Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,484 posts

File Name: BOSS

File Submitter: Visceral Moonlight

File Submitted: 05 Jan 2016

File Category: Miscellaneous

Choose from the automated installer, or the manual install archive. The manual install requires 7-zip to extract the archive.

v2.3.2:

• Fixing a crash with the User List when a file doesn't exist on disk
  • Fixing the newlines in BOSS generated files
v2.3.1:
  • Fixing an issue with Unicode path names
  • The Plugin Submitter is operational again
  • Fixing a crash with the User List under certain conditions
  • Updated the translation files
  • Updated the installation script to support both 64-bit and 32-bit executables
  • BOSS now builds on *nix platforms
  • Removed some Boost library dependencies
  • The default for an addition to the user list is now "After" instead of "Before"
  • Code style changes
This is also the last release specifically for XP. Future releases may or may not work.

Click here to download this file

Schtearn

Schtearn

Mountain Hermit

• 1,037 posts

Good luck with that VM. 

Run mine through WB so don't get the error. It appears to do a date check on the local file before replacing it with the one on the "online repository"

I'm Borg! I'm Chairman of the Borg! -Iggy & the Assimilation Pops

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,484 posts
It looked like wrinkly added code to keep it from crashing if the remote site couldn't be reached around the time he moved BOSS to Git. I've been rather busy this week so I haven't yet had the chance to dig some more. From my looksie earlier, though, I've got a hunch that it can be done in just a few lines. :)

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,484 posts
Okay, I think I've got it but it's a tad inefficient and I may have introduced a memory leak. I need to figure out how to build the source on my system so I can test it. That may take some time as the build system is written for Windows but the source looks like it's multiplatform, so I need to check things. :)

mhahn123

mhahn123

Octopus Commander

• The Imperial Shipyards
    • Valenwood Islands Beta Tester
  • 103 posts

Off the top of my head can't think of anything. I'll post a query on the official BOSS thread and let you know what requests or suggestions pop in.

Vorians

Vorians

Fluffy Hypercubical Monitor Lizard

• Better Cities
    • Valenwood Islands
    • Black Marsh
  • 1,677 posts

Queue long list of new feature requests requiring six years of programming work.

Speaking of, I was annoyed when the facility to click a button and change the BOSS web page display from light to dark was stripped out. Instead you have to manually edit some weird text file filled with gibberish. That could be put back (what I'd call fixed).,

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,484 posts

Off the top of my head can't think of anything. I'll post a query on the official BOSS thread and let you know what requests or suggestions pop in.

Alright, thanks. :)

Speaking of, I was annoyed when the facility to click a button and change the BOSS web page display from light to dark was stripped out. Instead you have to manually edit some weird text file filled with gibberish. That could be put back (what I'd call fixed).

Do you happen to have a general idea of when it vanished? I'll see if I can find it in the commit logs and revert that part.

And I've got a couple ideas myself that I'll look at implementing. One such idea is adding a new master list directive to include other text files to help with maintenance but I'll need to see how involved coding that will be. :)

Vorians

Vorians

Fluffy Hypercubical Monitor Lizard

• Better Cities
    • Valenwood Islands
    • Black Marsh
  • 1,677 posts

No, but I requested in the Bethesda BOSS thread that it be restored when it happened, the request was rejected. They gave a reason but I don't remember what it was. I don't think there have been very many version releases, have there?

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,484 posts
Nope, not many version releases.

And I think I found the commit: https://github.com/b...8b139a263984a58

Not sure why that option was removed, I hated mucking with the INI file.

mhahn123

mhahn123

Octopus Commander

• The Imperial Shipyards
  • 103 posts

The last release version was 2.3.0. I remember reading your request to have that feature restored and if memory serves it happened with the 2.1 version update, which coincided with a number of other changes including how the master list was formatted.

Sigurd Stormhand

Sigurd Stormhand

Bean Bag Chair

• 793 posts

:rofl:

Around the time Wrinkly moved on to LOOT I predicted VM would end up recoding it.

also:

:banana:

This endeavor is Stormhand Approved.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,484 posts
:D

The last release version was 2.3.0. I remember reading your request to have that feature restored and if memory serves it happened with the 2.1 version update, which coincided with a number of other changes including how the master list was formatted.

Found the post: https://forums.beths...6#entry23503953

:)

I'm making progress on sorting out how to build it. This research is something I tried to do years ago but had trouble understanding the docs at the time. Looking at them again, I'm understanding them much better but there's a lot of reading material to go through.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,484 posts
After BOSS is installed, how many executables are there? From the code, it looks like one for the CLI executable and one for the GUI executable but I can't be sure.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 11,202 posts

Basically. There's BOSS GUI.exe, BOSS Installer.exe, BOSS.exe and Uninstall.exe.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,484 posts
Thanks. :)

Just some notes for myself that may also help someone else:

Installer.exe and Uninstall.exe would be generated from the installer script once it's run to compile the installer so I need to look at grabbing that package, then.

BOSS.exe is the CLI executable while BOSS GUI.exe is the GUI exectuable.

I think I can start writing the Makefile now. :)

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,484 posts
It looks like it's going to take me longer than I thought to put together the build-system. No worries, though, I am making progress. It's just taking me a while to go through everything. :)

mhahn123

mhahn123

Octopus Commander

• The Imperial Shipyards
  • 103 posts

No rush VM. I'm thrilled just knowing someone is fixing it.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,484 posts
We're moving in the right direction! No bouncing baby binary yet but we have gone into labor! It looks like I need to use some additional compiler options to get it to build properly, which I'm looking into now. :)

The build file is a complete hack at the moment. I decided to just make it build instead of making it pretty or elegant but I figured it'd be best to sort out how to build it first than to make the system nice. :P

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,484 posts
We have a bouncing baby binary!

Before we grab our cigars, can someone run it from the command-line to see if it even functions?

Attached File  bossTest.7z   1.79MB   1 downloads

I'm a bit nervous here as the build process was very wonky and I had to change some things in the code, as well.

Schtearn

Schtearn

Mountain Hermit

• 1,037 posts

We need libgit2.dll, where's that from? One site is offering a free download, but I'm not biting. :no:

Edited by lmstearn, 03 May 2015 - 04:14 AM.

I'm Borg! I'm Chairman of the Borg! -Iggy & the Assimilation Pops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users