24 replies to this topic

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

title__fomo_project_mini_title_v1_00_by_ 

title__fomo_skyrim_improved_v1_00_by_sif

When Haldar converted The Skyrim Improved Team's Skyrim Improved to Onra's Tamriel Heightmap I was extremely exited to visit the chilling cold and vast forests and frozen peaks of Skyrim, to have my characters discover themselves the serene solitude of Skyrims wilderness, and as you can Imagine I was heart broken to find that the entire province had no roads at all! Because of how harsh the landscape was Haldar did not feel compelled to put together a road network, so I said I would do it myself, and so I did, thought I promised this months ago, and it was ready months ago, I did not release it because there were a few more things I wanted to finish up in the province before releasing it.

Unlike the other two Province mods that I am working on (High Rock and Summerset Isles) I don't intend to put too much more time into Skyrim, honestly it feels adequate as it is right now, though it does not have too many dungeons, I feel like the wilderness and the many settlements are enough to give the feeling of Skyrim, atleast enough for your characters to visit it or travel through it. For a player like myself whos play is driven more by their own roleplay stories than by quest, Skyrim as as it is is good enough.

For now,  since I still don't quite have it at the stage I want for a release I will just leave a few screenshots here (They aren't the best and they were taken a LONG time ago, the province has since improved but still they are better than nothing):

fomo_skyrim_improved_enhanced_wip_17_by_

fomo_skyrim_improved_enhanced_wip_19_by_

fomo_skyrim_improved_enhanced_wip_16_by_

fomo_skyrim_improved_enhanced_wip_12_by_

fomo_skyrim_improved_enhanced_wip_06_by_

fomo_skyrim_improved_enhanced_wip_08_by_

fomo_skyrim_improved_enhanced_wip_04_by_

fomo_skyrim_improved_enhanced_wip_03_by_

fomo_skyrim_improved_enhanced_wip_01_by_

fomo_skyrim_improved_enhanced_wip_20_by_

More screenshot of FOMO Skyrim Improved

Edited by Sifonseal, 29 March 2016 - 12:24 PM.

• Sue likes this

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

Just figured I should post to mention that I haven't stopped working on this (or other FOMO mods) I have simply been spending what time I have modding leaving me with no time for going out and taking screenshots for showing my progress.

Figured I would post this here because FOMO Skyrim is a mod that has had a significant amount of progress on it, I'll get around to posting some screenshots soon hopefully ^^!

Edited by Sifonseal, 01 August 2017 - 03:02 PM.

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

This is just a copy paste of a REALLY old message to Gep (an important member of the FOMO team) going over some of the progress on FOMO Sky dungeons

"

Progress is still moving along, went in game to check if pathing was all working properly, here is a screenshot of the in game map with most of Skyrim's current markers:

SKYIn_Game_Markers_Map.jpg

Sadly I didn't update my in game map so not all the roads and map features are present in this image, however you can see the solid spread of dungeons across the province. The Pale, Winterhold and Eastmarch regions have special dungeons created by Snus so I haven't thrown them in there yet, the interiors are done, it is just a matter of placing the exteriors. The Deadric Shrine Icons are either Orc Strongholds (4 of them) or Ancient Nedic (The Nedes were an ancient race of men that is no longer around) Altars. 

Here are some shots of dungeon interiors:

Some nice Glowing Mushrooms right at the entrance

Screenshot53275.png

Oh looks like they came out to greet me ^^

Screenshot53863.png

Going deeper into the caves

Screenshot66253.png

Screenshot60297.png

More undead...

Screenshot68923.png

Lots more undead!

Screenshot68219.png

Nice Skyrim Shrooms

Screenshot69383.png

And the big fight at the entrance to the second floor (I didn't bother taking more screenshots after that)

Screenshot69629.png

"

Since this message a bunch more locations have been added naturally and much more progress has been made on the cities, with the addition of Morthal and Hjaalmarch, the expansion of Solitude and the interiors for Whiterun, Solitude and Falkreath.

As I have mentioned before, the original plan for FOMO Skyrim was just to make it a exploreable region its main purpose was to allow you to walk from Cyrodiil to the High Rock province for the sake of the FOMO High Rock project, there were no plans for additional cities beyond connecting the three that came with Skyrim Improved or all the dungeons and other Tamriel worldspace locations, however things got out of hand (out of hand if putting it lightly ^^") and now we have much of the province completely reworked, tons of unique environments, flora, architecture, etc... 

Ultimately my vision for FOMO Skyrim is a wild untamed land, full of vast stretches of prime hunting land, the perfect land for any ranger type character to call home or for the much travelled adventurer/hero to retire too, or even a place for the more notorious to hide from the sights of the Imperial Legion.

