• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
AndalayBay

Trump - Seriously?

Well I've seen some on the street interviews done by some of the networks and some of the reporters asked if the people out protesting and rioting voted, not a single one said yes. Just that they "supported" Clinton. Support doesn't win elections. Votes do :P

Yep, in the theater of politics it's all down to personality I guess.

Never agreed with any of Thatcher's policies but she sure had personality. Our own J. Gillard was better. Hillary Clinton never came across like that.

if Obama could run for another term do you think the result would have been any different?

Or would it have mattered in any case?

Edited by Schtearn

I have to admit I had a big grin when I watched the news tonight. After Trump promised that he would scrap Obamacare, completely I might add, he now says that it's "not bad" and says that he will keep "some parts of it". He's already announced that children will be able to use their parents' coverage until they are 26 years old. :lmao: I think this is a wise decision on his part, but if you're keeping a tally of his election promises... I really don't think he was elected for his promises anyway; he was elected in a protest vote.

@Schtearn, I really don't know. As I said, Americans wanted change and voted for Trump as a protest vote. However the minorities didn't vote. If the minority vote could swing things, then yes Obama would be back again. If not, then it would still be Trump. When I say "minorities", I don't just mean race. I include others that Trump offended. So if those make up a large portion of the disenfranchised that didn't vote, then Obama would have won.

@Schtearn, I really don't know. As I said, Americans wanted change and voted for Trump as a protest vote. However the minorities didn't vote. If the minority vote could swing things, then yes Obama would be back again. If not, then it would still be Trump. When I say "minorities", I don't just mean race. I include others that Trump offended. So if those make up a large portion of the disenfranchised that didn't vote, then Obama would have won.

Now that would actually be against the Constitution.  22nd amendment, I believe.  Only two terms allowed, no matter how good he looks right now. :lmao:

Truth is truth. Obama did these things. It's public record. Failure to acknowledge that is not my responsibility to correct.

What things?  You still haven't said what he or Hillary actually DID that was against the constitution. 

So I guess the answer is for a bunch of left wing radicals to go out and burn down businesses, destroy cars, and block traffic? For people that likely had nothing to do with any of this? That seems sane. Not.

Erm...I've seen that a small group of protesters smashed windows in Portland.  Where were the burnt down buildings and destroyed cars?

And finally, I don't think anyone's concerned about Trump's political mudslinging and insults.  It's his mudslinging and insults directed at regular people for their race, religion, gender, and disabilities.  The big problem with that is not whether or not he believes it (probably) or whether or not Trump supporters believe it (very unlikely).  The problem is that because he said those things, he was supported by the people who actually believe those things (and worse), and now they think that at least half the country agrees with them on the actual Nazi/rape stuff.

So until Trump takes office and hilariously implodes when he realizes that people can tell him NO for the first time in his life, a lot of these assholes think that they can get away with harassment and assault because TRUMP.

CxAVVhdUUAAke4h.jpg large.jpg

Cw_V5YMXcAAyliH.jpg

There is a serious issue when the president-elect's name is used as a synonym for rape...by his supporters.

You know what's a serious issue?

Your parties, and their unethically contributing partisan media, forgoing their ideals and reducing their purpose to making sure the other party doesn't get an inch of their way. The worst aspects of the bipartisan system, with all of the tribalism and none of the checks and balances of democracy, being exported to the profession and industry of journalism. Spin taking priority over information on a level that Picus TV would be awed by. The selection of anecdotes and creation of context mattering more than any amount or depths of facts as long as they can be used to blot out anything that'd significantly impair the politicians they either donate to or receive funding/privileges from.

The endless selective censorship meant to paint the other side as the devil and all of their supporters as acceptable targets for every insult, mistreatment and accusation? That does worse than divide the population and kill discourse. If you insistently associate a candidate with every evil under the sun (Corporate greed, bigotry)  before evidence is more than anecdotal, their rise to power will inevitably embolden those you attached them to. After all, the media just told everyone that X candidate is the candidate of the extremists of Y side. Wall Street eagerly taking in paid Clinton speeches, idiocy in the name of Trump... Of course, the former turned out to be part of a long and convoluted career of corruption, but did get quite a boost from coverage.

And as long as gerrymandering and a lack of congressional term limits allow people to shape districts, vote for their own salaries and have as much time as they need to secure a hefty corporate retirement by putting corporate agendas/insiders above the needs of the people? This isn't going to stop getting worse. Pardon the long winded rant about it, but this is something that's actually breaking apart a profession I once found noble — And doing it worldwide.

