Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • AndalayBay

      Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

      I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[RELz] Oblivion XP

Recommended Posts

Are you aware of that people who are using both Kvatch Rebuilt 3.0 and Oblivion XP could lose 33.33 XP points when not reading Savlian Matius first letter?

The reason I mention this is quite simple, because once the player have completed the first quest in the Kvatch Rebuilt mod Savlian Matius's letter will be removed from the player's inventory after talking to Savlian Matius a second time during the first quest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

Are you aware of that people who are using both Kvatch Rebuilt 3.0 and Oblivion XP could lose 33.33 XP points when not reading Savlian Matius first letter?

The reason I mention this is quite simple, because once the player have completed the first quest in the Kvatch Rebuilt mod Savlian Matius's letter will be removed from the player's inventory after talking to Savlian Matius a second time during the first quest.

 

Wasn't aware of that. Do be honest,I never read that letter,didn't know it existed. 

 

A question which is related to my previous posts here but not related with Oblivion XP. With or without Oblivion XP, if you do not use an uncapper mod,the skills and attributes going above 100 with spells,magical items etc. have any effect in the game or not???For instance,if my blade skill is 100 and I use a ring that gives a +20 fortification to Blade skill,do I deal more dmg with swords or not???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Terrorix said:

Wasn't aware of that. Do be honest,I never read that letter,didn't know it existed. 

My question wasn't meant for you, instead I asked Anda.  Sorry for the confusing.

I think you cannot get the bonus for the enchanted ring, unles using Ely's Uncapper mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

Are you aware of that people who are using both Kvatch Rebuilt 3.0 and Oblivion XP could lose 33.33 XP points when not reading Savlian Matius first letter?

The reason I mention this is quite simple, because once the player have completed the first quest in the Kvatch Rebuilt mod Savlian Matius's letter will be removed from the player's inventory after talking to Savlian Matius a second time during the first quest.

So? :) 33 points is hardly going to matter. Besides it's a KR issue, not an XP issue.

44 minutes ago, Terrorix said:

 

Wasn't aware of that. Do be honest,I never read that letter,didn't know it existed. 

 

A question which is related to my previous posts here but not related with Oblivion XP. With or without Oblivion XP, if you do not use an uncapper mod,the skills and attributes going above 100 with spells,magical items etc. have any effect in the game or not???For instance,if my blade skill is 100 and I use a ring that gives a +20 fortification to Blade skill,do I deal more dmg with swords or not???

 

The wiki is your friend. Look at the very last line under Notes. You should probably read through the whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndalayBay said:

The wiki is your friend. Look at the very last line under Notes. You should probably read through the whole thing.

 Pff,as much as I try to avoid an uncapper mod,it seems I am losing much of what I would like to have in the game. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So,I downloaded and install Elys Uncapper mod(latest version available in Nexus) and used wizard to change the Oblivion XP settings accordingly. Isn't it supposed to have an effect on both skills and attributes?if yes,I am still unable to increase the level of any skill or attribute being at 100 while I level up although the weapons damage has been adjusted(changed-increased specifically). Also,using the advlevel command,I see that I am able to see go beyond level 50.The question is,is the mod working correctly or partly??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just edit the Ob XP ini directly. Not everything is in the wizard. The ini file has explanations of all the settings right in the file. The readme also explains the settings and how they impact the game. Don’t use other tools to modify your skills or attributes. Ob XP has to have complete control over them. Elys Uncapper doesn’t alter your skills or attributes, it alters the game engine so it can work with the higher values of your skills and attributes as modified by Ob XP.

I have no idea if the mod is working correctly or not. What is your character’s level? Please read the Ob XP readme. I suspect your character isn’t at a high enough level to permit you to increase your skills and attributes. You can’t use other tools to change your skills and attributes because Ob XP has an internal record of the values.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

I have no idea if the mod is working correctly or not.

If you mean Elys Uncapper mod then it is working as far I can tell since I use both Elys Uncapper mod and Oblivion XP together in my game and that seems to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use it too. I was referring to the fact that Terrorix is messing with his level using the console and that won't work with Oblivion XP, so he might have broken it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Terrorix said:

Also,using the advlevel command

Don't use that console command, instead use the "player.setav <attribute or skill> X" without quotes and the X is what level you want the attribute or skill (type them as it's written I think) in question to be for your PC in-game.

Also, keep in mind using the console too often creates more issues than actually solving an issue, so be careful when using the console and only use the console when you have to like getting stuck into an object and can't move.

Should that happen then bring up the console and type "tcl" without quotes and tcl stands for toggle collision meaning you can walk through walls, buildings etc etc when tcl is enabled.

Edited by Leonardo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

Don't use that console command, instead use the "player.setav <attribute or skill> X" without quotes and the X is what level you want the attribute or skill (type them as it's written I think) in question to be for your PC in-game.

Also, keep in mind using the console too often creates more issues than actually solving an issue, so be careful when using the console and only use the console when you have to like getting stuck into an object and can't move.

Should that happen then bring up the console and type "tcl" without quotes and tcl stands for toggle collision meaning you can walk through walls, buildings etc etc when tcl is enabled.