• Sue likes this

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Sys Admin
  • 12,273 posts

I've been playing Skyrim lately and it looks funny to see all the familiar Skyrim things being rendered with the Oblivion engine. :D Excellent work - looking really good.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

Heh heh yea, I literally made an Oblivion copy of every piece of flora in Skyrim, I'm quite happy with the results personally, don't know how people who play Skyrim with high poly replacers will feel about them ^^'.

I'll flood with screen shots of various environments in a bit, just about to go on a screenshot taking dive ^^!

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

These are shots from well over an year ago as well, but these locations haven't changed much since:

These first shots are of two of the Imperial Forts that watch over Skyrim, while most the forts in secure Cyrodiil are inactive, the forts in Skyrim are manned, Legion soilders are constantly protect the province of the Empire and ensuring that the people of Skyrim know who runs the place:

Screenshot51202.png

Screenshot140010.png

There are several forts like these in various strategic locations around Skyrim.

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

Here is a bunch of shots from around the Hjaalmarch region, one of the more unique parts of the Skyrim province:

These shots show off some of the unique Skyrim flora mentioned in the previous post.

fomo_skyrim_hjaalmarch_01_by_sifonseal-d

fomo_skyrim_hjaalmarch_02_by_sifonseal-d

fomo_skyrim_hjaalmarch_03_by_sifonseal-d

In this last one you can see part of the expanded Solitude up on the distant cliff, more shots of that later...

fomo_skyrim_hjaalmarch_04_by_sifonseal-d

These shots show some very early WIP pics of Morthal city, normally I wouldn't upload shots this early in the development for an area, but I figured why not this time.

fomo_skyrim_hjaalmarch_05_by_sifonseal-d

fomo_skyrim_morthal_01_by_sifonseal-dbj5

fomo_skyrim_morthal_02_by_sifonseal-dbj5

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Sys Admin
  • 12,273 posts

I suggest posting about your mods in Beth.net. Yeah it's torture, but they are the "official" forums. Nexus probably has a wider audience.

But yeah, I wasn't planning on loading FOMOS because I don't usually do extra land mods, other than the ones I work on, but you've peaked my interest. :)

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

Torture indeed, I already feel bad about the time it takes to simply go diving for screenshots and uploading a couple (I feel like I could have done so much actual modding in that time!), I can't imagine how much time people put in when they go all out and put together a full trailer video for a mod >.<.

It is a good idea to go post about the project over on Beth.net, but I just can't commit more time to the upkeep that it might entail to maintain another window into the progress of the project. I'm not too concerned about how many people actually end up playing the mods, though that won't stop me from keeping the quality of the mods up since I want them to have quality for the sake of those that do stumble upon them ^^. 

Some shots of The Reach and various wilderness regions should be coming up soon!

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

Well I said Reach shots but here are some early WIP shots of some Orc Strongholds, hopefully they are decent substitutes for the ones in Skyrim ^^:

Note:These shots are quite old, the strongholds have improved a fair bit since taking them, so I decided there would be no point in uploading, but I figured while I was at it...

fomo_skyrim_orc_strongholds_03_by_sifons

fomo_skyrim_orc_strongholds_02_by_sifons

fomo_skyrim_orc_strongholds_04_by_sifons

fomo_skyrim_orc_strongholds_05_by_sifons

fomo_skyrim_orc_strongholds_07_by_sifons

fomo_skyrim_orc_strongholds_06_by_sifons

fomo_skyrim_orc_strongholds_08_by_sifons

fomo_skyrim_orc_strongholds_09_by_sifons

I remember having taken a LOT more of these but I can't seem to find them... 

I'll be back with some more wilderness shots soon ^^!

Edited by Sifonseal, 07 August 2017 - 09:49 AM.

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

So here are a couple from the Reach:

Showing a path through a valley from the region

fomo_skyrim_the_reach_02_by_sifonseal-db

fomo_skyrim_the_reach_04_by_sifonseal-db

More of the lush valley

fomo_skyrim_the_reach_03_by_sifonseal-db

and finally the Karth River which runs through the region and flows into the Sea Of Ghosts right beside the city of Solitude

fomo_skyrim_the_reach_05_by_sifonseal-db

The bridge you see goes over to Markath city, which I have NO plans on doing interiors for unfortunately (Not pictured because it is not complete)

It was never part of the plan for FOMO Sky, but I've been convinced to put together exteriors at least, which is all I plan to do for it before moving onto other mods.

Even without it the province will still have 8 major cities (And a ton of large and small towns), so hopefully not much to complain about.

The region shows that Skyim isn't ALL snow and ice... though mostly it is ^^'... 

More regions with more unique atmospheres coming up shortly!

As usual there are a few more shots over at my DeviantArt page (Not too many more this time tho):

Sifonseal' Deviant Art

Edited by Sifonseal, 07 August 2017 - 12:16 PM.

