• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[RELz] Oblivion XP

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I've taken a look at the crash dump and was suprised that it crashed at the exact same point as with the other user. Which would suggest there really is significence in its location (code-wise), something I still don't understand why. I've noted it on my end and I'll continue to think of the cause.

Anyway, I've sent AndalayBay (I keep typing AndyBay :P) additional code that uses a more traditional way of displaying the pictures for skills & attributes. The crash is caused by a certain MenuQue feature that I had added as a 'shortcut'. Seeing as there are probably more than a few users that experience these crashes (going by the principle that for every reported bug/crash there are atleast a couple of unreported ones) it is best to just ditch it and go somewhat oldschool. From a user perspective there won't be any difference, nor will there be any disadvantages.

So, I installed all my mods one by one, rebuilding the bashed patch each time. I've only tested it by awarding myself XP then setting the stage to level up. No crashes.

The only thing different is I didn't add the OBSE plugin, "Oblivion Crash Prevention System". 

Other than that, maybe a mod was messed up during an install, or my bashed patch was messed up somehow.

I'm still curious to see if the OBSE crash dump revealed any clues though.

We actually recommend people don't run that because it just hides crashes, it doesn't actually prevent them. Looks like Kyoma has found the cause and I'll get an update out as soon as I can.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I've taken a look at the crash dump and was suprised that it crashed at the exact same point as with the other user. Which would suggest there really is significence in its location (code-wise), something I still don't understand why. I've noted it on my end and I'll continue to think of the cause.

Anyway, I've sent AndalayBay (I keep typing AndyBay :P) additional code that uses a more traditional way of displaying the pictures for skills & attributes. The crash is caused by a certain MenuQue feature that I had added as a 'shortcut'. Seeing as there are probably more than a few users that experience these crashes (going by the principle that for every reported bug/crash there are atleast a couple of unreported ones) it is best to just ditch it and go somewhat oldschool. From a user perspective there won't be any difference, nor will there be any disadvantages.

Interesting. Ok, thanks Kyoma! I'll take a look and see about getting a fix out as soon as I can.

So, I installed all my mods one by one, rebuilding the bashed patch each time. I've only tested it by awarding myself XP then setting the stage to level up. No crashes.

The only thing different is I didn't add the OBSE plugin, "Oblivion Crash Prevention System". 

Other than that, maybe a mod was messed up during an install, or my bashed patch was messed up somehow.

I'm still curious to see if the OBSE crash dump revealed any clues though.

We actually recommend people don't run that because it just hides crashes, it doesn't actually prevent them. Looks like Kyoma has found the cause and I'll get an update out as soon as I can.

Yeah, I was looking at the feedback on the Nexus for that plugin. Others said the same thing.

As a note, I *tried* the "activate one mod at a time, build a bashed patch" tango - only to run into crazy issues.

a) Bash scans your entire mod list and adds anything it deems mergeable, even if it's toggled off - THEN auto-adds the masters for those mods. You can uncheck them inside the Bashed Patch options screen, but it's a huge PITA *and* then you have to uncheck all those mods again when you finish.

b) Perhaps due to keyboard lag or caching lag (yes, even with a fast SSD drive and new PC), Bash seems to occasionally "ninja activate" unrelated mods, and their masters.

b) Some mods don't work w/o a Bashed Patch, though. I spent HOURS trying to track down why in the 9 hells my PC would turn dark red whenever I added OOO. Just OOO, the .esm and the .esp. Did some crazy shader thing. I suspect a bizarro conflict of some sort, likely in the Race records (also have RBP running). But this reinforces that Order Is Important, even when doing something as innocuous and "playing it safe" as starting  new modded game.

EDIT: I still love WB, but I could write a book on the gotchas and annoyances I've discovered over the last few months.

What separates the men from the boys (and the women from the girls), is learning how not to Ruin Your Day when using all these modding tools. I would actually not take seriously any "expert/veteran" who hasn't had to reinstall Oblivion at least once, due to these kind of unforeseeable snafus. ^_^

Edited by DuchessOfKvetch

WB will reactivate ghosted esp's. It's part of how it's super-automated these days. Even when you have mods that are filters and disabled, it will identify those and add them for you in the proper "mode". Normally this is super cool, but if you're trying to be selective, it's a pain... I typically have to actually rename "ghost" to something else, or uninstall the mod entirely, if I really want it "gone". 

