• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

Trump - Seriously?

Ama is being sarcastic

To the surprise of absolutely no one on the forum.  :P

Edit:  What the hell is a DailyKos?

Edited by Amadaun

I have mixed feelings on unions.  On one hand, workers rights are incredibly important and they so often get trampled by the corporation as a while.  You look at places like Walmart and all the crap that happens without a union...

On the other hand, I've belonged to a union precisely once, as a dumb 18-year-old, who went ahead and signed the paper without even being told about things like the dues or benefits.  And when I ended up losing all the skin off my hands from a violent reaction to the cleaners we used, the union said: "Um...you're only a part-time employee.  I mean, sure, we'll take $200 out of your checks for dues, but we can't do anything in terms of workers comp or even doctors bills for you."

(Yeah, ended up just quitting because 1 - it hurt like hell, and 2 - People get really squeamish about being served food by a mummy.  Luckily, I was still young enough to be on my parents' health insurance.  WHICH IS A WHOLE OTHER RANT.  :P)

Donald Drumpf indeed. John Oliver says it all. I thought Trump had several bankrupcies, but I wasn't sure.

To be honest, if it comes down to him or Sanders, I don't know what I'll do.  Here I thought that my first time to vote would actual be enjoyable, but it seems like asshats rule the damn system.

Edited by NobleShadowHunter

It's actually kind of nice to have such radically different democratic candidates in this race, because usually they almost seem like cookie-cutter versions of the party line.  I can actually tell the difference between their politics!

Our last election was a no-brainer. The guy I voted for won by a huge majority. I'm glad I'm not in the States.

The campaign has just become so childish. I feel like I'm back in public school when I listen to them. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Donald Drumpf indeed. John Oliver says it all. I thought Trump had several bankrupcies, but I wasn't sure.

To be honest, if it comes down to him or Sanders, I don't know what I'll do.  Here I thought that my first time to vote would actual be enjoyable, but it seems like asshats rule the damn system.
This reminds me of some quotes:

It was for the sake of this day that he had first decided to run for the Presidency, a decision which had sent waves of astonishment throughout the Imperial Galaxy — Zaphod Beeblebrox? President? Not the Zaphod Beeblebrox? Not the President? Many had seen it as a clinching proof that the whole of known creation had finally gone bananas.

And

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Bear with me on this one, it may sound strange and a bit crazy. I've always had some weird ideas about how the Universe operates with space-time, as some of you know.

One thing I should mention is that I am a supporter of the multiple worlds interpretation.

I think what's going on is the Universe changing certain things.

We've recently made a ton of discoveries, and even planning to test various theories such as the simulation one and we've made a lot of progress on quantum mechanics. Now, since then, a lot of weird things have started happening. Things like Trump choosing to run and actually winning. That's one example but there are others.

Certain things are happening that seem out of line with how they should be going. I think there's a possibility of space-time itself being disturbed for some reason. Granted, previous events don't seem to have been altered but we may not notice if they are.

Am I nuts? Quite possibly.

We've just had a discussion thread meet the Twilight Zone. :rofl:

Hey, it's no more far-fetched than all the extra trouble that happens when it's a full moon. Cops and fire departments are always busier when it's a full moon.

Yeah, Trump seems to be encouraging the violence.

As Trevor Noah said tonight, "I hope there are two Trumps then he can go fuck himself." :D

As Trevor Noah said tonight, "I hope there are two Trumps then he can go fuck himself." :D

No. That would be the libs who are actively engaged in a campaign to suppress his right to speak. They can't tolerate what he's saying so they'll just mob him and prevent him from saying it. That's NOT how this shit's supposed to work.

He said that he wanted to punch one of the demonstrators! That's inappropriate. The only thing I've gotten from his platform is how much he hates immigrants and women.

I get that people want to see how a businessman would do in government. The mayor of Toronto is a businessman and he's great. However he would never encourage hate and violence. Standing up and showing that you can't be pushed around is fine, but Trump has crossed the line.

The really funny part is that many Republicans say that Trump isn't really a conservative. Even Trump himself considers himself a Democrat. He won't admit that now, but he has said that in the past. As Ama posted above, it's easy to get Trump to debate Trump because he changes his tune every minute.

No. That would be the libs who are actively engaged in a campaign to suppress his right to speak. They can't tolerate what he's saying so they'll just mob him and prevent him from saying it. That's NOT how this shit's supposed to work.

Good heavens.  If this is Trump censored, the mind simply boggles.

Actually, I'm curious.  How are we liberals suppressing his right to speak?  How is he being mobbed?

(Protip: Making fun of his words or protesting them isn't attacking his free speech.  Protip #2: Quoting his actual words isn't suppressing him, either.)

And yes, it's really hard to tolerate words of violence/racism/homophobia/sexism/rape/incest. 

Alternatively: Trump is exercising his right to free expression. Protesters are exercising their right to peaceful protest. Both are getting carried away with this right and shifting the blame to the other. It's clear beyond the shadow of a doubt that there are utterly ridiculous people pitted against each other on both sides of this debacle.

