• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Visceral Moonlight

[RELz] BOSS

What other games use the concept of load order? I'm thinking about setting things up so the executable is more of a shell with load order handling being delegated to plugins loaded at run-time (don't worry, I would transfer the existing functionality into plugins if I do this) to allow for extendability and I'm trying to determine how best to design such a thing.

Alright, here's the polished toolbar:

main_window_polished_toolbar_main_tab

main_window_polished_toolbar_user_list_tab

The user list options in the toolbar will remain disabled outside of its tab or should I simply hide those buttons outside of the tab? Either way, I think I'm ready to start writing the code. :)

Schtearn, what did you have in mind for a default color scheme? The default GTK theme (and its dark theme) aren't the best in my opinion so we may want to supply some minor tweaks (not too many as writing a GTK theme is a bit complicated :P).

The form backdrop? Everything else depends on that for themes. Honestly don't know: Current Grey theme default, Tan? Fallout, Coral for Oblivion, Dim Grey Nehrim perhaps.

I'm doing some research on my plugin idea and I have a question on creating DLLs. Is it still necessary to manually set up some stuff in the .drectve section of the object file or is that now automatically done? I suspect the latter but I want to make sure that the documentation I'm reading really is outdated. :)

Edited by Visceral Moonlight

I'm thinking about setting things up so the load order functions are in plugins, allowing different types of load order handling to be bolted onto BOSS as the need arises. As an example, Skyrim and Oblivion handle load order differently so they'd have two separate plugins. I haven't made a solid decision yet, I'm still kind of toying with the idea.

I'm going to pop in here from out in left field and ask if you are familiar with BOSS Userlist Manager?  It would be neat to have some of the handy and time saving features of that program integrated into BOSS.  Do you plan on giving any TLC to the Userlist handling?  If you don't then nevermind.  BUM exists, it would just have to be updated for a new version of BOSS.

TLC = Tender Loving Care

Give it some much needed attention. :D

Yeah, haha.  Thanks AndalayBay.

Well, the most time saving and useful part of BUM (for me, at least) is the Masterlist Browser -- the pane on the right side of the GUI.  It allows to quickly rip through the Masterlist when trying to place a user defined plugin.  That's really all you need for a good userlist manager.

I'm having trouble fitting it in the same window, will opening it in another window suffice?

On the same token, I'd really like to declutter the user list area. Does anyone have any ideas? It's quite cluttered but I haven't the slightest idea on how to streamline it.

I'm having trouble fitting it in the same window, will opening it in another window suffice?

Whatever is easiest for you.

For the Userlist, maybe take some inspiration from BUM.  It's straightforward, easy to learn, useful... I suppose you can tell I'm a fan of BUM.  :)

Can you get some screenshots? I've never actually used it before and I'm not sure it works on my operating system (but BOSS does! I've gone to great lengths to ensure it's operating system agnostic; it should even work on OSX but I don't have a Macintosh I can use to compile BOSS to check).

Edited by Visceral Moonlight