Of course you can uncheck it from the list of merges inside the BP options window, but that's a pain with a lot of mods.

For some of us with fast pc's and SSD's these days, doing this mod-loading-shuffle may be unnecessary anyway. But I can see where it was far more important in the days when optimization was key to getting Oblivion to run well at all.

I'm good, I just don't rebuild the Bashed Patch every time. Doesn't seem necessary for going the slow-load routine. I'm going to activate OOO last though - right before I build my BP and add in my custom patches - because of its weird graphic glitch.

This doesn't have much to do with OXP though!

So here's a little bug I discovered (not sure who is handling the AFK_Weye patch, however). Something about the AFK_Weye initialization quest causes OXP to treat it as a real quest, and you get 110 xp at game start (happens IF you activate OXP prior to AFK_Weye, it seems, but not the other way 'round.

I don't think OXP has a way to distinguish "real" quests from in the ones used to process data in general, but I don't think most mods fire off a 'completion' trigger quite so soon. So maybe it could be something patchable - not sure, however.

So here's a little bug I discovered (not sure who is handling the AFK_Weye patch, however). Something about the AFK_Weye initialization quest causes OXP to treat it as a real quest, and you get 110 xp at game start (happens IF you activate OXP prior to AFK_Weye, it seems, but not the other way 'round.

I don't think OXP has a way to distinguish "real" quests from in the ones used to process data in general, but I don't think most mods fire off a 'completion' trigger quite so soon. So maybe it could be something patchable - not sure, however.

I wouldn't worry about it. Ob XP distinguishes real quests from maintenance and initialization quests by looking at the number of quest stages. Most "fake" quests don't have any stages or only have a single stage. AFK_Weye's initialization quest must have a couple of stages for some reason, so you're getting points for its completion. Dwip doesn't want that quest to earn points, but the few points that Ob XP automatically awards probably aren't worth worrying about.

There are actually a ton of quests that fire off and complete at game start, but most don't have stages, so they won't award points.

New version uploaded!!

Change Log 4.2.4

[*]Fixed CTD that some users were experiencing upon opening the level-up menu. Fix provided by Kyoma. [*]Fixed poison kill script. Kills by poison were not being detected properly by new onDeath event handling and this has been fixed.

Yes, this should finally fix the CTD when you opened the level-up menu. Also if an enemy drops dead from poison, you will get credit for the kill. This got broken when I switched to using the even handler.

Also, Morghean has provided us with a Hungarian translation! Thanks Morghean.

I haven't play Oblivion XP before, so this is my first playthrough with this mod installed.  I couldn't help but notice the Kvatch Rebuilt 1.1 patch and I wonder.  Is the patch outdated with the latest Kvatch Rebuilt version or not? :)

I haven't play Oblivion XP before, so this is my first playthrough with this mod installed.  I couldn't help but notice the Kvatch Rebuilt 1.1 patch and I wonder.  Is the patch outdated with the latest Kvatch Rebuilt version or not? :)

It is outdated, but there's only one extra quest in the new version of KR that isn't covered and the new version of Oblivion XP (4.2.3 and up) now awards points for all quests, so you will get some points for the one extra quest.

Zaldir was going to add Oblivion XP support to the new release so the patch wouldn't be needed anymore, but the new release isn't out yet.

It is outdated, but there's only one extra quest in the new version of KR that isn't covered and the new version of Oblivion XP (4.2.3 and up) now awards points for all quests, so you will get some points for the one extra quest.

Zaldir was going to add Oblivion XP support to the new release so the patch wouldn't be needed anymore, but the new release isn't out yet.

I thought so because I started to like Kvatch Rebuilt when 1.1 just were released what is it 3 years ago.  Have you checked the hotfix (look at the bottom) he quickly released shortly after 2.11 came out?

A new patch really isn't needed. It's just one quest and you will still get points due to the global quest support. Also not getting points for one single quest is not going to make any difference to your rate of levelling. Some people don't even bother with the patches any more and just rely on the global quest support.I spoke to Zaldir late last year and he said he would add Oblivion XP support in the new release.

Thanks Anda.  I think I'll do what most people do play the mod without the patch. :)

I think read it somewhere that Zaldir had the intention to begin modding in Skyrim.  Thus he already hated Papyrus IIRC.