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

Magma Golem

• Administrators
  • 12,602 posts
Looking good! I really like the landscaping. :)

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

Thanks VM ^^.

The flood continues! (Well just a few more)

One last one of the more mountainous parts of the Reach showing some of the wildlife that eluded me in the woodlands

(Who is that up on the cliff?)

fomo_skyrim_the_reach_06_by_sifonseal-db

Two shots of the massive forests of the Winderhold hold:

(Such clear weather up there is pretty rare)

fomo_skyrim_winterhold_forests_01_by_sif

fomo_skyrim_winterhold_forests_02_by_sif

Such friendly woodland critters \^^/

The super white bushes are meant to be Snowberry bushes, but there is a small texture bug that causes them to go super bright in some weather conditions, I simply forgot to fix the issue ^^"

I did want to show off some of Whiterun as well, but I haven't created LOD ground textures for the terrains around there so it looks a little awkward. There are a couple of other places with unique looks to go over as well, didn't take any shots this dive (Game crashed before I got around to it, that is what I get for running around with 2000 athletics ^^"), but I might have some old ones around though...

Edit: Also took shots of The Seven Thousand Steps up to High Hrothgar... but felt like the walk could be improved further in some parts so decided not to upload those.

Next set to be throw up with probably be of Winterhold City districts since I'm not all that happy with the Whiterun shots or the Falkreath shots.

Edited by Sifonseal, 07 August 2017 - 12:49 PM.

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

The Great Smexy Pumpkin

Magma Golem

• Administrators
  • 12,602 posts
I always do enjoy your landscape pictures. :D

Edited by Visceral Moonlight, 07 August 2017 - 01:15 PM.

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

Haha I've fooled you again, I said I would throw up some Winterhold shots, but no! it seems these are some shots of The Rift! (Yea... my screenshots folder is a real mess ^^" )

Anyway... Rift shots!

Just an overview shot showing one of the Southern most valleys (mostly unaltered from the original Skyrim Improved)

fomo_skyrim_the_rift_01_by_sifonseal-dbj

More of the region

fomo_skyrim_the_rift_02_by_sifonseal-dbj

fomo_skyrim_the_rift_03_by_sifonseal-dbj

A "if it ain't broke don't fix it" Nordic bridge

fomo_skyrim_the_rift_05_by_sifonseal-dbj

An example of some of the interesting passages around the province

fomo_skyrim_the_rift_06_by_sifonseal-dbj

And yes... sadly there isn't a lovely orange coloured Rift like the one you see in TES5: Skyrim... I considered reworking the entire area, but I really liked the feel of what was left by the original Skyrim Improved Team, instead of tearing it all down, I just built more detail into it like you see in the above shots... in other sad revelations Riften is the other city that will NOT be included in the release... maybe one day AFTER FOMO Summerset / FOMO High Rock or if some other modder wants to take on the task as a mod for the region. Honestly I am hoping that after release some modders will make use of the extra real estate added by the province, would be nice to not have to try and cram every quest/faction mod into Cyrodiil which is grossly over populated after all these years >.<.

Those Winterhold shots soon! (Probably... unless I find something else first ^^" )

Edit: 

As usual there are a few more shots over at my DeviantArt page (Not too many more this time tho):

Sifonseal' Deviant Art

Edited by Sifonseal, 07 August 2017 - 01:40 PM.

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

Some REALLY old shots of Winterhold exterior, I did try to get some new ones, but I did a decent job of taking the shots the last time, so I decided to go with those again ^^". While they are quite old the exterior hasn't changed that much so they still give you the idea of the place...

Again this post is mostly a copy paste from part of an old message to Gep:

"

These shots aren't as good as they could be because I didn't generate LOD land or VWD objects, so you can't really see the place in it's full glory, which is why I haven't officially uploaded these shots...

Front wall to lower part of the city:

Screenshot112186.png

Winterhold Greathall (Palace):

Screenshot108505.png

Screenshot109097.png

The holes you see in the palace are due to a lack of VWD generation >.<

This shot shows some of the Ice floes around the city, there is going to be a ton more of it, I just wanted to make sure it looked good in game before I proceeded adding more:

Screenshot109533.png

No capital city is complete without the presence of the Artisans Guildhall ! (Found just west of the city, if LOD was there you would see it in the shot above >.< : 

Screenshot111322.png

Next on the things to show off list is the College of Winterhold :

Screenshot116776.png

Screenshot119217.png

Another shot of the palace, this time from the College's side:

Screenshot123056.png

"

Most these areas have more detailing to them now and those that don't yet will in the future.

I'll post shots of the city's interior districts shortly, these at the least will be fairly up to date shots ^^.

No DeviantArt link since there aren't any of these shots up there, so I suppose at some point I will EVENTUALLY have to take new shots of the exterior to upload there... eventually...

Edited by Sifonseal, 07 August 2017 - 03:09 PM.

