• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[RELz] Oblivion XP

Ok, I didn't see Kyoma's previous edit. Those of you who are experiencing crashes when opening the level-up menu, could you have a look at Kyoma's post here?Also, let's take further discussion of this issue to the bug-report thread here.

Uploaded a new release of version 4.2.3. I made a few minor tweaks to a couple of scripts and have restored the OBMM conversion data. There are more people using OBMM than I expected, so I have restored the conversion and installation script for OBMM. The readme has also been updated to reflect the new installation and uninstallation options.

No no, you're meant to order them to use Wre Bash instead! What kind of assimilation process are you running here?!

Agreed.  She should really adapt Arthmoor's stance towards OBMM and that's he doesn't get along with that tool.

Hah. You guys have clearly not had to deal with the increase in support requests since I tried that tactic. ;) There are still an awful lot of people using OBMM and I'm afraid I've succumbed to the masses. :D

You two are a pair of shit disturbers. Not that I didn't know that already. ;)

Kyoma has released a new version of MenuQue that should address the crashes some people have been experiencing when opening the level-up menu. Please grab version 16b and let us know if you experience any crashes.

I'm not getting a crash when levelling up using version of 16b of MenuQue. To be certain, I deleted all the files from the previous version of menuque I was using (which was the test version Kyoma posted earlier which didn't crash for me)

Thanks again to AndalayBay and Kyoma for continuing to work on this and, (as far as I can tell) fixing it  :bow:

Alright, that's great. Just to be sure, you used the original levelup menu, right? Not any modified/stripped version I may have linked to. A quick way to tell is if you're seeing pictures when selecting skills & attributes.

No no, you're meant to order them to use Wre Bash instead! What kind of assimilation process are you running here?!

Agreed.  She should really adapt Arthmoor's stance towards OBMM and that's he doesn't get along with that tool.

I'm just a simple user, but only bothered with OBMM for a few days into my modding-Oblivion routine. Bash looks worse than it is. You just have to ignore 90% of the features in the submenus and whatnot, and just concentrate on the few menu selections and buttons you -need-, when learning the tool.

SInce so very much of Bash is automated anyway these days, they'd probably be able to sell it easier with a "basic" mode, that hid all the "scary looking" UI and menu options. The average user just needs Install/uninstall, Anneal, run BOSS, rebuild BP, and activate/deactivate esp.

Welcome to TAL! :beerchug:

Yeah, I've had to talk people through installing and using WB on Skype. But once they got it up and running, they discovered it's not as bad as it looks. :P Even having a standard menu would help a lot of people. But the Bashed Patch is vital to large load orders. That's just a fact.

I did like writing the BAIN wizard. It was nice to take people through some of the most common configuration options. Lots of work though!

Well, I just didn't see the point in having BOTH Bash and OBMM installed, especially since Bash now has scripting capability.

Wizard writing looks somewhat tedious, but fairly straightforward. I've found I rarely use them though. I tend to read over the manual install process, eyeball the folder numeric prefixes and their contents, and create my own combo bain's complete with patches. Keeps everything in one place, and the folder numbering system tells you everything you need to know 90% of the time. I couldn't stand that OBMM required another layer of complexity (OMOD's, with a custom encryption scheme to boot) and didn't keep backups of your original archives. I need to open those up and make changes A LOT. And the Bash ability to easily pack/repack/sync-both-ways is a lifesaver.

EDIT: unless by "writing the wizard" you mean the CODE for the wizard (the script parser) and not just writing wizard scripts, in which case I salute you, sir.

Edited by DuchessOfKvetch

It would be "ma'am", if I didn't hate being called "ma'am". :rofl:The BAIN wizard for Ob XP takes you through the configuration options for the ini. You can customize many of the things that people usually change: number of skill points per level, attribute points per level, customizing the levelling curve and most of the miscellaneous activities. Not difficult, just long. And picky. :P

Hello,

I'm having a problem with crashing, using MenuQue 16b and Oblivion XP 4.2.3. When I click on "click here to level up".

The other levelup_menu.xml that was linked here earlier in the thread works for me, but the one from Oblivion XP 4.2.3 does not.

AndalayBay asked me to post the OBSE crash dump here for you, Kyoma.

I'm using Wrye Bash 304.3 Standalone.  Oblivion XP is lower in the packages list as well (to win the conflict with DarN UI).

Thanks for your time, AndalayBay & Kyoma.

OBSECrashDump.zip

So, just an update. I did my own testing and started from scratch (no big deal, since my character was level 1 trying to level up to 2 anyway).

I decided to make a clean Oblivion install with no mods. Added OBSE 21b4, MenuQue 16b, DarnUI, OblivionXP & Unofficial patches. Used boss, then rebuilt my bashed patch.

Loaded up an "end of sewers" character that had no mods associated with it. Then I used console commands to manually award XP and set the level up stage.

"Click here to level up" didn't crash my game, and the menu came up just fine. The level up process went smoothly, and carried over unspent points.

Soo, I guess I'll install mods one by one, and keep testing to find the culprit.

Interesting! Please keep us posted. I don't think we ever suspected other mods might be causing issues.

Also OBSE 21 has been released, so it's not a beta anymore. I think it's the same version though.

So, I installed all my mods one by one, rebuilding the bashed patch each time. I've only tested it by awarding myself XP then setting the stage to level up. No crashes.

The only thing different is I didn't add the OBSE plugin, "Oblivion Crash Prevention System". 

Other than that, maybe a mod was messed up during an install, or my bashed patch was messed up somehow.

I'm still curious to see if the OBSE crash dump revealed any clues though.