I've just installed Oblivion XP via the BAIN Wizard and notice one option that could be convenient for a new player and that's to have an overall default setting I mean "select this option if you want to install Oblivion XP without changing the default values" then list the default values before jumping directly to the end when installing Oblivion XP through the BAIN Wizard.

Otherwise the installation was enough easy and was not *obscure* if you know what I mean. ;)

Edited by Leonardo

I've just installed Oblivion XP via the BAIN Wizard and notice one option that could be convenient for a new player and that's to have an overall default setting I mean "select this option if you want to install Oblivion XP without changing the default values" then list the default values before jumping directly to the end when installing Oblivion XP through the BAIN Wizard.

Otherwise the installation was enough easy and was not *obscure* if you know what I mean. ;)

Good idea! I'm not sure how I'd code that though... :P

Argh...  No matter what I do the result will be exactly the same I mean if I want to have a perfect installed DarkUId DarN 1.6 (installed in OBMM) then what happen. :(

Well the inventory pages there you can see your birthsign, level, health etc is in white background and not with dark background, but if I correct that in Oblivion XP then what happen.  Oh well the loading screen is in a COMPLETE mess. Period! :wallbash:

How do I correct/fix this mess? :help:

Alternity explains how to create a BAIN for DarkUId DarN in his how-to guide. It's a bit involved but doable. Have you tried that? If you can't follow that, then maybe I can upload my version. I'm not sure if I really packaged it up in such a way that others could use it though. :)

What I know so far is that DarkUId DarN 1.6 covers all character pages while Oblivion XP doesn't do that not that I've notice anyway, but I'm too tired right now and I definitely need some sleep.  So let us figure it out tomorrow.  Okay? :)

That's correct. Oblivion XP only replaces the menus it needs to. That's part of the reason why you need to pick the UI that you are using during the installation. Oblivion XP's menus will match the UI that you are using. You installed DarkUId DarN first and then Oblivion XP, correct? And when you installed Oblivion XP, did you pick DarkUId DarN as your UI?Sorry, I think I misread your earlier post.

That's correct. Oblivion XP only replaces the menus it needs to. That's part of the reason why you need to pick the UI that you are using during the installation. Oblivion XP's menus will match the UI that you are using. You installed DarkUId DarN first and then Oblivion XP, correct? And when you installed Oblivion XP, did you pick DarkUId DarN as your UI?

Sorry, I think I misread your earlier post.

Yes I did install DarkUId DarN first and then Oblivion XP.  Not at first but I think it doesn't matter, because I've already deleted Oblivion.ini a couple of times and generated it back by running the Oblivion Launcher.

Later I did select the DarkUId DarN option for an used UI mod when I reinstalled e.g installed Missing Files and/or annealing Oblivion XP.

You know I think you need to select what UI mod you're gonna to use when you install Oblivion XP before you install DarkUId DarN otherwise you'll see something like this.

ScreenShot0

As you can see in the bottom right there the map markers are shown have dark background.

No you didn't misread my post earlier, so no worries and no apologies aren't necessary. :)

EDIT:  I forgot to ask you.  When you install Oblivion XP does it modify Oblivion.ini or not? The reason I ask you is that if it doesn't modify Oblivion XP then you must select what UI mod you want to use before installing DarkUId DarN.
Edited by Leonardo

No, Oblivion XP does not modify the Oblivion.ini file. Regenerating the file won't help.

Please read the installation instructions in the readme. They explain exactly the steps you need to follow. :)

Just what thought Oblivion XP doesn't modify Oblivion.ini, but still I think there is a conflict between DarkUId DarN and Oblivion XP.

The problem is that if I try correct the background color in the characters HUD page by reinstalling Oblivion XP then the loading screen is messed up.

You know how it looks like when you have started Oblivion from Windows desktop and you'll see a loading bar with the "Loading" text beneath the loading bar, but that loading bar have a graphical glitch I mean the loading bar becomes white and the in-game is even more screwed up the mouse cursor is gone and it doesn't look good.  You should try it just to see what I've notice in-game.

So something is either missing in Oblivion XP or it doesn't work well with DarkUId DarN if you select the DarkUId DarN option when installing Oblivion XP.  I hold my fingers crossed just to see if the picture I took manage to survive.