• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[RELz] Oblivion XP

Ok, your DarkUId DarN is installed correctly, right? It works fine normally?

And you used the BAIN wizard to install Oblivion XP?

Yes on both accounts.  Yes I did.

Well try installing it all again when you get your system fixed up. If you're still having problems, then I'll need a screenshot of your datamenusmain folder.

Oblivion XP doesn't replace all the menu files, so you have to install your UI first. Then when you install Oblivion XP, you tell it which UI you are using and it just replaces a couple of files with its custom version. If you look at the screenshots in the download area, you can see what the menus should look like.

Well try installing it all again when you get your system fixed up. If you're still having problems, then I'll need a screenshot of your datamenusmain folder.

Oblivion XP doesn't replace all the menu files, so you have to install your UI first. Then when you install Oblivion XP, you tell it which UI you are using and it just replaces a couple of files with its custom version. If you look at the screenshots in the download area, you can see what the menus should look like.

Sure I can do that.

It doesn't look like this that's for sure, because my HUD page is more like DarN UI 1.32 as you can see on my picture here.

Yeah, that's the vanilla UI. Since Oblivion XP only replaces some of the files, the original HUD from DarkUId DarN is showing through on the character menu. That's the way it works - it's weird.

Anyway when you install again, make sure you pick DarkUId DarN when it asks which UI you are using.

Agreed, it's weird.  Sure I'll pick the DarkUId DarN UI but that will be later, because right now there is a least one hour left before the restoration is completed.

I've reinstalled Oblivion and everything seems to be working as it should, but you'll never know for sure don't you.

Anyway, I think I've downloaded everything I need to begin an installation of modded Oblivion at any time even tonight if I'm still awake.

Also while I was downloading I came to think about something that could be important for you to know about.  So I need to ask you this... Do you think it matters which DarkUI style I select during the BAIN wizard of Oblivion XP I mean DarkUI or DarkUId DarN?

Dark UI and DarkUId DarN are two completely different things, so yes, it matters. If you click on the extra information on each option in the BAIN wizard (I can't remember what it's called right now), I explain what each is. I think it's called description.

Actually no they're not different from each other, because DarkUId DarN 1.6 have all this stuff included (see below) in this release, which I think is the most stable DarkUI mod that has ever been released.

From the readme here

This package includes the whole of DarNified UI version 1.3.2, and all of DarkUI version 2.40. It also contains Darkbirdy's DarkUI Loading Screens, and the Shivering Isles DarkUI Loading Screens by HTF. It also includes a DarkUI-ified Main Menu Video and Map-Scroll Video by Fritzdog. This also fixes tiling issues with the textures in the map and inventory screens, as thanks to the amazing work of Brumbek and Belinda.You may want to back up your Video folder first, in case you don't like Fritzdog's replacements.Notice: These videos, due to space restrictions, are only in the manual version. If you want these DarkUI'd default videos, download the manual version and move the files in the video folder, or download them herehttp://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11086If you are upgrading from a previous installation, please uninstall the old version before installing 1.6, as several files have been moved, and failure to delete them first will result in meaningless multiple files.

Leo, they are two different UI's. As a matter of fact, I added Dark UI at the specific request of some Ob XP users.Dark UI is a dark version of the vanilla UI. People who play on their couch with their television as a monitor still use it because they need the big text. Others still use it because they like some of the features it has. I know the author claims that DarkUId DarN is a replacement, but it's not.DarkUId DarN is simply the dark version of DarNified UI. DarNified is a complete redesign of the menus and is noted for its small text size.So the two are not interchangeable and you want to pick the UI that matches what you installed.

Hmm...  Perhaps there is an important difference between using a BAIN wizard and an omod in OBMM.  I dunno but I'll check it when I install DarkUId DarN 1.6 in OBMM and installing Oblivion XP via a BAIN wizard.

I used to install it that way all the time until I created a BAIN wizard for DarkUId DarN.

Did you always get a DarkUI HUD page for your character (birthsigns, class etc) and not what I posted in the previous thread page?

Do you mind sharing the wizard? I know I'd be grateful to have one.

Actually I don't have a wizard - wrong term. I meant BAIN package. You need to repackage the mod to be BAIN compatible. Alternity explains how to do it in his guide and I recommend following that.

Do you mind sharing the wizard? I know I'd be grateful to have one.

Actually I don't have a wizard - wrong term. I meant BAIN package. You need to repackage the mod to be BAIN compatible. Alternity explains how to do it in his guide and I recommend following that.

If you wish you can create a BAIN wizard with Surazal's BAT tool. :)

[*]Wizard Builder to construct your own Wrye Bash installation Wizard without any scripting knowledge

[*]Generates a Wizard that will install the sub-packages you select in BAT - takes into account new and deleted sub-packages

Today when I was heading Fort Ash to begin the MQ I discover Fort Nikel and doing that gave me 96.00 XP points.  Is that normal I mean if you discover a location inside a city or a location along the road you usually get 48.00 XP points.  How come?

I also i notice another thing when I level up and that's about how many attribute points you can increase an attribute because I tried to add more than 5, but couldn't and there were no "(Max 5 attribute point)" text.  Perhaps add such text.

It sounds like you had the resting bonus in effect. Have a look at the readme Leo! I explain that in there. :)

The plus control gets disabled. No text is needed. :) Also, the maximum amount you can increase your skills and attributes is configurable in the ini. That's also explained in the readme. <_<

It sounds like you had the resting bonus in effect. Have a look at the readme Leo! I explain that in there. :)

The plus control gets disabled. No text is needed. :) Also, the maximum amount you can increase your skills and attributes is configurable in the ini. That's also explained in the readme. <_<

I don't think I had the resting bonus in place since I did a lot of traveling before I travel by road from the Imperial City to Fort Ash.  Anyway, I found strange though that I got 96.00 XP points for discovering a fort only few yards of the road.

Ah I didn't notice the disabled plus sign.  All I notice that you couldn't add more XP points than 5.  Well you know what people say who is reading a readme these days. :)

The archive have Oblivion XP 4.2.4 as a filename, but in-game it shows 4.2.3.  So what version does the Oblivion XP have 4.2.3 or 4.2.4?

The rested bonus will apply until you use up the pool of points - there's no time limit. If your progress bar is orange, you've got rested XP.The version is 4.2.4 but I didn't update the string files because of the translations, so in-game it will initialize as 4.2.3. You'll know you have the right version installed if the readme and ini file say 4.2.4.