• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Visceral Moonlight

[RELz] BOSS

Posted (edited)

That generally means the file has been corrupted, they'll need to delete it so it can be regenerated by the tool they use to install their mods.

Why couldn't you take the existing masterlist and port it over?

It could be but there's not many people interested in doing it. I can't as I am not familiar with mods all that much (or games, I just like figuring out how they work), I'm just a programmer. :shrug: Edited by Visceral Moonlight

Hi VM. I was under the impression that mhahn123 was the last maintainer of BOSS (unless you are he)? I'm happy to help out in any way I can, with what little skills I have. If you have something you'd like me to help out with, just let me know! Also, I was curious if clicking on the link to report information about an unrecognized plugin in BOSS is still useful. I've been downloading, cleaning, & testing a lot of OB mods lately, and have filled out a bunch of these reports. I'm not pushing to get anything updated within any sort of time-frame, as I know a project like this is quite an undertaking, but rather if there's any point in submitting them?

Thanks!!

RavenMind

Posted (edited)

Yep, the report link is still useful. I fixed that functionality last year so it now works without manual intervention. :)

Like Andalay said, mhahn handles the master list while I handle the code. I don't have much testing that needs to be done just yet but would you be interested in helping out with the code or UI? I'm just one person and I've got a lot going on right now so my progress has been a bit slower than I would like.

Edited by Visceral Moonlight

Sure! I'm by no means a programmer, but I'll help out wherever I can. I'll PM you my e-mail so you can send me whatever you'd like.

A solid 6 weeks with not so much as one word regarding a progress update...

I'm guessing VM is taking a break, or is distracted by other things.

Okay, I'm getting close to being ready to get back to things. I still have some packages to install from openSUSE's "experimental" repositories (they call them that since you need to enable them manually while still being official (MinGW is in them along with a few other packages I need)) and I'm still working on fixing up my home but I think I'm getting close to being able to juggle both. I need to sit down and do a bit of an assessment. :)