Which would be fine, except the protesters have not been peaceful and attempting to shout down someone who is giving a political speech is the very definition of suppression. This isn't what a free country like the US is supposed to be about. I'm perfectly OK with the idea that people disagree with what Trump is saying. He's not my first choice in candidates either. Turning a rally into a boxing match (the one he canceled due to security concerns) and trying to rush the stage (the one where the Secret Service had to intervene) is not acceptable and does not fit the definition of a peaceful protest. Go do that outside if you must, but you do not have the right to make Trump shut up either.

The more this happens, the more support he's going to end up getting as it just riles up the Republican base that much more.

And yes, it's really hard to tolerate words of violence/racism/homophobia/sexism/rape/incest.

Call me when Trump is actually guilty of this lie.

Trump hasn't helped by saying things like "I could shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters." or offering to pay the legal fees of any supported that gets arrested for assaulting a protester. The Huffington Post has many more examples. Those comments are very close to inciting violence. And one of Trump's supporters sucker punched a protester who was being lead away in handcuffs.

It's a pity there isn't an alternative for the Republicans.

*calls Arthmoor*

Inciting violence?  He's outright calling for it.

"I love the old days, you know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They'd be carried out in a stretcher, folks. Oh, it's true."

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously. Okay? Just knock the hell -- I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees."  (I yearn for the days of George W Bush dodging thrown shoes like a goddamn ninja and his only response was a shit-eating grin before the guy was dogpiled by the Secret Service.  Say what you want about the man, but he never called for violence against the people protesting him)

And, of course, there's the Trump supporters who beat up a homeless man with a metal pipe after peeing on him.  But it's okay, because they're just "passionate" and "They love this country, they want this country to be great again."

Back in August, when that happened, Trump said he doesn't promote violence.  Now that he knows that his supporters prefer it if he does, he's offering to pay their legal fees.

https://www.facebook.com/KnowPolitical/videos/1136407236393967/?fref=nf

Remember:  "THESE ARE NOT PEOPLE!"

Racism?

Calling illegal immigrants rapists.  Going after Obama's birth certificate (and for some reason, not insisting on seeing Ted Cruz's or Bernie Sanders').  Wanting to put all Muslims in a database and make them carry cards noting their religion.  Retweeting completely false statistics that most killings of white people are done by black people.  Oh, and doubling down on mocking Serge Kovaleski after said journalist called out his lie about New Jersey Muslims cheering the fall of the towers.  (Because why not mix some ableism in there!  Two horrific tastes that...usually go together in one terrifyingly bigoted package.)

He actually manages to be super-racist when claiming he's not.  "Randal Pinkett won on The Apprentice a little while ago, a couple years ago, and Randal's been outstanding in every way. So I am the least racist person."  A black man won on his reality show, therefore...not racist?  At least he didn't call him one of "the blacks" this time...

*headdesk*

Homophobia?

"It’s like in golf.  A lot of people — I don’t want this to sound trivial — but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive.  It’s weird. You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can’t sink three-footers anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.”

(Points for the absolute strangest way of saying "I hate gay people" ever?  I guess?  This metaphor is all kinds of strange.)

Sexism?

Okay, in this case, there are literally SO MANY examples that I'm just going to have to link the latest Anti-Trump ad.

And they don't even mention his tweet about Hillary:  "If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America!"

Or the time a journalist criticized him and he mailed her copy of her column, with her face circled and the words "Face of a dog!" written over it.

Or when he insisted that "all of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected."

Or the time he completely freaked out and screamed about a lawyer being "disgusting" because she asked for a break to pump milk and dared to pull out her pump.  (Though she did get her break...because Trump fled from the room after screaming at her.)

Rape Apologia?

"26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?" 

You know, Donald...last I checked, billions of people manage to go about their day, interacting with people of other sexes and genders, and somehow rape never happens.  Though I am now terrified on behalf of anyone working for you.  Especially the ladies on the Apprentice.  *shudder*

Incest?

CaDwN5zWQAE-qvW.jpg

"It would be really disappointing — not really — but it would depend on what’s inside the magazine. I don’t think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her."

"Yeah, [ivanka’s] really something and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married, and ya know, her father…"

"Donald, [what's the favorite thing you have in common with your daughter?]"  "Well, I was going to say sex, but..."

Okay, that's the list I gave.  I filled it out.  No lies here.  Looooots of creepiness, though.  Please try again.

Edited by Amadaun
  • Like 1

It's a pity there isn't an alternative for the Republicans.

Well, I think a broken convention is an alternative.

@Aaa: I think about all you can take away from any of the nonsense you repeated (and it's nonsense to be sure) is that Trump is trying to be humorous when it doesn't really work. Much like a certain ex-Secretary of State nobody ever calls out for the stupid shit she says.

Combine that with the fact that he's literally doing the same thing liberals have been doing for decades and all these people calling him out for it just look like the biggest hypocrites of all time.

As for the specific thing about Ted Cruz, he did openly insist on seeing Cruz's birth certificate. He's repeatedly mentioned the guy may not be qualified to run. Being born in Canada will do that if one's parents aren't citizens (note: his mother was, so legally he is too). He had no reason to examine Sanders' certificate because Sanders was born in Brooklyn.

Only if you believe the lies the liberal media spreads, but ok. This is precisely why I don't engage it. It's pointless, because people believe it even if it's not actually true. Which is why I responded to the only issue of fact that was presented.