NO DON'T DO THAT. Leo you're contradicting me! You can't use setav when you are using Oblivion XP. Oblivion XP has to have control over your skills and attributes. You can use modav, which is how the game awards bonuses when you do certain things, like talking to Baurus after helping him with the Mythic Dawn. Same when you read a skill book.

In this instance, Terrorix shouldn't be using the console at all. He should read the Ob XP readme for instructions on how to manually change his level, if that's what he wants to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mistake,it is working. I used advlevel to check if I could bypass level 50(that would mean the Oblivion XP and the uncapper mod are both working normally) and I only did this one a save game I have for testing purposes only. 

In general,I do not use the console at all,expect when tcl needs to be enabled since I have stuck in the world in more than one occasions.

 

On 22/4/2019 at 2:29 AM, AndalayBay said:

Just edit the Ob XP ini directly. Not everything is in the wizard. The ini file has explanations of all the settings right in the file. The readme also explains the settings and how they impact the game. Don’t use other tools to modify your skills or attributes. Ob XP has to have complete control over them. Elys Uncapper doesn’t alter your skills or attributes, it alters the game engine so it can work with the higher values of your skills and attributes as modified by Ob XP.

I have no idea if the mod is working correctly or not. What is your character’s level? Please read the Ob XP readme. I suspect your character isn’t at a high enough level to permit you to increase your skills and attributes. You can’t use other tools to change your skills and attributes because Ob XP has an internal record of the values.

I generally avoid to alter the .ini file of mods that affects many aspects of the game like Oblivion XP since I do not trust myself in changing the correct settings as I usually change other things and I break the game(have such "bad" experience with KOTOR II in the past). But if it has explanations about all settings,I will check it. Perhaps it is more simple than I thought. 

 

 

Also,is it mandatory to use the "update NPC levels" in Wrye Bash? I find it strange that my char is level 38 yet the beasts I fight in the Oblivion world are level 2-20. They are very inferior to me. Is this normal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oblivion XP's ini is meant to be edited by the player. The wizard is a very recent addition. :) Here's a thread on how to customize your levelling rate based on the mods you have loaded.

I suggest taking a look at Bash's readme. I'm not familiar with that setting. It sounds like you have a mod that's messing with NPC and creature levelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-04-23 at 3:11 PM, Terrorix said:

I find it strange that my char is level 38 yet the beasts I fight in the Oblivion world are level 2-20.

I know what you mean, I too have notice the same things.  But I guess that those low level creatures needs to be killed first before they appear at a higher level otherwise the respawn points won't generate higher level creatures.

Does that sound right to you Anda?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

I know what you mean, I too have notice the same things.  But I guess that those low level creatures needs to be killed first before they appear at a higher level otherwise the respawn points won't generate higher level creatures.

Does that sound right to you Anda?

Not that wide a range. That would be Stunted Scamps and Clannfear Runts running around with Daedroth. I think he's running MOO or one of those other mods that delevel Oblivion so you have a chance of encountering anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-04-23 at 9:11 AM, Terrorix said:

My mistake,it is working. I used advlevel to check if I could bypass level 50(that would mean the Oblivion XP and the uncapper mod are both working normally) and I only did this one a save game I have for testing purposes only. 

In general,I do not use the console at all,expect when tcl needs to be enabled since I have stuck in the world in more than one occasions.

 

I generally avoid to alter the .ini file of mods that affects many aspects of the game like Oblivion XP since I do not trust myself in changing the correct settings as I usually change other things and I break the game(have such "bad" experience with KOTOR II in the past). But if it has explanations about all settings,I will check it. Perhaps it is more simple than I thought. 

 

 

Also,is it mandatory to use the "update NPC levels" in Wrye Bash? I find it strange that my char is level 38 yet the beasts I fight in the Oblivion world are level 2-20. They are very inferior to me. Is this normal?

Also, it turns out there's a bug in the wizard that won't set the level cap properly. I'll fix the wizard, but I recommend setting the values in that section manually if you haven't done so already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2019 at 12:02 AM, AndalayBay said:

Not that wide a range. That would be Stunted Scamps and Clannfear Runts running around with Daedroth. I think he's running MOO or one of those other mods that delevel Oblivion so you have a chance of encountering anything.

Anda,once again,you give an answer to my question! Indeed,I am using MOO,I read a bit about what changes it does in the game but never the full extend of it. Tbh,I find it a bit too much to reduce the level of daedric beasts so much,10 levels under the players level would be fine,imo. As it is now,I just go for a walk in Oblivion with no real challenge at all except if they I get attacked by 10 or more beasts,where there it becomes a challenge of a sort. Do you know if there is a way to change this without removing the mod?

 

Also,at what level am I supposed to meet the higher level daedric beasts,like the "purple" giant(do not remember the name)??? I am already level 42 and I am still searching for a greater challenge in Oblivion world

Edited by Terrorix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know anything about MOO. I’ve never used it. With regards to enemies, have a look at the UESP. I linked it earlier in this thread when you were asking about levelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MOO is highly configurable.  Check the INI's included with it.  You'll probably be able to do what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×