Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

general_discussion_image_smaller_by_sifo

=           =           =           =  Fomo High Rock  =           =           =           =

I know the main release thread for this mod is yet to be filled out, the reason for this is that I am working on this one with a partner and we had decided that they would take on the duty of handling these tasks, but... I felt kind of bad seeing all the views the thread got despite its meagre state so for the time being I will just open up this general discussion thread and leave this neat little link that will show some of the progress I have made on the capital city of the province, the glorious city of Daggerfall:

FOMO High Rock Screenshots 

(There are quite a few and PLENTY more to come)

Here is a taste ^^

high_rock_daggerfall_city_002_by_sifonse

high_rock_daggerfall_city_004_by_sifonse

Any feedback is helpful and much appreciated so please do let us know what you think ^^!

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,625 posts
I like what's been done with the architecture. :)

The textures seem very detailed. Is that how they'll actually look or are some graphic enhancements being used?

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

I am running OBGE with some configuration changes (I really have been meaning to switch to Alenet's amazing OR, still haven't gotten around to it due to modding mods more than my own install), but no ENB or such is being used ^^.

If you haven't already be sure to follow the link to 40+ more screenshots over at DeviantArt, I would of course upload the 100+ shots I eventually plan to upload of Daggerfall's many districts to the High Rock Gallery here at TAL but that too is my partners job ^^", I am sure they will get around to it soon, busy times for us all.

I really want to know if the districts give enough of a Breton impression. Naturally each of the cities in the province will have their own depiction of Breton culture, Daggerfall being the most aged, rough and unkempt of them all as it is constantly dealing with its thriving underworld and the over populated masses of its destitute lower class. 

Here are a few shots form one of the lower class districts, mind you this district is still very WIP:

high_rock_daggerfall_city_032_by_sifonse

high_rock_daggerfall_city_034_by_sifonse

high_rock_daggerfall_city_042_by_sifonse

Edit: 

I also updated my FOMO Nirn Map, along with the main roads of Ubanga and Dibella's Watch you can now see Daggerfall right there on the map, and get an idea for how truly huge the city really is ^^!

Edited by Sifonseal, 13 April 2016 - 03:03 PM.

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

And... updated with shots from another district, samples as always ^^

There are many places of beauty to take refuge from the squalor of the grand city

high_rock_daggerfall_city_044_by_sifonse

From almost every corner of the city the palace is within view, towering high above and reachable to all, symbolic of the Breton meritocratic ways.

high_rock_daggerfall_city_054_by_sifonse

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,625 posts
Looks very Breton to me. :)

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 11,312 posts
Nice!
Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate the feedback ^^

Here are a few samples of the shots of one of my favourite districts, fresh off the upload.

high_rock_daggerfall_city_055_by_sifonse

high_rock_daggerfall_city_057_by_sifonse

high_rock_daggerfall_city_056_by_sifonse

• AndalayBay and gep5 like this

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,625 posts
Loving the foliage!

And if you need any resources, just holler and I'll start digging. :D

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

With you and Gep around I don't think I'll ever have to worry about searching for resources ^^.

I had thought we had everything we needed for High Rock, but Gep has since shown me that there is much more out there in obscure corners that I have never tread in (And I had previously considered my knowledge of obscure mods quite comprehensive...). I think for the time being some additional structures for the various castles of various designs that should dot the many hills of the province would be nice, and I believe Amoebaman (My partner on this project) is in need of some assets for Orsinium (Both for the current city of the Orsimer and for the ruins of its previous incarnations), even meshes that could possibly be retextured to work would be appreciated ^^.

Edited by Sifonseal, 15 April 2016 - 03:12 AM.

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

Another few shots have been uploaded, this time we are swinging back to another lower class district, well not exactly, this district has its denizens divided by a river that flows through it, slums have invaded the northern side, the other side has some of the oldest common dwellings in Daggerfall city, naturally this is another of my favourites areas in the city.

high_rock_daggerfall_city_067_by_sifonse

high_rock_daggerfall_city_069_by_sifonse

high_rock_daggerfall_city_070_by_sifonse

high_rock_daggerfall_city_068_by_sifonse

• AndalayBay and gep5 like this

gep5

gep5

Octopus Commander

• Valenwood Islands Beta Tester
    • FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • Elsweyr Pellitine
    • Black Marsh
  • 151 posts

What do you want to do for the Adamantine Tower?

