• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
scythiss

Oblivion xp unresponsive menu

Hey guys, I was told to post my troubles here.  So when I install oblivion xp the hud menu is un responsive when I go to level up the attributes and doesn't let me use all my skill points.  This is even when I run only this mod and the requirements I still get the same result.  I'm 100% it's me doing something wrong but I just can't catch what it is even after reading the installation instructions and read me several times.  Thanks for the help.

versions of menu que and oblivion xp i'm using

oblivionxp 4.3.2

menuque 16b(also tried 16a with the same result)

mods and load order

00  Oblivion.esm
01  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
02  OblivionReloaded.esp
03  DLCHorseArmor.esp
04  DLCOrrery.esp
05  DLCVileLair.esp
06  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
07  DLCSpellTomes.esp
08  DLCThievesDen.esp
09  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
0A  DLCFrostcrag.esp
0B  Knights.esp
0C  Oblivion XP.esp

Bain package list

Bain Packages:

++ 000 - Oblivion Intact (09623C16) (Installed)
++ 001 - Knights -Cleaned (6C88EDB3) (Installed)
++ 002 - Frostcrag -Cleaned (5AEE2921) (Installed)
++ 003 - Spelltomes -Cleaned (02FA9682) (Installed)
++ 004 - VileLair -Cleaned (1D2570A8) (Installed)
++ 005 - ThievesDen -Cleaned (05DB8CCC) (Installed)
++ 006 - HorseArmor -Cleaned (BD0084C5) (Installed)
++ 007 - BattlehornCastle -Cleaned (E449E3FA) (Installed)
++ 008 - Orrery -Cleaned (351A3894) (Installed)
++ 009 - MehrunesRazor -Cleaned (98F295F5) (Installed)
010 - ==OBSE MODS==
++ 011 - NifSE v1_1 Release-21292 (44A74EBB) (Installed)
++ 012 - OBSE -Elys- Universal Silent Voice v93-16622 (4249925D) (Installed)
++ 013 - Blockhead 10.3-43752-10-3 (2C8539FD) (Installed)
++ 014 - OSR_4-1-37-23208-4-1-37 (F0A8B75E) (Installed)
++ 015 - ConScribe 100-26510-10-0 (42845B59) (Installed)
++ 016 - MenuQue v16b-32200-v16b (BAAF4C98) (Installed)
017 - ==SHADERS==
++ 018 - Oblivion Reloaded-45749-3-1-2 (B7CC1F37) (Installed)
019 - ==Last==
++ 020 - Oblivion XP-35333-4-3-2 (F95C2315) (Installed)

Edited by scythiss

So when you install Ob XP you're picking vanilla as the UI, correct? Are you having these problems with a brand new character? There is an issue where the first time you level up, you may not be able to spend all the points, but once you gain the second level, it works fine.

So when you install Ob XP you're picking vanilla as the UI, correct? Are you having these problems with a brand new character? There is an issue where the first time you level up, you may not be able to spend all the points, but once you gain the second level, it works fine.

Yes I tried with vanilla menu and with darnified(of course I had darnified installed when i tried the darnified version lol) ui both seem to have the same problem.  Also tried on an existing character as well as a new one and same results.  I have to be doing something wrong, but I just can't figure out what it is.

Edited by scythiss

Could you grab a screenshot of the level-up menu? Also, you know that there are three separate panels for the skills, right? The first panel is for combat skills, the second is magic and the third is stealth. You can only increase each skill or attribute a maximum of 5 points for each level. You can configure that in the Oblivion XP ini file.

yeah I played around with it a lot.  The menu shows up it just doesn't let me highlight anything under the attribute sections and I can click on the arrows to level them up.  I'll record a video and upload it to youtube.

Here is the video.  I don't know how to embed.  The video shows the bottom half being responsive where the skills are, but the top half where the attributes are un responsive and I can't even highlight over them.

Edited by scythiss

Ok, that's the bug I mentioned where it doesn't work properly on the first level. When the screen pops up at the very beginning, just hit Done. Once you've gotten the message about initializing Oblivion XP, then see if the level-up screen works properly.

Is this character a custom race?

Ok, that's the bug I mentioned where it doesn't work properly on the first level. When the screen pops up at the very beginning, just hit Done. Once you've gotten the message about initializing Oblivion XP, then see if the level-up screen works properly.

Is this character a custom race?