See, USA media conglomerates are buying media companies in the rest of the continent. And journalism education has always been modeled after their procedure. Your media culture then gets exported to foreign media and universities. Argentina is actually a prime example: Guilt tripping for both political wings — By USA standards no less — had already been imported to this country and blended with a Bolivarian type cult of personality by a former president whose administration was built entirely on sacking the country while trying to censor or ruin the career of anyone who panted her as anything but a great leader. It was only too easy for the divisive culture to fester completely and catch up to yours.

There are few journalists left who will actually analyze a political situation from multiple perspectives and seek to inform rather than help a given politician. The rest? They do what yours do. Their spin is meant to divide the population so that people talk at each other, not with each other. Often talking past each other and into an echo chamber, because those who prefer a candidate you don't are clearly enemies best represented by their worst examples, whereas your "side" of the engineered conflict is best represented by your idols. They succeeded at creating that culture here. We're largely to blame too, mind, we're a very divisive country. The central region's cultures have always taken to any controversy very aggressively. We made it easy for media to rip us apart. But the United States? Look at you. You're the land of the free and the home of the brave. You're better than this. How did they turn you against each other so badly?

A depressing time. I've just about got over the initial nausea, but still finding it hard to concentrate on anything in the face of this enormity. But at least we have one small consolation here in the UK...

BRITAIN: Brexit is the stupidest, most self-destructive act a country could undertake.

USA: Hold my beer.

...and we have a whole slew of elections coming up in Europe next year. The French presidential one in April/May will be a tense affair. Two-round system, which means crypto-fascist Marine Le Pen should have little chance, but after this, who knows? Had hoped not to have to live through a rerun of the 1930s, this is supposed to be the goddam 21st century after all...

Edited by tegeusCromis

@Amadaun: When you can cite something more than unverifiable posts by SJWs on social media, I might be more inclined to respond to you on this. Right now I really cannot be bothered if that's all you're going to keep bringing to the table.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/education/index.ssf/2016/11/students_yelling_cotton_picker_heiling_hitler_at_this_local_school.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20161110_Webhead__Racist_and_pro-Trump_graffiti_appears_in_South_Philly_following_election.html

http://www.khou.com/news/racist-graffiti-greets-trump-win-across-usa/350880184

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election/racist-episodes-pile-day-1-trump-america-tweet-feed-article-1.2868049

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/10/racist-graffiti-greets-trump-win-across-usa/93584210/

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-updates-trail-guide-kkk-trump-north-carolina-1478822255-htmlstory.html

Note to self, apparently I can only post six links before the forum gives up.

Verified enough for you?

Well, maybe it's not so bad.  Free speech is still important, so let's look at an interview with Omarosa, Trump's current Director of African-American Outreach and possible Cabinet pick (I am literally not joking about that part) has to say about that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSvzTTBALg

Huh.  For the first time, I'm actually kind of worried for the Republican politicians who called him out

P.S.  Still waiting on the list of all those Constitutional amendments that were totally broken!  Was it the 18th?  It was the 18th, wasn't it?  I have photo proof!

more-beer-for-hillary.jpg   obama-beer-1.jpg

Edited by Amadaun

Ugh, The Second Civil War is about to happen. This is getting ridiculous. I hate wars and death. That's mostly all I hear about on the news every day. Can't we have something new for a change? Now the other side, the leftist want to assassinate Trump......which leads to civil war.  (mostly there are only plays and I forgot her name that was on the news but uh she had Trump's head as a "comedy" act. 

As my personal view and opinion, President Trump is trying to everything he can for America. For our country and Obama screwed everything up....negotiating the wrong group of people. Really? Trading our weapons to terrorists......Not good...oy 

Like I said it's getting ridiculous 

In my opinion, I want "change" a long time ago. And now we finally got it. 
No offense to anyone 

That's what I'm saying. He's doing good things to The U.S. I don't understand why "my" generation is being stupid and acting like babies. Now I heard on the news that college students want a space room and hot cocoa and watch kids shows.

It's like I've been seeing the same shit over and over about them.

I'm getting all of my news from Fox News. Not these fake news like CNN and MSM and all the other news networks.

I wouldn't call wanting to round up "undesirables" doing good things. That just fosters feelings of resentment which often come back to haunt people down the road, like how we treated Japanese Americans during WWII and Native Americans in the 1800s. Also, Fox News has, historically, been notorious for misreporting facts. I don't trust the media in general, I get my news from multiple sources and combine them.