• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkListener34

Windows 10

So, I got this notification from my OS windows 7 saying "oh you should download windows 10" not exactly like that, but you know what I meant. However, I am not sure if I should download it or just leave it. Since I have themed out my desktop with windows 7 requirements.

Hmmm...It would be very interesting to have a DBC windows 10 or 7 theme B-):blues:

Oh great Amadaun and Andalaybay :bow: haha.

Just kidding. But yeah, be very interesting.

I say wait a while. The offer is good until next Summer so you've got time. I say to wait as there are quite a few questionable things in W10 (such as the P2P stuff) that are turned on by default along with things like the update fiasco where you have no control over them and don't know what the updates even are. They may or may not change these things so it's a good idea to wait to see what happens first. They're also still fixing a lot so it'll probably work better, too.

Edited by Visceral Moonlight

I thought so. Because this whole time, I've been waiting and see what happens. I am not sure what their doing now on windows 10. I don't remember when I got the notification for windows 10.

Just be aware that nagware thing is pretty aggressive and in my case thought it was doing me a favor by reserving a copy of Windows 10 without my consent. I disabled it from going any further and so far Windows Update hasn't tried to sneak it back into existence yet.

A lot of what Microsoft is doing lately reminds me too much of how they were in the late 1990s... and not in a good way.

I'd also hold off on upgrading until Microsoft clarifies their stance on the removal of pirated games. I don't condone pirating, but I'm not keen on having my OS delete software off my PC either.

I've also seen posts from people who have upgraded to Windows 10 and they are having issues getting games and extensions like OBSE to run properly.

In terms of a DBC theme for your PC, go ahead. :) Just don't redistribute any of our resources, especially Amadaun's custom artwork. She's the one that created a lot of the artwork you see in DBC. :beerchug:

I installed it on my computer at work, and as an OS, it's been pretty good so far. I won't install it on my main machine though. I don't trust it for gaming application.

I haven't even booted Windows since this began. I run a dual-boot setup so I don't want to risk my boot partition getting screwed up because Microsoft seems to be at war against Linux. Fortunately, secureboot was easy enough to bypass by disabling it but I'm nervous that W10 may be the start of them going further.

:lol: Poor VM. Dude, you should click on the link. :D

Jimi says that he doubts that your dual-boot setup would be broken by W10. He said that MS is actually getting more Linux friendly. MS provides Linux in their cloud services, so he doesn't think they are going to sabotage it.

I have upgraded all three of my PCs to Windows 10 and both of my parent's computers as well, with minimal upgrade-related issues.

OBSE runs fine, Oblivion runs fine, I had an issue with CSE but that was just because Win 10 didn't like the shortcut to a BAT file I'd created in Win 7. Deleting that and making a new shortcut resolved it.

Jimi says that he doubts that your dual-boot setup would be broken by W10. He said that MS is actually getting more Linux friendly. MS provides Linux in their cloud services, so he doesn't think they are going to sabotage it.

The biggest thing I'm concerned about is whether or not W10 will overwrite the bootloader. It used to be that, if you installed Windows second, it would mess up the bootloader configuration and you'd need to do a lot of work to restore it. Not sure if things have changed, though.

They've been trying to do that for a while actually. I'll get a list of updates that have been preparing your PC for the Windows 10 update. I have been deleting them or hiding them in Windows update so that they don't get installed. I'll post the list here.

They've been trying to do that for a while actually. I'll get a list of updates that have been preparing your PC for the Windows 10 update. I have been deleting them or hiding them in Windows update so that they don't get installed. I'll post the list here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't those just nag screens while this one is the whole thing?