• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
WalkerInShadows

Bug report

So I finally (finally) started playing thorugh DBC. I'm impressed so far, but I ran into a small problem with the "gather the keys" quest. I told all the people to go to their respective sanctuaries and wait for me. I cleared most of them without problem, but I had an issue with Skingrad:

When I went to Summitmist, Cla'nee was nowhere to be found. The marker pointed to the foyer, but all I found was an empty house. So, I advanced the stage to 40, found the key, and left. Another thing to note: The first time I jumped up to the key, I used the vanilla crates and barrels, and I got stuck on the barrel - I had to reload. The second time, I jumped up via the bookcase with no problem. I'm not sure why the barrel did this, but you might want to warn people about it.

That's odd. We've never had that problem with Cla'nee before. That's the first time anyone has reported an issue with the barrels as well.

I would have preferred to move Cla'nee to you so the quest runs normally. Advancing it like that may not set all the quest variables and might affect other things later.

Oh. More info: when I returned to the sanctuary, she was standing in front of the door to the Listener's quarters. I talked to her and completed the quest. Keeran was there too - I didn't mention him before because I couldn't remember if he'd shown up in Leyawiin; I was able to figure out the puzzle there myself, though. I just met with the courier for the next stage, so I'll let you know if anything breaks.

Oh. More info: when I returned to the sanctuary, she was standing in front of the door to the Listener's quarters. I talked to her and completed the quest. Keeran was there too - I didn't mention him before because I couldn't remember if he'd shown up in Leyawiin; I was able to figure out the puzzle there myself, though. I just met with the courier for the next stage, so I'll let you know if anything breaks.

What? That doesn't make any sense at all. I'm not sure you're going to be able to finish DBC. :(

Which sanctuaries are you referring to? The way the keys quest is supposed to work is that you are supposed to meet up with the NPC and do the little quest to retrieve the Stronghold key. Once you've gotten the key, you talk to the NPC and they give you the key to their sanctuary. You shouldn't be able to enter the sanctuary until you have the respective key.

I have had some issues with Skingrad which I think I've fixed in the new release. I wonder if you should wait for the new release and start over. As I said, given the issues you've had already, I'm not sure you'll be able to finish since DBC gets way more complicated, scripting-wise. :P

Sorry for being vague. I meant when I returned to Cheydinhal - she never left that sanctuary to go to Skingrad.

I wouldn't mind doing a clean save and starting over - I haven't been playing much lately anyway, and I tend to do quests "in the course of adventuring" instead of focusing on them exclusively, so I haven't gotten far. That said, I don't think the problem lies with your mod. I've been having odd problems since I installed Orden des Drachen a couple weeks ago - on one quest in VHB, for instance, you go below Skingrad, do some stuff, and then come back up through a well, but the game crashed every time I tried to leave. I found I could coc to any Skingrad interior or any other location in Tamriel, but every time I tried to enter the Skingrad worldspace, it crashed. Fortunately, I had a save from before that quest, so I didn't lose more than an hour or so.

And Keeran didn't leave either? You might have some game issues. Do you sort your load order with BOSS or manually? We find that the BOSS order does work. And a Bashed patch is vital. If you have a Bashed patch, and I'm guessing you do, you might want to check it in Edit to see which mods are winning for some of the changes. I've found that recent versions of WB don't always pull in the right changes and I have to manually fix my Bashed patch.

I would just hate for you to go through the entire mod only for the ending to suck because it isn't working right. Having said that, I'm not sure the new version would work better if you're having LO issues.

I'm not sure when I'll get back to modding. I hope it's soon, but you know how it is... I would like to have some testers for the new version, so if you're game, I'll let you know as soon as I get it done.

Of course I use BOSS and a bashed patch. I'll check it out in Edit and see what's what. If I can get it working, I'd be happy to test it out for you.

Edit: Is there a way to skip past the DB questline and go straight to this? I want to check it out on my Test image, without all the other mods cluttering things up.

Edited by WalkerInShadows

All that it requires is that you speak to the NM after finishing the original quest line, so you might be able to just set the quest stage and any variables the original quest requires.