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

And here are those newer shots of glorious Winterhold!

(Please do note that these are still WIP, and while some improvements have been made since they were taken even the current state isn't what I would call finished)

The Traders Quaters

This shot shows a small square in the Traders Quaters, the section of the city that has grown to be the largest as Winterhold acts as the gateway out of Skyrim, shipping all its natural bounty to all ends of the Empire turning the city into the most diverse in all Skyrim. 

fomo_skyrim_winterhold_city_traders_quat

Some streets of the Traders Quaters

This shot shows an entrance to the ancient Nordic passage leading down to the older underground part of the city built by ancient Nords but still used, the passage also connects to the docks below the city's other elevated districts.

Edited by Sifonseal, 07 August 2017 - 03:38 PM.

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

More Winterhold City shots...

The Old Quater

These shots depicts parts of Winterhold City's Old Quater, part of the city that is still mostly lived in by Nords and controlled by the ancient families that ran the city before the merchants of High Rock came seeking to profit off Skyrim's natural resources and the mages of Morrowind came seeking to study at the College of Winterhold and altered the political landscape of the city completely. 

fomo_skyrim_winterhold_city_old_quater_0

Here you can also see another ancient Nordic passage entrance leading to the upper district of the city which contains (among other things) the temple and passage to the palace.

All these shots still suffer from the bugged Snowberry texture I mentioned before, which will be fixed at some point ^^!

Those Winterhold shots haven't even been sent around to FOMO team members yet (Well Gep has seen versions from late 2016), I kept putting it off till I had more work done on them... so this is the first time anyone other than myself is seeing these... but the flood gates have opened today so... 

Very keen for some feedback on any of the screenshot spam. Hopefully they are good enough to pique your interest in FOMO Skyrim ^^!

I imagine at this point this page would take some time to load for someone with a slower connection ^^'. Hopefully it isn't too much of a bother.

Edited by Sifonseal, 07 August 2017 - 03:45 PM.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Sys Admin
  • 12,273 posts

Those look pretty good. I do have a couple of comments. One thing with Skyrim (the game) is that it's much grimier than Oblivion and I think that fits, so I suggest redoing some of the textures so that everything doesn't look so clean. Second, can NPC's and the PC get up those slopes? I think some of the slopes are a little too extreme and they look unnatural, so you may want to tweak some of that if you can.

That's a lot of work that's been done. You should get it released and then do some more tweaks after that. :)

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• Project Lead
  • 194 posts

Thanks AB, always glad to get your seal of approval ^^.

Indeed the grimier look does suit the province of Skyrim... I assume you were talking mostly about the Winterhold shots and more specifically the walls right? You are quite right, the Whiterun walls were redone to look rougher and darker, I should look into redoing the Winterhold ones as well. The wood texture for the Traders Quarters could be a bit more worn too, could use the one from the buildings in the Old Quarter for those as well, but the newer look for them was intended given the district is supposed to be constantly developed and redeveloped as it expands.

The pathing around the province seems to work out just fine for the NPCs (Well animals anyway), but yes there are plenty of slopes that are simply cliff faces or mountainsides that are completely unscaleable unless you cheese it (Which I don't know if NPCs do, never tried to find out), but the province of Skyrim is this way more so than Cyrodiil, full of valleys and mountains that make the province difficult to navigate, while in Cyrodiil you can generally go directly from point A to B, in Skyrim you will need to find a proper route or be up for some mountaineering ^^'. I have gone about and made sure that it is possible to reach any one area from any other, so it should be possible, just a matter of finding the trail up the mountain or down into the valley, though there is a valley or two can can only be accessed comfortably via a cave system.

There aren't any slopes that are intended to be climbed that can't be climbed, at least not any I've run into so far while pathing in CSE or testing in game (and considering the following of woodland menaces I tend to build up while doing so I'm sure I would have noticed a couple ^^). Honestly I think the biggest pathing issues are going to come not from slopes but from the giant trees and masses of rocks in regions like Winterhold and Haafingar, so far though everything seems to be able to get within mauling range of me, though I imagine it would be very easy to to dance around the place with a bow if you wanted to and constantly evade capture, but I guess the whole standing on a rock is a universal cheese tactic that can't reasonably be accounted for by modders in any TES game.

A release... hmm I think I might just do the interiors for Whiterun and Winterhold and do an initial release then (Leaving Dawnstar and Morthal interiors for a later version), given not much else but the cities still need to be finished... but who knows what else I may decide needs to be in this dang mod between now and finishing those interiors. Hard to say when that will be honestly given Winterhold is a regrettably massive city (It isn't Imperial City or Daggerfall size but still I wanted all the capital cities of each province to feel like truly glorious capitals, it really bothered me that TES5: Skyrim didn't have any proper major cities).

I just wish I could simply move on to Sum and High Rock ^^'. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users