• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

[RELz] Dark Brotherhood Chronicles: Awakening

You're kidding, right? :rofl: I'll get back to working on the voice acting in another month, but it will be several months beyond that before it's done. I have no idea how long it will take Cray and Amadaun to write the scripts.

That's basically how Ada reacted to the judge at the show after two days of stress. The judge didn't want to go near her and called me over instead. :rofl: They might be little, but do pissed off and terrified very well.

I'm back working on DBC. I've already squashed a bunch of bugs and have added a new option for completing a certain nasty contract that I think people will really like. The last quest in Awakening needs to be rewritten in preparation for Consequences so you'll need to play through the mod again if you've finished it already. Sorry about that, but with the fixes and the voice acting, hopefully you'll be keen to check it out again.

The big fixes in this release involve preventing some changes DBC makes to certain characters from kicking in too soon. If you have Awakening in your load order now, I recommend removing it and waiting for the new release, unless you're partway through the quest line already. If you are, stop playing before you have to turn in the dagger. There was a logic loophole that I missed previously. I've also fixed up our locations so they can either be visited before the mod starts or they are inaccessible, using various methods to hide them. I've also balanced the goodies out a bit more. Some chests were grossly overpowered and I've corrected that, while a big dungeon with a certain vampire didn't have enough goodies. I've also added a bit of "backstory" by making a location available to visit and clear before DBC starts. Then when the associated DBC quest does start, the state of the dungeon makes more sense.

We’re waiting for Cray to return. His computer died and it’s taking him some time to get a new one. I’ve been in contact with him and he’s still around.

In the meantime I’m working on fixing and modifying Awakening in preparation for Consequences. I still have a lot of work to do actually, especially in regards to getting the voice acting done.

First, thanks for this mod, AndalayBay! I've been slowly building a Oblivion mod list and am including this one. Yet, in doing research, I saw you are near a new release. I was wondering if you believe I'll be able to install the update without issues during an existing playthrough? Or, would it be better to wait and install it during my playthrough when the new version drops?

Thank you! I appreciate all the work you've put into other mods as well.

I recommend holding off until the new release. Unfortunately I’ve hit a snag due to an engine limitation so I haven’t worked on DBC for a while. I’m trying to find a work-around.

If you do play through the current version, you have to redo the last part of the mod. I’ll suggest to people that they play the mod over again due to all the bug fixes, new ways of completing some quests and the voice acting.

It's been so long since I was here last, to see the activity on this is phenomenal. I plan to do a new playthrough of Oblivion the minute you drop the new release. This has made my year, and the past half-decade of waiting, worth it.

You might get a kick out of the change log that I've got so far then. Warning: SPOILER ALERT!

Spoiler

Change Log 1.3.x

• changed form ID of Waterfront escape marker so that it would be moved properly.
  • changed form ID of Waterfront shack door so that it would be moved properly in all cases.
  • wrong soul gem used in treasure - fixed
  • fixed scripts for sanctuary doors and hatches so PC couldn't enter if not in DB
  • changed some dialogue in MQ11 (will probably be changing more)
  • set Uvani's amulet to initially disabled so it couldn't be taken before quest starts
  • fixed key in dagger script to stop endless loop
  • fixed Stronghold teleport usage and timing of when it's enabled
  • fixed spelling of rotten apple
  • fixed Rochelle's armour
  • created DBC version of pit armour
  • adjusted loot chest contents in Outpost and Mala Lyeismath
  • fixed rotation of jewellery box in Listener's quarters
  • rearranged order of rumours so Watcher will use them. Turns out this wasn't needed. I had to use SetNoRumors 0 in the console to fix him.
  • changed inventory of Vorena Drathil so she would have a better chance of surviving during MQ07.
  • changed AI Package of Aranea Drathil and journal updates so MQQ07 would be easier to follow.
  • created new AI Package for Aranea so she would run to other necros when knocked out
  • made Vorena essential if player chooses to spare her
  • fixed Aranea's scripts so she would also run when her health got too low.
  • fixed MQ08 script so Pally only shows up during daytime
  • fixed typo in SQ04 - Cold Blood and Steel.
  • added custom greetings, hellos, goodbyes, rumours and Sithis, Night Mother and Sanctuary topics.
  • made Joanna essential until start of quest. Fixed AI packages to lock doors.
  • fixed necromancer chant recordings
  • fixed Skingrad hatch so teleport link was on hatch, not the ladder. Might help courier leaving Sanctuary.
  • grounded floating tree near Outpost
  • fixed MQ01 so Watcher approaches player and disposition of NPC's set properly. Not working - see below.
  • named Lucien's short sword
  • moved lava textures to custom folder
  • added DBC to All Natural Indoor Weather Filter for Mods
  • moved courier closer to PC to help him find PC during MQ03
  • fixed Sanctum shrines so blessings hit player properly
  • set up Vicente for custom Awakening voice (made custom NPC)
  • fixed condition on Sanctuary topic for Cla'nee
  • fixed main quest script so various functions don't occur until mod has started
  • fixed generic dialogue script so wrap width and number of wrap lines are set properly. Note: this affects all dialogue (base game and other mods), not just DBC dialogue.
  • removed vampire topic from Vicente. This topic is not available by the time Awakening kicks in.
  • renamed Swiftblade to Varrick
  • fixed spell cost for scripted spells
  • added option to kill Zannadil with poisoned apples
  • fixed up DBC locations so they are explorable before quest starts or are disabled
  • gave courier a horse so he can find player faster
  • fixed bug in SQ07 - had used editor ID for Roderic instead of name. Also fixed string comparison.
  • fixed starting disposition of speaker candidates
  • added voice acting:
    • The Watcher
    • Plague of Undeath High Priest
    • Soren Renard
    • Lucien Lachance
    • Tevacho (All processed except Goodbye and generic rumours missing)
    • Breton Males: Plague of Undeath Necromancer, Vampire Cultist, Generic Murderer
    • Chronicler
    • Generic Imperial Male, Vampire Cultist
    • Emaciated Vampire
    • High Elf Males: Soul's Blood Loyalist, SB Loyalist Greeter, Vampire Cultist
    • Maiden
    • Arquen

The big fix was a loophole in my logic that had some stuff in Awakening kick in before it should. Now you can install Awakening as soon as you start a new game and it will just sit quietly... waiting... :D

I'm just starting to prepare my installation, I'm still missing a lot of things to make the game really enjoyable. I guess Better Cities and Uniques Landscapes will need an update for their compatibility plugin?

I think Vorians took care of that. I haven't changed anything like that, but I think Vorians did make a bunch of changes to BC that required an update to the patch.

Actually I will have to talk to Vorians about Skingrad. The changes I made there might affect BC and/or UL. Good point!