It's a little more than the quest stage, and I'm not sure what variables are required, sadly. On the bright side, I've done a few more of the DBC quests (retrieve the body, Zannadil manor), and I haven't run into any problems. It looks like that was just a minor hiccup.

Quick question about Zannadil's Manor side quest, I know the guards patrol outside, inside and in the basement. Now there is a guard standing right by the ladder. Is that like a bug or is that what the guard supposed to be?

If you mean the ladder at the back of the manor, yes, the guard will patrol near that area. The guard patrols from the raised platform at the front of the manor to the ladder at the back. He shouldn't just stand next to the ladder at the back, although he will linger there for a bit until he starts the patrol back to the front.

If you mean the ladder at the back of the manor, yes, the guard will patrol near that area. The guard patrols from the raised platform at the front of the manor to the ladder at the back. He shouldn't just stand next to the ladder at the back, although he will linger there for a bit until he starts the patrol back to the front.

No I mean the ladder in the basement.

That quest was tough:

It says that you lose the bonus if anyone detects you, so I thought it meant "if you kill anyone" like the Roderick quest. This is, in fact, not true - you can kill everyone, as long you remain undetected. Once I figured that out, it was easy - I just killed anyone who was in my way, then took care of Zannadil.

Haha, that's not what we intended. Although that's fine too. You must be really good at sneak. Good solution!

He shouldn't be just standing there. If he is, open the console, click on him (with the console open) and then type evp. There should be no interference with one of our own NPC's, so you should sort your load order with BOSS and rebuild your Bashed Patch.

Haha, that's not what we intended. Although that's fine too. You must be really good at sneak. Good solution!

He shouldn't be just standing there. If he is, open the console, click on him (with the console open) and then type evp. There should be no interference with one of our own NPC's, so you should sort your load order with BOSS and rebuild your Bashed Patch.

I've always sort my load order everytime I use BOSS and Rebuild it. However, he only stands there for a couple of seconds

High Sneak, high Marksman, and I use SDR. Combat Hide is kinda overpowered - if you attack from range with Expert Marksman, it's easy to knock them down, then kill them with a second shot.

Another question: I did the Hermit quest the other day...

and I couldn't figure out what he wanted. I found some potato salad, but it didn't do anything. I checked in the CS, and his dialogue has no checks for it - just for Reaction 70+, but it's really difficult to do that since he has no persuasion. What did I miss?

Yes, that's correct.

Did you go back and talk to him with the potato salad in your inventory? If so, could you do an SQV on the quest and post the results here? It would be best if you're running Conscribe so you can retrieve the full results from the Conscribe log. Thanks.

Well I can't figure out what the problem is if you don't post some debugging info for me! :P I think you'll continue to run into trouble though. And I am 99% sure the final quest won't work for you. It is really resource intensive.

When you run into the next snag, please grab the quest ID from the CS and then post the SQV info for it, ok? I'll also need your load order and list of OBSE plugins. Thanks.

Will do. I found a real bug this time!

* Door 007EED in cell DBCSkelliaMysticB1 needs to be raised a bit.

The Mystic's Lair was really fun, BTW. The riddles were difficult without being too hard.

I have TIE installed and this is the first time I played DBC with it. FCOM worked fine with

Infiltrate, Assassinate. With TIE, I killed the lord, put his body in a nearby crate and somehow got a bounty even though I didn't get the journal update that I forfeited the reward.

Now the quest is stuck at the "I'm at the manor" quest entry and I had to advance the quest using the console, because any other way and I always get caught for some reason. FCOM never had that problem, and I recall being able to finish the quest and get the bonus without cheating. But TIE is quite finicky with DBC for some reason.

Edited by Envy123

That's odd. Arthmoor played it with TIE and it was fine.

He had a problem lifting the body, so that's why I put some feather potions on the table, but he was able to finish the quest. It is hard to kill Zanidil in one shot, so you might get a bounty, but you should still be able to do the quest. Where did you kill Zanidil?