp
Harvest [Flora].esp
Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp
Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp
Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp
NoHFailure_HFlora.esp
EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp
Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp
Quest Award Leveller.esp
Quest Award Leveller - Battlehorn Castle.esp
Quest Award Leveller - Vile Lair.esp
Quest Award Leveller - Mehrunes Razor.esp
Quest Award Leveller - Knights of the Nine.esp
byo_empty_soul_gems.esp
ActorValueUncapper_Example.esp
Oblivion XP.esp

-----------------------------------------------

Thank you.

Edited by zozoramelu

Not so heavily modded::

OBSE last version 21.4, MenuQue last version 1.5, DarnUI omod, Natural Faces v.95 omod, Seamless Equipment + Skeleton Corroneras (Bash), Noise Replacer omod, Stutter Remover 4137

Oblivion XP is installed with Wrye Bash

# last modified by obmm: 7/16/2015 4:51 PM

Oblivion.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

NaturalWeather.esp

Natural_Weather_HDR_2.1.2_coloroverride.esp

NaturalHabitat.esp

All Natural - Real Lights.esp

DropLitTorchOBSE.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp

EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp

Darkgreen Glass Armour.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp

Knights.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp

All Natural RL - DLC Patch.esp

Harvest [Flora].esp

Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp

Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp

Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp

NoHFailure_HFlora.esp

EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp

Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp

Quest Award Leveller.esp

Quest Award Leveller - Battlehorn Castle.esp

Quest Award Leveller - Vile Lair.esp

Quest Award Leveller - Mehrunes Razor.esp

Quest Award Leveller - Knights of the Nine.esp

byo_empty_soul_gems.esp

ActorValueUncapper_Example.esp

Oblivion XP.esp

Thank you.

I see.  Well I see that you have a couple of mods that needs to be handle with the bashed patch, and I know some mods must be either imported or merged into the bashed patch, so you need to install Wrye Bash then download Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide.

You need update MenuQue 15 to 16b, but I also suggest that you use Wrye Bash for every mod except for DarN UI.  Although, I use  DarkUId DarN since I like a darker UI background and I install it via OBMM.

Edited by Leonardo

Thanks for pitching in guys. :beerchug:

I installed (by the book!) the newest version of ObXP and I intend to used from scratch. I've noticed something though:

1.In Oblivion XP.esp there is a particular empty "Oblivion XP container" placed in Abandoned Mine. Any use for it?

2. I'm using AV Uncapper mod by JRoush. BOSS placed Oblivion XP.esp AFTER AV Uncapper but in OblivionXP settings.ini the attributes and skills are capped to 100. If I uncap them, should I place Oblivion XP.esp BEFORE AV Uncapper in the loading order?

3. I have some minor experience gain issues - a) when picking Nirnroots I get 60XP instead of 50 and b) when discovering new locations sometimes I get 36XP and sometimes I get double XP (72XP)

I didn't advance yet, still level 1, I'm using the default ini settings.

1. That's for keeping track of some of the miscellaneous stats. Yes, it's still used.

2. You can uncap your skills and attributes in the Oblivion XP.ini file and you should do so if you're using that mod.

3. You might have a sleep bonus. You earn double the experience points after sleeping until the sleep bonus is used up. Near the end of the sleep bonus, you'll earn as much as you have left. New location discovery is dependent on the remoteness of the location - it's not a fixed amount.

See the readme for an explanation of these things and how to adjust the caps.

You guys thanks for the prompt reply.

1. I already bash-patched my mods.

2. Oblivion XP.esp loaded before AV Uncapper.

3. Now I'm using the latest MenuQue 1.6b

4. I'm still scratching my head whether or not use Fortify Security Spells when picking very hard locks; if not, way too much XP, if yes, very little if using Alteration Open no XP at all.

---------------------------------------------------

Madam, you have a bank between your legs, you should check more carefully which are your depositors.

Yes, the experience you earn for picking locks is based on your security skill versus the difficulty of the lock. If your security skill is low and the lock is very hard, you get a lot of XP. If you fortify your security skill, that increases it, so you don't get as much XP. Overall it shouldn't really matter since most of your XP will come from killing and completing quests.

I am a bit fuzzy about percentage values regarding Magicka&Health Regen Rate

According to pdf:

The rate of regeneration of your Magicka is (as in Vanilla):
Magicka Regen Rate (%) = ( 0.75 + 0.02 * Willpower ) * Total Magicka
Unlike in Vanilla, with Oblivion XP, your Health also regenerates:
Health Regen Rate (%) = ( 0.75 + 0.02 * Willpower ) * Total Health

where total Health and Magicka are increased

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But in Vanilla

Magicka Regen Rate = 0.01*( 0.75 + 0.02 * Willpower ) * Total Magicka, so for WLP=100 and Magicka=100 I get Regen Rate = 2.75 Magicka/s whereas with your formulae I get:

Magicka Regen Rate (%) = (0.75 + 0.02*100)*100 = 275% regen rate

Health Regen Rate (%)=(0.75+0.02*100)*200=550% health regen rate for saying WLP=100 and Health=200

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what does it means 275%  Magicka regen rate and 550% Health regen rate with your formulae?

