• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[RELz] Oblivion XP

The version is 4.2.4 but I didn't update the string files because of the translations, so in-game it will initialize as 4.2.3. You'll know you have the right version installed if the readme and ini file say 4.2.4.

Thanks for telling me how to find out what version I had. :)

Please correct me if I am wrong but, ALL quests from ALL mods are now supported? Even if they give a generic amount of experience.

Also, I would like to ask if kills made by followers/companions are supported and give experience points to the player (having in mind a priest/healer character).

The answer to both your questions is yes. The other NPC must be a follower or companion, so if a guard charges in and saves you, you don't get points for that.To get points for completing a quest, it must be a real quest that you complete. Quests are also used to set things up and manage things - you won't get points for those.

Wow, perfect then (I was worried about non-playable quests giving xp points too), this mod is such a masterpiece!!

I love how characters can be developed and increase levels without being necessary killing machines, if that doesn´t fit with my character´s role.

This mod opens the horizons of Oblivion to a new level, thank you for sharing it :D

I have another question for you.  Sorry if this is off topic or if it has already been posted.

Is there a patch, or workaround, for Winton Earl's Crash Prevention System, please?

I had both Oblivion XP Update 4.24 (latest version) and Winton Earl's Crash Prevention System installed.  I'd get the level up screen, click on the bar saying click here to level up, the game would crash.  This happened with two characters, a Kaleen Character and a Persocom Character.  I changed to the Persocom thinking there was a probem with custom races.  There wasn't.

I read on the Nexus Forums, as part of the posts on the Oblivion XP Update page that other players have has the same problem.  These players uninstalled Winton Earl's crash Prevention System, and Oblivion XP leveled up properly.  No more Crashes To Desktop.

I like running Winton Earl's Crash Prevention System.  The game (Oblivion in case youdon't know which game I'm rabbiting on about) didn't crash every five minutes while running this mod.  I would like to run it again, but I like your mod.  Finally, you get experience for closing an Oblivion Gate.  You get experience for solving quests, exploring, kiling some ratbag who has decided to spoil your admiring the cloud formations and the Ogres trying to eat armour.  I would like to run both of the mods mentioned.  If you culd tell me how to  do this, I would be grateful.

You can't use WECPS anymore. It's not compatible with the newer versions of OBSE. It also doesn't prevent crashes - it just masks them. It doesn't fix the underlying cause - it can't. So you could wind up with corrupted data, as DS said.

Hello Andalay, 

I want to thank for your work in continuing to support this mod.

Unfortunately I am having issues with getting the mod to work properly. First off, the download says it is version 4.2.4, but when I download it and create an OMOD in OBMM by selecting add archive, it says it is actually is 4.2.3. Don't know if this matters but just mentioning it. The info.txt file in the archive states it was:

Created or installed: 13/11/2013 3:42 AM

Last modified: 13/11/2013 3:42 AM
The levelup_menu file that is generated says it is 4.2.4 however.

I don't get an CTD's, but I get what seems to be a half-activated mod. After I create a new character, I see a large box in the bottom left/right with no text in it. I also see a blue bar above my normal health bar about 10% filled and doesn't change which I presume is supposed to be the new xp bar (even though in the screenshots it is orange?). In the stats/menu screen, I see a half-filled yellow bar which is the oblivion xp bar, but instead of numerical values it says in words "current xp/needed xp". The side oblivion xp tab also appears giving general information.

Killing creatures doesn't change the progress on this bar, and no text appears in the box.

I am running on a new installation of Oblivion from 2 days ago, and I believe I have the latest versions of OBSE, Menu QUE, and tried this with dark darnefied UI and vanilla. Still no luck. I believe I saw a similar comment to the issue I'm having somewhere on the nexus mods site from a while back.

Thank you to AndalayBay and Death_Soul for replying.  I didn't know that about crashes in Oblivion.  That clears up what was a vexing matter for me.  Much appreciated. 

Hello Andalay, 

I want to thank for your work in continuing to support this mod.

Unfortunately I am having issues with getting the mod to work properly. First off, the download says it is version 4.2.4, but when I download it and create an OMOD in OBMM by selecting add archive, it says it is actually is 4.2.3. Don't know if this matters but just mentioning it. The info.txt file in the archive states it was:

Created or installed: 13/11/2013 3:42 AM

Last modified: 13/11/2013 3:42 AM
The levelup_menu file that is generated says it is 4.2.4 however.

I don't get an CTD's, but I get what seems to be a half-activated mod. After I create a new character, I see a large box in the bottom left/right with no text in it. I also see a blue bar above my normal health bar about 10% filled and doesn't change which I presume is supposed to be the new xp bar (even though in the screenshots it is orange?). In the stats/menu screen, I see a half-filled yellow bar which is the oblivion xp bar, but instead of numerical values it says in words "current xp/needed xp". The side oblivion xp tab also appears giving general information.

Killing creatures doesn't change the progress on this bar, and no text appears in the box.

I am running on a new installation of Oblivion from 2 days ago, and I believe I have the latest versions of OBSE, Menu QUE, and tried this with dark darnefied UI and vanilla. Still no luck. I believe I saw a similar comment to the issue I'm having somewhere on the nexus mods site from a while back.

You haven't installed it properly. :) That's the problem with using OBMM - it doesn't uninstall mods properly. When you uninstall something, it just deletes the files and it doesn't restore the originals if the mod you installed overwrites files from another, so you wind up with a messed up game.

I recommend installing Wrye Bash and using BAIN to install your mods. BAIN will restore the original files if you uninstall something. Wrye Bash is pretty easy to install these days.

Anyway, at this point I recommend that you uninstall Oblivion XP and Dark Darnified UI. Then install Dark Darnified UI again. Test your game and see if it works (without Oblivion XP). Save your game in a new slot if it works. Then install Oblivion XP, making sure to pick DarkUId DarN as the UI.

If you do decide to switch to Wrye Bash, uninstall the mods with OBMM to clear them out. There isn't a BAIN package for DarkUId DarN, and converting it is tricky, so you'll probably want to stick with OBMM for that.

Hey

I was wondering if i could just copy your AFK_Weye - OblivionXP patch or the DB patch and change quest names in it (in scripts also) to match the same in some other mods that dont have support for OblivionXP?! For my own personal use of course. I have lots of mods installed that dont have support for OblivionXP and i figured it would be more practical to make one plugin to support all mods that i want, in case the author updates his mod, then to edit every esp individually. Is that possible?

Yes, it's possible. You don't even need to copy an existing patch. You can take OblivionXP.esp and modify it. There's a script in there that has all the built-in quest support - you would just add to that. You'll have to redo your work when I release an update and I do have one more update planned.

Wow....leaving such a possibility for a user is really, really cool! :thumbup: I'll wait for your next update and then i'll make my own edits to it. Concerning the performance, i' gonna use RuntimeScriptProfiler plugin just to see if it really degrades the performance, but i dont think it will. I'll also try not to "stuff" it with everything i have. Thank you so much AndalayBay!!!

I'm currently working on a new version, which I've chosen to label 4.3. I think I have fixed the initialization bug that prevented you from spending all your skill and attribute points when you added Oblivion XP to an existing game. The new code requires that you initialize immediately, so I have changed the message that's displayed as well. I have asked our translators to supply replacements for the new line. I just have to do a bit more testing to make sure the skill and attribute points are being calculated correctly.

Does anyone here speak German? Klaus has left the community. I can translate the line into German, but I'll have to use an online translator since my German isn't good enough.

I've got another fix to do and then the new version will be ready.