Oh it's the same after it makes me level up again.  It's the same on level 1, 2 ,3 and so on.  I tested it all the way to lvl 15 because I thought maybe attributes lvl up every other level or so and that's why it could be not working but sadly it's the same.  Also the character is an imperial.  Sadly I can't find any good custom races for oblivion.

Ok. I'm really sick right now, but once I'm on my feet again, I'll see if Kyoma is still around. I really don't know what's going on. I will also look into enabling the debugging so we can get more info.

I might be off for another week. Sorry I couldn't help, but if you're game to come back in a week, we'll see what we can track down.

No worries I do appreciate you taking your time to help me, and please get some rest so you can feel better.  You don't need to dabble in things that will give you a headache when you're sick.  I hope you feel better soon.

Ok. I'm really sick right now, but once I'm on my feet again, I'll see if Kyoma is still around. I really don't know what's going on. I will also look into enabling the debugging so we can get more info.

I might be off for another week. Sorry I couldn't help, but if you're game to come back in a week, we'll see what we can track down.

Also how do I enable debugging? does this work for all mods or just ob xp?

You just flip the debugging flag in the Ob XP ini. However I need to go through and add the debugging code. I usually disable it or remove it altogether when I do a release. I would do a special build and upload it here so you can grab it. This only applies to Ob XP.

I'm still sick, so I haven't been able to look at this yet.

You just flip the debugging flag in the Ob XP ini. However I need to go through and add the debugging code. I usually disable it or remove it altogether when I do a release. I would do a special build and upload it here so you can grab it. This only applies to Ob XP.

I'm still sick, so I haven't been able to look at this yet.

No worries.  Honestly it will prob take me month or maybe more to get a stable load for oblivion, and ob xp is quite down the list in my gameplay section, no idea how people just slap a stable load in only a few days lol.  I hope you get better.

Hi, I also have the exact same problem and I've made sure to install everything as per the instructions. I've also done everything you suggested to scythiss on the nexus thread. The only mods I have in commen with schythiss are Blockhead, NIFSE, OSR, Menuque, Oblivion Reloaded. Every mod is up to date.

Didn't help either. I also tried uninstalling all my UI mods including Oblivion Reloaded and Darn's UI. I tried deleting my ini and removing blockhead and OCO2 with the same result. Pretty weird... Is there a console command to add xp? Haven't tried with a new character and Oblivion XP from the start.

Edit: I buckled and uninstalled every single mod from Wrye Bash (not a clean install). Didn't work either. Only mods still installed were enboost and OBSE.

Edited by Tigegrdyret

I really have no idea. *sigh*

One thing to note as you uninstall and reinstall mods: you will need to clean-save your mods out of your saved game.

When you uninstall:

- uninstall the mod completely

- If you aren't using Wrye Bash, reinstall any mod with files in common. For example, if you uninstall Oblivion XP, you will have to reinstall your UI to restore the files that Oblivion XP overwrote.

- load up your game. Continue when prompted about missing content.

- save your game in a new slot.

- exit and load the new save.

Now the mod will be completely removed from your game. I'll try contacting Kyoma and see what he suggests, if he's around.

EDIT: What resolution are you guys running? I forgot that there is an issue with users running 4K resolution.

Edited by AndalayBay

Lol! That's it :D
I have shreddet my Oblivion folder, reset my ini, tried all possible mod constallations and versions, load order setups and bash patches. And of cause it is a simple resolution issue ;)
Well, I'm glad you were able to help because this mod is great and it is so well made.

Thanks, I'll make a small donation on the Nexus.

Ps. This is the only mod that I've had any issues with in 4k. You might want to include that in the documentation as 4k is getting pretty common.

Good!! I have spoken to Kyoma about the 4K issue and he had some ideas on how to fix it, but he keeps getting pulled away by that horrible real life. :P I'll add a note about it in the FAQ on Nexus.

Thanks for the donation. All are really appreciated.

Here's something that may help those with 4k screens until the problem gets solved for real.

I got the levelup menu working on my 2560x1600 screen by adjusting the following values in Oblivion/Data/menus/prefabs/obxp/levelup_config.xml:

<_attr_column_width>: 250 (from 310) and
<_attr_label_spacing>: 80 (from 130).

This makes both attribute columns fit inside the area that seems to be defined to hold active buttons. (I couldn't find where that 'active' area was defined.)

EDIT:

Forgot to mention: I am using DarNified UI.

Edited by Styscraper

Thank you for that. That gives me something to start with. I don't have a 4K monitor (yet). The problem we're going to have is that those values probably won't work with lower resolutions, so we need a more fluid way of doing the layout.