• Announcements

• AndalayBay

SSL Installed   05/29/2018

Second IP obtained. The issues with IPv6 have also been fixed, but we can't switch to HTTPS until we switch forum software. We can't switch to HTTPS without a current license with IPS.
Sue

Movie Quote Game

I’ve got one more quote from the same movie that should pretty much give away the series, if not the specific movie. Yes, that’s another clue. Would you guys like that quote?

...definitely a Star Trek movie.  And I'm going to say that it's a new one, because I don't remember it and I haven't seen those.

P.S:  If that's not a Bones or Uhura line, I'm going to be deeply disappointed at everyone who wrote that.

They're pretty good.  JJ Abrams did a fine job.  But, as for the quote, I've only seen the movies once when they first came to DVD/Blu-ray, so lines haven't found their way into memory.

I think it's from the first Abrams movie in the series -  which is simply Star Trek - and I think it was spoken by Scotty

*sigh* It's Star Trek: Into Darkness, which was FUCKING AWESOME!!!! It's the new version of the first encounter with Khan, who's played by BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH! Guys, you can't get more awesome than this. I couldn't resist posting quotes from this movie after the rant about the first movie here:

The first one was ok, but not great. Part of it was adjusting to the shock of having my favourite series being redone. I've gotten used to it now and love the new series. I've seen all the movies to date, and the new actors are fabulous. I was really upset when Anton Yelchin died. The third movie in the series is also very good.

All the quotes were by Bones. The first was Bones asking Kirk if he was experiencing any side effects, the second was Bones on a planet with a gorgeous woman and the third was when Bones agreed to join Kirk on their first five year mission. Bones is played by Karl Urban and he's nailed the essence of Bones. :)

I'll post up a new quote from a new movie.

Ok, hopefully some folks recognize this one:

”They came to the conclusion that men were necessary for procreation, but for pleasure... no, they were not necessary.”

It was a logical guess! Depending on your interpretation of the myths, the Amazonians either had a few males born every few centuries or captured them. In the latter case, the stories often go that they were killed after providing the necessary ingredients for babies. :P

I'll get a new quote up soon. :)

1 hour ago, AndalayBay said:

Yes, that was the one. I liked it.

The best DC movie since The Dark Knight, IMO.

I don't recognize that quote... I request a follow-up.

6 hours ago, Visceral Moonlight said:

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb..."

It's the very first Batman movie!

6 hours ago, Visceral Moonlight said:

If the atom isn't north, south, or east then what must it be?

That's not a quote by the way. :D

...Hold still.  I'm going to set you on fire for that one.

I just now got the hint.  That was slick, VM.

So, Amadaun is right?  You never technically confirmed it with a "correct" or what not.