Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

Oh? Deck building huh? What's your choice of money sink may I ask ^^? (By which I mean which CCG naturally). Unless you actually mean building a deck in your backyard, in which case I can only imagine how competitive those deck building tournaments could get o.0.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,625 posts
Yep, CCG. :D

Working on getting back into Yugioh right now. Despite the silliness of the TV show, the game itself is a lot of fun and quite different from other games. I find it very enjoyable. :)

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

Oh indeed, Yugioh is definitely my pick for the best competitive CCG.

Having dabbled in Magic and Yugioh in the past as well as having decent knowledge of a few others that came and went, I too found as you said that while the TV show might be silly Yugioh's cards actually allow for far more quick significant plays and better long term strategies than games like Magic or Hearthstone which honestly come down mostly to the luck of your draw regardless of how well you build your deck. In both Magic and Hearthstone you can end up losing outright just because of your bad hand and your opponents good hand (This is especially true for magic where even in competition games people often forfeit in the first and second turns). 

I don't know when you last dabbled, but when I last saw Yugioh cards (Over 5 years ago now I think) they were releasing cards that were so dependent on other card's of the same sort being in your deck, this was a huge turn off for me being told what card I HAD to include just to get the full power of a pre-determined build (Since back when I first played many many years ago most cards were just taken at their own value and it was a matter of building elaborate combinations of trap, magic and monster effects), hopefully this isn't still the trend they have been following.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,625 posts
Yep, I feel the same way about Magic. Yuigoh allows for much more strategy, I find. :)

Last really played ten years ago but I'm getting back into it now that I've finally found a place I can go to to play. You can still use the old strategies. I've built my current deck using the old tactics but with a lot of newer cards. Granted, it doesn't use synchros or anything but, in my test runs, it works extremely well. I use chain summoning to allow me to summon a lot of my best cards in a single turn, along with cards that recover fusion materials. If you'd like, I can start up a thread for it and we can go into it in more detail. :)

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

As interesting as that sounds, I don't think I am up to date enough with the current meta to judge or even keep up with your build decisions sadly ^^".

Though I do strongly suggest throwing some 2 or 3 star tuners (tuneners?) in there because suddenly throwing out a powerful 6-7 star synchro can be pretty powerful, as unlike your fusion/ritual monsters (Which can be tricky to piece together)  you have access to your entire synchro pool at all times it can help you bring out just the right card for the right situation (If I recall this was the case, I never really had much of a chance to try this out). The Synchro system is one of the "newer" additions I really liked the concept of, it gives both players access to a multitude of tools exponentially increasing the number of possible plays.

Visceral Moonlight

Visceral Moonlight

Baby Gator

• Wild Nuts
  • 11,625 posts
Yeah, I really need to get some synchos. Don't have any in my entire collection. :P

I've got a plethora of tricks I use to summon my fusion monsters. I run a spellcaster-dragon combo as my primary deck and I use various tools to help with summoning such as Skilled Dark Magician, Pitch-Black Power Stone, Herald of Creation, and Dark Hex Sealed Fusion combined with Fusion Recovery. Those tools really help with getting my main cards on the field fast. :)

The main summoning monsters being level 4 or lower and having good stats is just icing on the cake. :)

AmoebaMan

AmoebaMan

Amoeba

• FOMO-High Rock
  • 6 posts

Hey guys

You've been super helpful finding resources and I think we both really appreciate that. If you guys could help me with the direnni tower that would really be appreciated. I was looking at maybe taking a design along the lines of the Basílica de la Sagrada Família in barcelona. Like somewhat other worldly. If it can be modular that would be better I think. What do you guys reckon? If you guys have any ideas i'm open to any and all suggestions

38b42de3316d2bb35843d2a819537952.jpg

I'm just finishing up modelling a Kelp mesh for Sifonseal, I'll try the tower for my next project.

Also, do you want just one huge tower, or one huger tower with some smaller towers at its base?

Also, have a look through this thread, it's a good read on the subject of the tower.

http://www.darkcreat...-tower/?page=10

thanks gep. Me and sifon were talking and we're thinking if we can do it modular that would be the best result but more effort. whatever you find would be super helpful though

I got permission to use Mr_Siika's Minas Tirith Tileset (what the beyond skyrim team are using for the Tower), so that would probably be a good tileset to use. I've moved onto elven meshes for Summerset Isles at the moment, but I'll come back to this later if the mr_siika meshes don't work out :)

sweet as. I think that could be a good starting point and we'll see how we go.

