• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[RELz] Oblivion XP

Ok, one last thing to check and then I'm out of ideas. :P

Could you please take a screenshot of the following directories in Windows explorer:

menusprefabs

menusprefabsObXP

That's two screenshots. You can upload them to your post here. Thanks.

menusstrings[attachment=5416:menu strings.png] menusprefabs[attachment=5417:menus prefabs.png] menusprefabsstrings[attachment=5418:menus prefabs obXP.png] 

Edit- trying to put these pictures under a spoiler tag.

post-2830-0-32456300-1381176269_thumb.png

post-2830-0-35275300-1381176278_thumb.png

post-2830-0-20296900-1381176284_thumb.png

Edited by CiB

One last thing, could you please confirm that you have levelup_menu.xml in your menus folder? It looks like you don't have file extensions displayed, so it will only be listed as levelup_menu. If you open that file in a text editor, the first two lines should be:

<!-- levelup_menu.xml --><!-- Oblivion XP v4.2.1 -->

I do have levelup_menu.xml present, and those are it's first two lines.

I did do a "remove everything, and put it all back in phases to see when it does and doesn't work"- loading the game without that file gives me the vanilla level up menu and no CTD. Just the vanilla level up menu does it's normal thing (including increasing attributes), and ObXP then tells me that I didn't spend any points after the level up. Which is why I think my crash is Oblivion not being able to use that file for some reason.

Well the screen shots and your levelup menu look fine. I'm really at a loss to explain it. All I can say at this point is to wait and see if Kyoma has any ideas.Kyoma, here is CiB's OP from Nexus:

Upgraded to latest version, es explained in readme. Now when I click to level up, instead of going to the level up menu, I CTD. Previous version worked pefectly, and the latest worked fine, except for the "not being able to level up" thing. Have tried to reinstall a few times (using BAIN, as advised) and still no improvement. Have even reinstalled my ui (dark uid darn). Still getting CTDs instead of a level up menu.I have upgraded to the latest beta of OBSE, and I'm using v16a of menuque. I'm suspecting my problem is the game failing to load the new level up menu.

What I'm currently doing is version switching. That is, using 4.2.3 for the most part (as the improvements to how XP work, especially the way item stealing and quests give xp- are big improvements), and then switching to 4.1.9 to level up when the XP has been acquired (with the same relevant settings in the two ini's) It's cumbersome, but (unless 4.2.3 has changed how the levelling up works in some way) it's working.

Is there something I could be doing to the levelup_menu.xml from 4.1.9 to make it work with 4.2.3? That is, to port it from one version to the other?

:blink: I'm surprised that's even working! No, you can't just move it over. Kyoma overhauled the level-up menu completely. There are a bunch of event handlers in the plugin that work with the new menu.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm doing. when I get the XP to level up, I've been uninstalling 4.2.3, installing 4.1.9, levelling up, then uninstalling 4.1.9 and installing 4.2.3 (all using bain) for actual game play use. As I said, "cumbersome".

I'm aware simply moving the file over wouldn't work, I was asking if there was something I could be doing to edit the file in the 4.1.9 version so it could work with 4.2.3, as judging from how it's behaving, there is something in the 4.2.3 version of levelup_menu.xml my Oblivion installation really doesn't like.

Yes, I understood you. I'm surprised it's working because so much of the structure has changed. All the variables are the same though, so that's why it's working. It really shows how much information is stored in the OBSE co-save.

Anyway because the structure changes are so drastic, you can't just take the old level-up menu and move it over. The key components of the new menu are in menusprefabsObXP. Those are the templates that get swapped in. The menu components have been altered to work with the event handlers in the new version. It wouldn't find those components.

That's why I asked for the screenshots. I was checking to make sure you had all the new stuff and it was in the right locations. :)

Hey sorry I took a while to make an account as I'm the second guy who had this problem.

Unlike CIB I made a fresh install and installed fcom along with plenty of other mods on my oblivion and I ended up downgrading to the older oblivion xp plus which works fine.

Here is my load order.