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

Hmmm actually another very good question. The Adamantine Tower along with Wayrest to its east are both being developed by Amoebaman. I am not sure if he has a design direction in mind for it as of yet. I guess we will get back to you on that one ^^.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,625 posts

With you and Gep around I don't think I'll ever have to worry about searching for resources ^^.

I had thought we had everything we needed for High Rock, but Gep has since shown me that there is much more out there in obscure corners that I have never tread in (And I had previously considered my knowledge of obscure mods quite comprehensive...). I think for the time being some additional structures for the various castles of various designs that should dot the many hills of the province would be nice, and I believe Amoebaman (My partner on this project) is in need of some assets for Orsinium (Both for the current city of the Orsimer and for the ruins of its previous incarnations), even meshes that could possibly be retextured to work would be appreciated ^^.

I think I saw some Orcish stuff, I'll see if I can dig them up again. :)

gep5

gep5

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • Elsweyr Pellitine
    • Black Marsh
  • 151 posts

The beyond Skyrim team are using the LOTR minas tirith meshes from the defunct Middle Earth Role playing project here http://www.nexusmods...vion/mods/29214.

The main download is broken, but you can obtain the meshes for Minas Tirith by downloading the "MERP Data" file under the old versions section.

Since Mr Silka was the one who made the meshes and the MERP team is now not able to be contacted due to being defunct, I would contact Mr Silka instead. I tried to myself a while ago but couldn't, so I would ask the beyond Skyrim team if they have a current email address for him as they managed to get permission for the Minas Tirith from him.

Nex

Nex

Cave Bear

• 52 posts

this screenshots are so awesome, *eyecandy*

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

Yea there are still a lot of MERP meshes I have yet to have a look at, great suggestion ^^. If I recall didn't members of MERP team at one point release their assets as a resource? (Or at least a large amount of them such as the Moria tileset) 

Also thanks for the feedback on the screenshots Nex, just a few more districts to go before I can begin on interiors, then I will move onto finishing up the surrounding farmlands and nearby towns.

The idea is to make the kingdom of Daggerfall so packed full of content that if enough quests were scripted it could be the scene for an entire RPG game much like Neverwinter Nights (And to some extent Baldur's Gate) where much of the games happen within a single major city or around it.

Daggerfall city is not just a place to come sell your goods or come pick up new quests, its many dark corners and ancient passageways hold many secrets and many more dangers. Built into the city itself will be a mast variety and number of dungeons, some districts will even be dangerous to visit at night due to the less friendly sort of night-time prowlers. 

Also here are two more shots of the same district as before, show the view a bit further up the river and the view from within the slums:

high_rock_daggerfall_city_078_by_sifonse

high_rock_daggerfall_city_074_by_sifonse

Edited by Sifonseal, 15 April 2016 - 05:24 PM.

gep5

gep5

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • Elsweyr Pellitine
    • Black Marsh
  • 151 posts

Yea there are still a lot of MERP meshes I have yet to have a look at, great suggestion ^^. If I recall didn't members of MERP team at one point release their assets as a resource? (Or at least a large amount of them such as the Moria tileset) 

Also thanks for the feedback on the screenshots Nex, just a few more districts to go before I can begin on interiors, then I will move onto finishing up the surrounding farmlands and nearby towns.

The idea is to make the kingdom of Daggerfall so packed full of content that if enough quests were scripted it could be the scene for an entire RPG game much like Neverwinter Nights (And to some extent Baldur's Gate) where much of the games happen within a single major city or around it.

Daggerfall city is not just a place to come sell your goods or come pick up new quests, its many dark corners and ancient passageways hold many secrets and many more dangers. Built into the city itself will be a mast variety and number of dungeons, some districts will even be dangerous to visit at night due to the less friendly sort of night-time prowlers. 

Also here are two more shots of the same district as before, show the view a bit further up the river and the view from within the slums:

high_rock_daggerfall_city_078_by_sifonse

high_rock_daggerfall_city_074_by_sifonse

I haven't seen all of them released as a resource, but there is this http://www.nexusmods...vion/mods/16389

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

I suppose we will have to go ask over at Beyond Skyrim then, I'm sure they will be happy to help ^^.

gep5

gep5

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • Elsweyr Pellitine
    • Black Marsh
  • 151 posts

Good luck. Might this be useful for something? http://www.nexusmods...on/mods/33033/?

gep5

gep5

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • Elsweyr Pellitine
    • Black Marsh
  • 151 posts

Beyond skyrim team also has a nice crypt set you may want to ask about.

http://www.darkcreat...rock-catacombs/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users