• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Sifonseal

FOMO Main General Discussion

general_discussion_image_smaller_by_sifo

=           =           =           =  Fomo Main  =           =           =           =

Since the main "release" thread has been updated enough to give you an idea of what the FOMO project and FOMO Main specifically is, It only seemed right to open up a General Discussion thread for any questions, suggestions or feedback you guys might have concerning what you read.

Any feedback is helpful so fire away ^^!

Edited by Sifonseal

I have seen your resource storms before so I know just how resourceful you can be ^^.

Alas, for now I don't think I am currently looking for anything that exists... unless there actually exists an animation for using a watering can? (I would really love one for ObliviLife's farming features)

Animation is a realm I have yet to touch myself, so I really do hope there is someone out there who is able and willing to help with this.

Naturally I will be sure to let you know if I am looking for anything else in the future ^^.

I know Snus has a Wartering Can Resource (Which also comes with the added bonus of being an equip-able weapon already), which is what I planned to use. But without an animation it just doesn't feel as immersive as I should like it to >.<.

Well for now I suppose adding a sound would make a world of difference.

Oh and I just realised I forgot to mention before, thanks again for reorganising those project groups Visceral ^^.

Edited by Sifonseal

Like I said in my previous post, I already have a Watering Can in mind to use (I linked it above), I was hoping to have an animation made for it, late last week I asked DKZZ2 (A very skilled animator who have worked on smooth animations for Oblivion before) if they could lend a hand, while he has not made anything in a long time he was willing to help out and produced this a very neat little animation, I was just about to test it out when I saw these posts, hopefully all will go well ^^.

Regardless, as always I really appreciate the search assistance guys ^^.

Given I will soon have more free time on my hands and am quite eager to get back to modding like crazy it is likely I will finally be looking towards releases for the mods that I have had completed and sitting on the side lines for close to an year now.

Naturally before I can release any of my mods I will need to release FOMO Main, and so I uploaded my current credit list (With all the development notes taken out of course (Hopefully all ^^") ) to the Fomo Main "release" thread, as such anyone interested can find out just how many esps they can save by using Fomo Main (I have been asked a few times exactly what is merged into Fomo Main, so I decided the easiest way to reveal this is just by throwing the credit list out there).

This also serves as a way for me to double check that I didn't miss getting any permissions (Though I like to think I have been meticulous in my hunting down of permissions), so if anyone sees something on that list that they know for a fact that I did not get permission to use (For example, if it is your own work and you swear you don't remember me asking for your permission, though you could be wrong, sometimes you forget you know?) please do let me know ^^.

Here is a link to save you some time:

Credit List!

Edited by Sifonseal

Ah indeed, it does help towards that High Rock resources list, naturally Fomo High Rock will also have its own credit list on top of this so I still need to get around to compiling that for you (The credit list for everything in use is already made, but since armour/clothing has only been loosely compiled and not actually added to any esp yet (For High Rock I mean) I haven't put together a neat little credit list, l will get around to it soon as I'm less busy ^^).

Edited by Sifonseal

It is looking like everything is good to go for a release of Fomo Main and its East Docks District as well as Fomo Imperial Isles, I am hoping to just release it here on TAL first, if some of you guys are willing to browse through my little shopping district and altered Imperial Isles and help pick out any Obvious bugs, typos or other oddities that would be much appreciated ^^.

I am just starting uploading some of the resource files and writing up installation instructions/descriptions before running my own final test run.

Do let me know if you are interested in and able to help check out the mod. 

Edited by Sifonseal

Heh heh hopefully you don't succeed in breaking it too much, I just ran a another walk around run, and everything seems to be in order (At least seemingly enough so that It would be too embarrassing to release it ^^"), I'll message you some download links ^^.

Few questions, are you running Better Cities? Which mods are you currently using for your Imperial Isles region (Unique Landscapes- Imp Isles?, Region Revive?,Roads and Bridges?)? And lastly... what creature mods are you using (FCOM? MMM + OOO?) ?

I'll be setting up a new install so I'll be using the unofficial patches (minus Fighter's Stronghold as the main plugin is on my other computer (got that from the Steam bundle and I'm hoping to use my discs this go around to reduce complexity with my current OS setup (or I may just copy over my install from the HDD, will need to see what's easier))) at the bare minimum.

Oh lovely a possible clean install?, that would make you the perfect guinea pi... err much valued tester, yea that. If you do decide to just copy paste your last install, that's fine too of course.

Edit: I forgot to mention above it seems, I asked about your creature mods because of those FOMO "Auxiliaries" I mentioned before, in particular the FCOM Auxiliary as well as adding FCOM monsters to Fomo mods, it also give you a ton of FCOM stuff for sale at the Traveller's Cross (A sections of the East Docks District). Thought it is called the FCOM Auxiliary it should also work just as well for MMM + OOO set ups, which I believe is a lot easier to install so imagine it will still be relevant for people not so keen in FCOM's tedious installation process. I MAY in the future make Auxiliaries for MMM and OOO separately, but really I'm aiming most the best content at heavily modded installs.

Edited by Sifonseal

Well this is finally Released. Thanks again for the publication tips and advice AndalayBay and Mhahn ^^.

Anyone who hasn't had access to the pre-release versions please check it out, let me know if I messed up somewhere with typos missing assets etc or simply let me know what you think ^^.

