• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Envy123

Progress Thread

I've gone back to finishing this :)

I figured that I will mostly do my own internal testing when I'll finish the content and then release the entire thing.

Maybe I can also make an addon for that marriage mod too. :D

nice to know you're planning on finishing this!

on a side note, I re-installed oblivion and wanted to pick up this mod again, but did you remove the files?

I've gone back to finishing this :)

I figured that I will mostly do my own internal testing when I'll finish the content and then release the entire thing.

Maybe I can also make an addon for that marriage mod too. :D

nice to know you're planning on finishing this!

on a side note, I re-installed oblivion and wanted to pick up this mod again, but did you remove the files?

Thank you :D

No, the files are still up there. The alpha is already the second alpha so it's much improved from the first one, and all the issues you reported have been fixed :)

But I feel there are still bugs in there, especially since the questlines are multi-branching.

Alright, the tribal quests have been cut down from four to two. I want quality over quantity, and the isles are too small of a location for me to add any more main quests without compromising on quality.

What's next is to give the few followers, that you can have in the end of the mod, some more personality and giving them the follower features. Once I've done that and my own testing, the mod will then be released.

Any future versions won't have any more content - but there will be bug fixes and the addition of voice acting, of course :)

Main quest - almost fully debugged. I need to re-check the actual endings to make sure they sync up okay.

Side quests - not yet debugged.

Unmarked quests - treasure hunt works okay, not sure about the other one.

AI packages - not yet debugged.

Fleshing out of NPCs - two villagers left.

Interiors - almost done

Exteriors - fully done

My main priority atm is the AI packages and then the side quests.

That sounds fantastic :)

I was wondering about that thing you said about some quests deleted because they were not consistent.

Thank you :)

The deleted quests were from an alternative branch of the mod's main quest. Only turned out to be two, instead of four.

The main reason for the cut was indeed because they were not consistent. What I mean by that is that I want to maintain a balance of good incentives to explore and good incentives to do quests, so the halfway point of Fallout and TES. The cut quests put too much of an emphasis on exploration so they're not going to be in the final version.

Update: AI packages are mostly done, except for the comrades of the ship when you're on the isles. One more NPC needs a dialogue tree and then I would need to add post-MQ dialogue and quests. And some buildings need to be populated.

After that and after I've tested the mod, it would be ready for release :)

OK, I've been using the former inaccessible buildings as places which hold unmarked quests. The quests have names but they don't appear in your journal, mainly because your character may feel different feelings depending on their traits and I didn't want to force the player's way of thinking to be something it's not.

Post MQ content will have consequences depending on what you did in the main questline - which will mainly be new dialogue trees.

Alright, four NPCs need Post MQ dialogue trees and a few followers need the features Change Tactics, Change Weapon and Open Inventory. After that, the mod will be released as an initial version and later versions will have any reported bugs stomped out.

All features are complete and are now undergoing final testing. So a release should be soon :)The follower features were scrapped - you only have temporary followers. NV style followers will be in Elsweyr Pelletine instead.

Fantastic Envy, congrats for reaching that point! :)

Thank you :D

Still have two paths left to debug and to generate the landscape textures (as the previous LOD was too detailed).

LOD done for the entire mod. Looks still as good as before, but with a higher performance :)

I still need to test one more branching questline, do the bed rental for that one tavern and finish the path grids in the caves.

So you're starting to see the light in a LONG modding tunnel. :)

Yeah - while all the quests are done, there are still some minor things left to do.

Alright, the last thing which needs to be done before release is testing one additional path I made for the main quest. Then, I can release the mod and hopefully get voice acting for it. :D