• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
TheDarkListener34

Skyrim - Infinite Loading Screens

Hey, guys, it's been awhile since my last topic. But this time it's not crashes, or freezing or whatever it is. I've been having some trouble with these number of Infinite loading screen on specific locations, but I have been getting them at High Hrothgar. I've been in through a number of forums and just a few mods like SSME, Memory Block logs. I've tried SSME and nothing. I am not sure on what to do. I even tried on the heavy script mods uncheck them to see if that's it, but nothing.

I am getting a little tired of these stupid Infinite screens. I've waited about ten minutes or more and mostly all I get is the same infinite loading screen. Then I have to use Control + Alt + Delete and end the task and see what the problem is and I can't solve it.

So please I need a few people's assistance on this to solve it. What I did was watch Gopher's video and instructed on what he said and nothing. But I am not sure about the Scripts on the SKSE though. I've only use the installer link and installed it on my game.

Edited by TheDarkListener34

For scripts, you can't simply uncheck them. You need to fully uninstall them and start a new game. Loose scripts in the data directory are always active and script data itself is stored in the save. Also, you may want to try deleting the INI file and letting the game regenerate it. That's been known to cure various bugs even on a stock INI, it's weird.

Unfortunately, Skyrim requires Steam, so if you have Steam in Program Files, you will have to move it. Here is a guide on how to move your Steam folder without uninstalling everything.

No, you don't need to move Steam out of the C:\Program Files(x86) folder and I know you can install Skyrim where you want it since I've done that myself.

@OP:  I don't recall how to fix this infinite loading screen issue, but I think you need to reinstall Skyrim.  Btw... Have you tried to regenerate Skyrim.ini via the Skyrim launcher (use the Skyrim launcher without loading SKSE) by deleting the current Skyrim.ini?

You don't need to move Steam, but if it is installed in the Program Files folder then you should create a new game directory either in e.g. C:\Games or on another hard drive/partition and relocate all games to that location.

Install Safety Load, an SKSE plugin specifically made to try to resolve infiinite load screen looping. It also attempts to fix freezes during play, which can optionally be disabled from the plugin's INI (I did as it conflicted with some other crash-fixing plugins).

I regularly suffered from infinite screen load before using this plugin, but haven't experienced the issue once since installing it (about 60 hours of gameplay ago).

If not already done so, edit the SKSE's own INI (Data\SKSE\skse.ini) and add the following:

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

This will attempt to remove scripts from mods which are no longer installed but are still running in your gamesave.

Eh...Nope didn't work.

If I try to reinstall Skyrim, it will probably be the same results. I know it's memory. I'm using a program called, Memory Block Log

Try these in your SKSE.ini:

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=1 <- this will attempt to write a crash log.

Yes, I did. Didn't work. However, I didn't have a SKSE.ini, so I had to make one.

So, I'm gonna have to delete all my saves again and start a new game again?

Have you tried to reinstall SKSE and make sure you use the latest SKSE?

Yes, I did. Didn't work. However, I didn't have a SKSE.ini, so I had to make one.

So, I'm gonna have to delete all my saves again and start a new game again?

Have you tried to reinstall SKSE and make sure you use the latest SKSE?

I do have the latest SKSE.

It might be a SKSE plugin that's looping. How many dlls to you have in the plugins folder. There aren't any old versions of ENBs and the like in the Skyrim root folder? Try the Skyrim Performance Monitor to see where the memory is going.

I got ten dlls in the SKSE Plugin folder.

post-2743-0-06806400-1456051049_thumb.png

The graph looks fine for a 1 gb card. If using ENBoost, how does your enblocal compare to mine? (also 1 gb)

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=FALSE
InitProxyFunctions=fALSE
ProxyLibrary=

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=128
VideoMemorySizeMb=7168
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false
Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=true
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=false
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=false
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true

What are the SKSE dlls ? (screenshot of folder would be nice)

Edited by lmstearn

HDT physics may have an incompatibility issue with Familiar Faces
All the old inis of Racemenu were deleted on install? RaceMenu not completely compatible with Enhanced Character Edit.

You could try just renaming or moving this folder to somewhere else to see if the ILS stops.

If the ILS is location specific, then it may be a texture VRAM problem. ENBoost might help it. Good luck.:)

HDT physics may have an incompatibility issue with Familiar Faces

All the old inis of Racemenu were deleted on install? RaceMenu not completely compatible with Enhanced Character Edit.

You could try just renaming or moving this folder to somewhere else to see if the ILS stops.

If the ILS is location specific, then it may be a texture VRAM problem. ENBoost might help it. Good luck. :)

That's why I disabled Enhanced Character Edit. I deleted Familiar Faces. Racemenu is still installed onto Skyrim.

I am not sure if ENBoost will help, but I'll try. I was trying to use ENBoost for Fallout 3, I expect it didn't work. I did use ENBoost in the past. However, it cause my games to lag and stutter a lot, so unfortunately, I had to remove the ENBoost. That was mostly I had a lower Video card.

EDIT: The ENBoost isn't working. I know it's memory.

These are the Memory Blocks

post-2743-0-05178200-1456177157_thumb.png post-2743-0-63797000-1456177164_thumb.png

All I can think of right now is deleting all of my saves and starting all over again.

It's been doing the infinite loading screens quite a few times. Sometimes no infinite loading screens, sometimes there is.

Unfortunately, Skyrim requires Steam, so if you have Steam in Program Files, you will have to move it. Here is a guide on how to move your Steam folder without uninstalling everything.

No, you don't need to move Steam out of the C:\Program Files(x86) folder and I know you can install Skyrim where you want it since I've done that myself.

@OP:  I don't recall how to fix this infinite loading screen issue, but I think you need to reinstall Skyrim.  Btw... Have you tried to regenerate Skyrim.ini via the Skyrim launcher (use the Skyrim launcher without loading SKSE) by deleting the current Skyrim.ini?

I dunno. That fixed this problem for me.

You could try cleaning the save with Hadorams save cleaner. If using Wrye Bash try the "Clean Data" option in Installers.

I've tried the Script Save Cleaner and it didn't work.

If I tried the Clean Data option in Wrye Bash it will move all the files into Wrye Bash's mod files