Edited by Sifonseal

I have some constructive criticism, aimed at making East Docks more immersive to some other players' games. However, I just want to state, before I say this, that it may be something that is a massive pain to fix, or get working properly. (I honestly have no idea.) And I acknowledge and appreciate all you have done in your series thus far, it is truly enormous in endeavor and scope...and my comments are not intended to belittle your efforts. :) Nor do I expect you to change things just for my preferences, but I am bringing it up, because I think this will conflict with the immersion of certain mods in game.
Also at this time I can't play your mods, as my game (as you already know) is in a very fragile state, but soon, when we get our other gaming rig, I'm going to do a whole fresh install and be happy again free to play with *only* my mods XD (which will include some of yours  ;)

But there is something to me as a player that was a tad unnerving when I read your description on Nexus. (And congrats! I didn't know you had released it, I thought you were still in test mode! :D)
Anyways the statement in the description was, that all vanilla content would be for sale there. To me that is a huge immersion breaker, part of the fun experience is finding something new in a shop across the country rather getting it all from one place. so it hurts the role of all vanilla merchants, and it sidesteps the point of mods like OOO, and others which change what vanilla content is available,  when, and for how much, in order to fix some of the original issues brought about by Vanillas shop leveled lists. If you are selling all the Vanilla books in the East docks, what is the point of me going to first edition, or an alchemist in Skingrad, or a Burma smith? And I know I can open CS and remove all that content myself but that is a pain to do, if you are going to be updating on the regular (and I think you will be ;)  ) So my question, is there a way to make that optional? It just flubs up the games a lot of us try to immerse our self with, by having a world that makes a little sense. No trading city anywhere, is going to have everything in the world for sale, it just doesn't make sense.

I really really hope I haven't hurt your feelings, because all the content you are fixing and making work together, and beautify is awesome, and I am happy and feel privileged, to be a part of it on the crafting end. Its just to me, this is an unnecessary part of the mod, (if it were me I would cut it out, but it isn't my baby its yours) ...its like seeing those giant yellow exclamation marks you would get when a Morrowind mod had been installed wrong, or a texture was missing etc. The exclamation mark might still talk to you, and give you quests, but it doesn't look like a khajiit...it looks like an exclamation mark.

Now, I have a suggestion that might fit your intention instead - as you mentioned in the description, its so a person can have their character how they want to look like from the beginning. But unless you happen to use the Alternate Beginnings mod and choose the beginning that gives you a house (I know huge cheat lol) chances are you don't have much to begin with anyways. Well how about taking one of your many merchants, and set them up with a short quest, I mean it can even be a quick delivery run depending on how much time you wanted time you wanted to spend on it. Or it could be a quest with several parts that takes them all around the East Docks its up to you. But the reward would be a set of armor or clothes. Set it up via dialog you can have them choose before hand what there reward will be, whether its "clothes to make me inconspicuous" to "a set of metal armor, to protect me from beasts" or "a dress fit for a lady at court." You can have a lot of options, and all that will do is change the reward for the quest...or have it pop up at the end as a second quest activated which ends when they choose what there reward is. This way they get a chance to get something to wear that fits there character concept, they have a bit of dialog that lets them, in short, say what kind of person they are, and without setting up all the vanilla content in one place. I mean, if they really want daedric, mithril, or super magic swords when they start out, they can always down load a cheat mod right?  Full Daedric Armor at sewer entrance ;) If you decide you like this option and you need help writing it then let me know. Someone else would have to set it up in CS though as I have my hands full already.
If you hate it, then don't do it. But please consider the ramifications of having all vanilla content in one place of the game. *friend hugs*

Back to doing my work on craftyB.

<3 LokiWolfychan

Always open for some constructive criticism ^^. I completely understand your position of the inclusion of various vanilla content that should be rare, it is for this reason that not all vanilla items are sold in the district, only armours, clothes and weapons, so items you have to search out like books won't lose their value as you have worried ^^. Furthermore they are all sold in a specific set of stores in their own area known as the Vanilla way.

The reason for the vanilla equipment being for sale was in fact for role playing purposes, it really was just a means for avoiding having to use console all the time when setting up scenarios, i.e. suppose your role play story beings with you being a member of a mercenary group, you would need a lot of chain mail or steel armours etc, or if your group suddenly encountered a someone who had been to the deadric planes, you might need some deadric equipment. I know some role play without scenarios and simply drop their character into the world, but some people also like to weave stories as they go so having access to things like this can be immensely helpful (Speaking for much experience). As for no trading city having everything for sale, all the vanilla content isn't really everything in the world, its really everything you can find in Cyrodiil, and you would think that this would be for sale in the Imperial City which is essentially the Rome of the Imperial Empire, and it would still not have all the local content you would find in Morrowind, Elsweyr etc..

That being said, it would definitely be possible to make it optional, though the easiest way to doing so would require an esp >.<. In the future FOMO main will come with an ini file, at that point I can make a simple script to remove the more unlikely inclusions (e.g. deadric) in the vanilla equipment stores if a setting was toggled ^^.

Putting the content behind a quest wall would defeat the purpose of having it there in the first place which is to make it easily access-able in mass for story telling purposes (Finding the editor ID for several sets of clothes can be a real pain...). If some people decide to use it as a "cheat mod" that is their decisions.

You definitely don't have to worry about hurting my feelings, and I appreciate hearing any points of view on any subject ^^. Though I often say I mostly intend to mod for myself and bring what I want to see into the world of modded Oblivion, I am more than happy to try to be more accommodating to other views of what the role playing experience should be, and naturally the only way to know more about these other views is to hear about them ^^.

So thanks for your feedback, thanks to it hopefully when we get around to putting that toggle in (Though I can't say if it will be any time soon) many who share your perspective on role playing immersion will have the options they need to better customise FOMO mods to their preference ^^.

A new rig is always exciting, happy to hear my mods will have a place in your install ^^. I continue to look forward to your work on CB ^^.

If I missed addressing something please do let me know.

Edited by Sifonseal