• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Visceral Moonlight

The Broken US Congress

On 12/13/2017 at 1:27 AM, tegeusCromis said:

It's a pretty low hurdle to clear, but small mercies and all that, eh?

For Alabama, it's not low at all. They're kind of.. special there. As in Special Ed.

6 hours ago, tegeusCromis said:

(OK, my language is moderated, even about US stuff, because of our dreadful UK libel laws. Kind of a reflex.)

Is that why you guys are always so damned polite? lol

8 hours ago, RavenMind said:

Is that why you guys are always so damned polite? lol

Only when writing, old chap. Speech would be slander, not libel and you're usually on a loser with one of those cases ('he said, she said' evidence is not the best start). So we do say what we will about people, just not to their faces. ;)

(No. Actually, it's more about me. I worked in media production for a while, so I find it hard not to edit copy so it doesn't attract legal attention. Pointless, in the case of Roy Moore, but I find it hard not to.)

Re: Alabama. I think I read it was the second poorest state after Mississippi (it's so hard to misspell that). It ain't just poverty, though, seems to me being 'a bit special' is about consistently voting for policies that make you even poorer. (Of course, I hope that isn't going on here and Brexit is just a one-off, but you never know...)

14 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Actually tonight they said he was accused of assaulting girls, not boys. I’m probably mixing him up with someone else.

Yes, there was another congressional case involving male child abuse a little while back, but it escapes me too. Easy to get muddled, I think, things keep coming by so fast. I'll stick with my 'creepy racist fundie', though there are plenty more of those already in Congress, looks like.

Edited by tegeusCromis

I just had a brilliant idea on district drawing: cut the state up in equal parts (area or population density) by drawing lines straight across the skinniest parts. So like this:

| | |

Update them every time an election comes up, before the election occurs. Boom, problem sort of fixed!

Edited by Visceral Moonlight

Straight lines? What about crooked lines?

In reality a straight line is a fiction. A "nice looking" straight line through a demographic region is never a good look either for the dissector or dissected! However watching educational clips in a nice rectangular frame provides relief of sorts:

Sign in to follow this