• Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 11,925 posts

Yeah one of the cities just looked too clean. Very new looking.

In terms of the cliffs, I agree. The main one I had an issue with was the one called fomo_skyrim_orc_strongholds_04_by_sifons. Perhaps that's an issue with VOD or something? It just looks like you yanked the ground up rather than having proper cliffs.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 191 posts

Oh right that Orc Stronghold, yea no chance of scaling those slopes naturally, thankfully there are stairs all the way up, think some of them are a little difficult to see in that shot from that distance and angle, but yea they are pathed and have been PC walk tested, and I assume with the pathing there the NPCs Orcs that will call the place home will have no issues getting up and down those stairways ^^.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 11,925 posts

Yeah it's just the texture of the hills. It's very stretched being pulled up that way.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 191 posts

Yea fair point, that is going to be an issue around a lot of the massive mountains in the region (perticularly in the southern regions left behind by the Skyrim Improved team, they made some truly awe inspiring mountains, The Throat of the World being a prime example), I've generally tried to do it so that the initial climb is less steep so that you don't see the overly stretched textures (as they are a bit further along the rise of the mountainside), but in some cases it is unavoidable and will be an issue for players not running a higher res texture (I myself prefer to stick to lower res for the sake of having more memory to play with, just to air on the side of caution).

I will consider adding a high res version of the terrain texture as an alternative texture and run it over problem area, this would be fine in most regions, but some cells are already at the terrain texture limit and it might become more work than it is worth to go about fixing this issue. I'll think about it, but ultimately FOMO Sky is MEANT to be just a quick thing, a warm up for Summerset and High Rock, but it just keeps going @-@, some corner will have to be cut, some minor issues will have to be ignored, at least that is the game plan... not a plan we have been sticking to thus far however...

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 11,925 posts
I was wondering if you could paint the terrain with a mountain texture or pile a bunch of rocks on it? If that's a low res texture, then yeah, high res might stretch better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users