• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery

Secret Society is a game developed by MyTona and published by G5. It's a hidden object game that's available on a variety of platforms. I have been playing it on iPad (iOS). There is a story behind the game, but that's incidental. The main point of the game is to explore a variety of scenes and find a list of objects. The scenes are beautifully detailed. There are also four puzzles that you'll need to solve on a regular basis.

MyTona's Secret Society Page

G5's Secret Society Page

Both pages have download links for the game.

Wiki

Secret Society has a very detailed wiki. This guide is not meant to replace the wiki, rather I'll offer some tips and direct readers to the wiki for more information. The wiki explains the game and provides details on all the scenes, or pictures, you can explore.

Hints

These hints apply to all pictures.

• Your first challenge is figuring out what the game developers mean with their terms. The developers are from Eastern Europe, so they use terms that will be odd to some people for some items. For example, I found the Japanese House challenging at first because I had no idea what a "Garden Item", "Onamori", "Japanese Symbol" or "Jug" were. That's where the wiki can help. The wiki has a picture of all the items you can find. Here's the wiki page for the Japanese House. If you can't access the wiki, then the Compass tool is very useful for highlighting items. You can zoom the screen and drag the compass around. The compass will highlight the item when it gets close to the target.
  • Scan the list of objects that you need to find before you start searching. Some objects will stick with you.
  • Use the compass or seeker's eye to help find objects. See next hint.
  • Objects have a limited number of locations where they will appear! After playing the pictures for a while, you'll discover that there are only about four locations where a particular object will appear. This makes finding items much easier, obviously. You'll also discover the game's tricks when it comes to hiding items. And finding hidden objects is a practised skill, so you will get better at finding stuff as you play.

Tips for Playing Gem Match

• First, practice with other free apps like Bejeweled Classic and Gem Match 2. These games are quite similar and will help with seeing the patterns.
  • Second, this is another puzzle that you'll get better at with practice. You can say that for all the puzzles, actually.
  • Ignore the automatic matches. Use that time to find other matches. I have complained to G5 about not allowing player moves during automatic matches and they said they would pass my comments along. The other match games I mentioned allow you to move while the game is completing automatic matches.
  • Try to find four and five piece matches and then combine them. This really helps with some of the arrangements - especially the ones with locked squares. The wiki explains the various combinations.
  • Don't rush. Relax and try to find the four and five piece matches. Practising with the other match apps will help with this.
Edited by AndalayBay

Hi AndalayBay! -- My biggest concern right now is how to get enough gems. I know you said elsewhere that I would get a few special offers for gems for $0.99, and I did, but only a few. I have serious problems completing pictures in the dark mode without lots of tools. So far the number of tools I get from completed collections is not nearly enough.

How many friends do I need? I currently have 7, who are all very generous in sending gifts. I could imagine that you really need a ton of active friends to collect enough gifts to keep you supplied with collectable items.

Speaking of gifts from friends, how can they send me more than 1 per day? Does it depend on their rank in the game?

Hey MVNLA, welcome to TAL!

Gems are really tough at the beginning. Which tools are you using? I recommend using the compass and the torch, if you have enough of those.

Also, I just remembered another tip that I forgot to put in the OP. Objects are often clustered together. When you find an object, zoom out a little bit and see if you find other objects in the same area. Even if they aren't in the list at the moment, try to remember where they were so you can quickly go back to that area when they are listed. Also, hover in that area for a couple of seconds. Quite often the next item to appear in the search list will be in the same area.

You'll want more friends than that. I have 20 active friends and I've sent invites to a few more. I've been finding friends by sending invites to people who post their invite code in the friends forum on the wiki: http://the-secret-society.wikia.com/wiki/Board:Friend_Code_Exchange

You gain experience points and other goodies for visiting friends, so visit as many friends as you can each day. Most people like to have their awards charged at the top of the desktop, so I always do those. I don't think any of my friends mind having pictures charged, although a couple definitely have some priorities. You can find out your friends charging preferences here if they are on the wiki.

And the last bit is answered by the biggest cheat available: time travel. I will explain TT in my reserved post above. Here's the original post on the subject. I usually don't send multiple gifts per day, but I may do so periodically. I have gained at least 30 levels in the space of a short time since starting TT'ing. I feel I've spent more than enough on this game and gaining one energy point every three minutes is just too long once you get 500+ energy points.

MVN, if you're having trouble with a particular picture, take a screenshot of it at the beginning and upload it here. I'll grab it and circle all the items. I would like to create a picture that shows where all the objects in a scene usually appear, so this will help with that too.