It's the same. I might have a typo in the readme - I'll check and fix the readme or the ini file so they are the same. Many of Oblivion's values are actually percentages, but they don't bother with the percent sign. So 100 for Willpower is actually 100%, for example. Basically points and percent are the same thing in Oblivion. So it's 275% or 2.75. As a multiplier, it's the same. When you say 275%, you mean 275/100.

In Valenwood Islands, if you fail a quest, you still get XP and if you go on an evil run, it is a bit unbalanced as you can fail several quests at once. :P

I suspect it would be the same with Elsweyr.

Would it be possible to have a line of code which disables the default XP reward on certain outcomes?

No, but you can control that if you build Ob XP support into your mod rather than relying on the generic default XP. If you build support in, then you can control how much XP is awarded and when it's awarded.

No, but you can control that if you build Ob XP support into your mod rather than relying on the generic default XP. If you build support in, then you can control how much XP is awarded and when it's awarded.

So I can just reward 0 XP for quest failure? I did build in Oblivion XP support for the completion states but not the failure ones.

Edited by Envy123

Yup. Just change the comment to indicate that the quest was failed.

Now, having said that, I'll double-check that awarding 0 points won't cause a problem, but I'm pretty sure it will be fine.

Yup. Just change the comment to indicate that the quest was failed.

Now, having said that, I'll double-check that awarding 0 points won't cause a problem, but I'm pretty sure it will be fine.

I put in this code:

if ( isModLoaded "Oblivion XP.esp" )
    runScriptLine "set ObXPMain.interOpGainedXPMessage to sv_Construct %qFailed Survival of the Fittest%q"
    runScriptLine "set ObXPMain.interOpGainedXP to 0"
endif

In-game, it still rewards 220 XP and says "Completed Survival of the Fittest" even though I failed the quest and put the above code in the fail state.

Could you upload your mod to one of the private project download areas? Please tell me the name of the quest and where the Ob XP award code is.

Here is the link to the private addition - http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/1220-valenwood-islands-ob-xp/

I was just testing this for future mods to see if such a thing works, sadly it doesn't. For one example, look at VIMQ07 where the entry says [Quest Failed].

Original mod - http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/994-valenwood-islands/

Patch - http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/1036-valenwood-islands-patch/

Edited by Envy123

Could you upload your mod to one of the private project download areas? Please tell me the name of the quest and where the Ob XP award code is.

Here is the link to the private addition - http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/1220-valenwood-islands-ob-xp/

I was just testing this for future mods to see if such a thing works, sadly it doesn't. For one example, look at VIMQ07 where the entry says [Quest Failed].

Original mod - http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/994-valenwood-islands/

Patch - http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/1036-valenwood-islands-patch/

Ok, the problem is that Oblivion doesn't distinguish between null and zero. I suggest sending -1 as the quest reward. That will deduct points from the player's total, but it's the easiest way to handle failed quests. Otherwise I'd have to add a new variable and branch to the processing code.

I notice that OblivionXP has support for some landmass mod such as Valenwood Islands and Windfall.

Although, I wish there were a rewarding point(s), let say 10 pts, for every landmass mod the player use when visiting it the first time like e.g "You have just left Cyrodiil and new land awaits you." or similar.

I think that's feasible by checking the coordinates for the mod in question (Elsweyr, Hammerfell comes to mind), but I could be wrong about this.

Not sure about rewarding points for visiting the worldspace, since I'm not sure how I would capture that, but there are rewards for discovering locations in the new worldspace.

Well, it could work for Black Marsh since you travel to a new worldscape via a giant worm underground kinda a *train* network.  Another option of how to capture that is to get a journal update.

I think most people who is playing as an adventurer would appreciate a reward when visiting a new worldspace, not only new locations since it becomes a bit boring to find another undiscovered location just to get XP points.

And some landmass doesn't have OblivionXP support.

Black Marsh will have Oblivion XP support and Oblivion XP has generic quest and new location discovery support, as well as the usual points from killing enemies, so I think it's covered. Doing anything more would require a lot of custom coding and I don't have time for that much development.

New version uploaded. Lots of major bug fixes in this release, including support for 4K monitors and Northern UI. Uninstall the previous version, anneal the BAIN package for your UI and then install the new version. Do NOT use your Oblivion XP ini file from the previous version. Back up your current ini file before uninstalling and then transfer your changes to the new ini file after installing the new version. If you don't use BAIN then you may need to reinstall your UI after uninstalling Oblivion XP to restore the original files.

Change Log 4.4.5

• fixed prompt to initialize Oblivion XP after first level-up bug
  • fixed bug in point award for reading scrolls
  • deleted generic_background75.xml. No longer used.
  • cleaned up menus. Parameterized more elements, removed duplicate definitions. Fixed text wrap length so the menu works with other languages.
  • changed colour of skill cost text to make it easier to see.
  • fixed level-up menu for high resolution monitors (1440p and above).
  • enhanced Shivering Isles location discovery. Previously it only gave a static number of points. Now you'll get a varying number of points based on distance to nearest city.
  • added option to hide HUD message log completely. See messageLogVisible variable in ini file. If you hide the message log, you should turn off the XP gained chime too (messageSoundXP). Replace your Oblivion XP ini file with the one from this package. Back up your ini before installing the new package so you can copy your changes over. DO NOT use the old ini file.
  • made Oblivion XP compatible with Northern UI thanks to DavidJCobb.
  • added NMM installation script created by Haikem. Thanks Haikem!
  • updated installation scripts for new package structure.