Merc55

Merc55

Amoeba

• 5 posts

Is this mod based on TWMP?

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

Yup the mod will be based on TWMP ^^.

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

Alrighty, finally got that High Rock Armours, Clothes and Weapons resource list all sorted out. Sorry for the delay on that Visceral ^^". You will notice I invited yourself, gep and Amoeba to a group conversation where we can keep better track of resources for High Rock all in one neat place ^^!

CinnabunSoul

CinnabunSoul

Amoeba

• 2 posts

Wow I had no idea there was so much going on in the Oblivion modding scene! This stuff is great!

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

There is indeed ^^. There's just some many things that make Oblivion quaintly endearing, Cyrodiil just lets you feel at home, while I would prefer to visit Skyrim's frozen peaks or Morrowind alien landscapes. I feel that this is one of the many reasons so many long term modders chose to mod for Oblivion rather than Skyrim or Morrowind, naturally I could go on and list a bunch of other reasons both subjective and objective that made me decide that Oblivion modding was the place for me.

Don't hold your breath for larger province mods thought, there's no telling how long those might be, still, there's quality mods popping up ^^.

Thanks for your support, always nice to see people are keeping an eye out for W.I.P mods ^^.

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

So I have an issue I want some more input on from anyone interested, as some might already know, while we used TWMP as a base for the landmass the small amount of use-able (I.e not a near vertical cliff side) space in High Rock made it difficult to do much with, as such the western coast was pushed back a fair bit.

Recently I pushed it back even further and it resulted in basically double the original width in a large part of the High Rock peninsula, in parts it would be as thick is Hammerfell... would you consider this being too liberal with the landmass? Considering that TWMP is already quite different from the mapped High Rocks and the fact that maps aren't always the most consistent or accurate it might be something we can get away with?

I simply wanted to be able to incorporate lakes and valleys into parts of High Rock, which is simply impossible with its current geography as laid out by TWMP.

Or should we simply try to do what we can with the cliff sides that are there, would that suit High Rock more than a combination of cliffs, hills and valleys? 

Any thoughts?

Edited by Sifonseal, 30 July 2016 - 02:42 AM.

Envy123

Envy123

Fluffy Alligator named Frog

• Valenwood Islands
    • Elsweyr Pellitine
    • Black Marsh
  • 559 posts

I'd personally look at Beyond Skyrim for inspiration. Their heightmap does have more space, definitely, but not enough to accurately 100% convey the landscape due to limited space.

Daggerfall Dev

Daggerfall Dev

Octopus Commander

• 111 posts

I'd personally look at Beyond Skyrim for inspiration. Their heightmap does have more space, definitely, but not enough to accurately 100% convey the landscape due to limited space.

Beyond Skyrim is definitely a good place to gather some inspiration, That's where I get most of mine!  ;) 

Hammerfell Daggerfall Hammerfell Daggerfall Hammerfell Daggerfall Hammerfell Daggerfall Hammerfell ---- Say that 10x fast ;)

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

So far as I can tell Beyond Skyrim threw the more mountainous nature of High Rock out the window for much of the Glenumbra peninsula in favour of building hills and the marshes more effectively. And looking at their map it seems they also decided that High Rock actually needed to be as wide as Hammerfell in some parts (In fact it looks like their High Rock is actually bigger than Hammerfell in total area, or close to it at least ^^'), and given how TWMP already expanded the Morrowind region to line up with the scale of Vvardenfell from MorroBlivion and in the process made TWMP Skyrim taller than it should be as well, I guess there is no reason to not expand High Rock in our project as well. 

Thanks for the input guys ^^.

Edited by Sifonseal, 12 August 2016 - 06:32 AM.

Usher7r

Usher7r

Cave Bear

• PRISM
  • 54 posts

How's going? ;)

Edited by Usher7r, 23 October 2016 - 10:53 AM.

Sifonseal

Sifonseal

Octopus Commander

• FOMO-High Rock
    • FOMO
    • FOMO - Craftybits
    • Black Marsh
  • 171 posts

Moving along slowly over here. I have mostly been focusing on my Summerset Isles recently (That all finishing up all my other mods so I can focus on the big two). Much progress for the Summerset Isles though, I should probably upload some screenshots soon ^^". However Amoebaman has made a lot of progress on Wayrest city for FOMO High Rock, I think he has some screenshots as well but just hasn't uploaded them yet. Have no worries, we will get there ^^.

Edited by Sifonseal, 23 October 2016 - 03:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users