Oblivion.esmAll Natural Base.esmFrancesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esmFrancesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esmOscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esmMart's Monster Mod.esmTamrielTravellers.esmFCOM_Convergence.esmArmamentarium.esmArtifacts.esmBetter Cities Resources.esmUnofficial Oblivion Patch.espUOPS Additional Changes.espDLCShiveringIsles.espUnofficial Shivering Isles Patch.espBetter Cities .espFrancesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Bosses.espFrancesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Enemies.espFrancesco's Optional Chance of More Enemies.espFrancesco's Optional Leveled Guards.espFCOM_FrancescosNamedBosses.espFran Armor Add-on.espFran_Lv30Item_Maltz.espAll Natural.espAll Natural - SI.espAll Natural - Real Lights.espDropLitTorchOBSE.espDLCHorseArmor.espDLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.espDLCOrrery.espDLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.espDLCVileLair.espDLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.espDLCMehrunesRazor.espDLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.espDLCSpellTomes.espDLCThievesDen.espDLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.espDLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.espExnemRuneskulls.espBob's Armory Oblivion.espFCOM_BobsArmory.espLoth's Blunt Weapons for Npcs.espOblivion WarCry EV.espFCOM_WarCry.espOscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.espFCOM_Convergence.espFCOM_RealSwords.espFCOM_DurabilityAndDamage.espMart's Monster Mod - Extra Wounding.espMart's Monster Mod - Dungeons of MMM.espTamrielTravellers4OOO.espTIE In.espTIE In - FCOM Convergence.espWeapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts.espArtifacts.espDLCBattlehornCastle.espDLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.espDLCFrostcrag.espDLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.espKnights.espKnights - Unofficial Patch.espBlood&Mud.espRoads of Cyrodiil.espBetter daedric shrines full.espUnique Forts Fort Strand.espxuldarkforest.espxulStendarrValley.espxulTheHeath.espXulEntiusGorge.espxulFallenleafEverglade.espxulColovianHighlands_EV.espxulChorrolHinterland.espxulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.espxulBravilBarrowfields.espxulLushWoodlands.espxulAncientYews.espxulAncientRedwoods.espROC+Ancient Redwoods.espxulCloudtopMountains.espxulArriusCreek.espxulPatch_AY_AC.espxulRollingHills_EV_withoutWheat.espxulPantherRiver.espBlood&Mud-PantherRiver patch.espxulRiverEthe.espxulBrenaRiverRavine.espxulImperialIsle.espxulBlackwoodForest.espxulCheydinhalFalls.espBlood&Mud-CheydinhalFalls patch.espxulAspenWood.espxulSkingradOutskirts.espROC+UL Skingrad Outskirts Patch.espxulSnowdale.espOOO-Snowdale Patch.espxulCliffsOfAnvil.espOOO-CliffsOfAnvil patch.espMMMDungeons-CliffsOfAnvil patch.espxulSilverfishRiverValley.espxulJerallGlacier.espOOO-JerallGlacier patch.espxulTheEasternPeaks.espROC+UL-II Patch.espBetterDaedricShrinesFull-UniqueLandscapes patch.espBarrowFields-Blood&Mud-Patch.espHarvest [Flora].espHarvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.espSkycaptainsBloodTime.espAlternative Start by Robert Evrae.espAlternative Start for Better Cities Fix.espRenGuardOverhaul.espRanokoas Undercover Overhaul TRN compatible.espTRN One of the Gang.espROC+TRN One of the Gang Patch.esp1em_Vilja.espbgBalancingEVCore.espBetter Cities Full - B&M Edition.espBetter Imperial City.espBetter Cities - All Natural.espBetter Cities - Unique Landscape Barrowfields.espBetter Cities B&M - Unique Landscape Barrowfields.espBetter Cities - Unique Landscape Chorrol Hinterland.espBetter Cities - Knights of the Nine.espBetter Cities - Unique Landscape Cheydinhal Falls.espBetter Cities - Unique Landscape Skingrad Outskirts.espBashed Patch, 0.espWeapon Improvement Project.espBetter Imperial City FPS Patch.espBetter Cities - Unique Landscape Imperial Isle.espBetter Cities - Open Better Cities.espDynamicLeveledLists.espOblivion XP.esp

Hi Camil, welcome to TAL!

One thing I notice right of the bat is that you should sort your load order with BOSS. You have patches loaded before the mods they are supposed to patch, which never works well. :)

Hi Camil, welcome to TAL!

One thing I notice right of the bat is that you should sort your load order with BOSS. You have patches loaded before the mods they are supposed to patch, which never works well. :)

This load order comes from using boss and I double checked with wyre bash and the patches are all in the right spots and none of them are red and my game runs fine and is stable.

I know its odd and thanks for the welcome.

Edited by camil2003

Oblivion XP should not be last. It definitely shouldn't come after your Bashed Patch. :)

Anyway I don't think that will affect the level-up menu.

For some reason I keep moving it back and it boss puts it back but I believe I had it before the bash and dynamic patch and it still crashed so your right.

Curse dynamic level list for autorunning boss. :D

One thing you might try camil is to disable Dynamic Levelled Lists just before you level. Disable it, level-up and then enable it again. There is a known problem with crashes with Ob XP's levelling when DLL is loaded. That has existed for quite a while. Once again, I don't think it happens to everybody. *sigh*

I sort of tried soemthing like that earlier- my "everything inactive except Oblivion.esm and oblivionXP" check, but I tried again with my normal loadout (minus dynamic levelled lists). But no change unfortunately.

In response to your Nexus idea of checking other versions of the menus- I checked the "just darnified" version and the vanilla version for levelling up- they both crashed as well.

I also tried darnified darkui with the default fonts- it also crashed.

Apologies for the long delay, there were some RL issues that came up. I'm going through the thread right now to make sure I have all the details.

Edit: Hmm, the usual suspects seem to have already been mentioned and ruled out. All the menu files/folders seem to be in order. At this point I'd like to see if there is anything particular to the crash you are getting. To make OBSE generate a so-called 'crash dump' you need to change bCreateCrashDump to 1 in "DataOBSEobse.ini". Then, the next time it crashes it should produce a OBSECrashDump.dmp in your Oblivion folder (happens automatically). If you could upload that file it will hopefully allow me to go straight to the source.

Besides that the only thing that may be involved would be the fonts and/or strings themselves. Could you post the menuque log (for v16a)? There's a bunch of font stuff that gets reported. And, are you using a non-english ObXP_strings.xml?

Edited by Kyoma

Welcome back Kyoma! Perhaps we can take the discussion to the Collective forum if we wind up with some troubleshooting threads. That forum is public, so all interested parties can jump in there. In addition to the two folks here, there are a couple more people on Nexus reporting the same issue.

Sounds good to me, then I'll await news in there. So far it's got me pretty puzzled too, you'd think we ironed out every single bug there was.... :X