• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
TheDarkListener34

ESO Dark Brotherhood Armor/Robes Replacers DBC

Hello, everyone. I have a request if anyone can make the ESO Dark Brotherhood Armor/Robes Replacers for Oblivion?

Behold-the-Dark-Brotherhood-Arms-and-Arm

Dark-Brotherhood-Armor-Elder-Scrolls-Onl

This looks so much better than Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood armors/robes. The Robes in Skyrim look like they were clowns and it look like to me it wasn't even the same as the Oblivion Shrouded Armor. Since ESO's Dark Brotherhood it seems they have different variants of this Armor/Robes. But it looks awesome. Should retexture to Black.

Edited by TheDarkListener34

That does look awesome and I like the red.

It does look awesome huh? haha, but what if there was a red and black retexture :P 

Anyways I really love this armor

So, would any of the DBC team make this armor/Robes? I know it's going to be awhile though.

I think it should be on depending what rank you are. Different Variants

A set similar to this would probably make the most sense as a unique armor for Skyrim rather than a replacer for Oblivion's. Probably nicking the Black Hand symbol from the shield, because advertising that is a very bad idea.

I would say this design makes more sense for Oblivion than Skyrim, because ESO takes place in the second era and has the DB is situated in Cyrodiil.

Edited by Vincent

I would say this design makes more sense for Oblivion than Skyrim, because ESO takes place in the second era and has the DB is situated in Cyrodiil.

I agree.

However, I'm not sure if the weapons are lore friendly. Aren't they?

Visually there is only a problem with openly wearing a symbol of the Dark Brotherhood. In terms of lore: TESO's number of inconsistencies does go a long way towards making using similar art assets for equipment need little justification. But I would maintain that a replacement is outside of our scope, whereas a nod to the game by featuring a separate set could be very poignant — I could easily write the recovery of ancient equipment into the Dark Brotherhood side of Consequences.

It could just as easily be featured in Skyrim if we assume that dark brothers and sisters fleeing north managed to salvage something before the fall of the last sanctuaries. They would certainly look better that way.

I don't think Bethesda was ever too worried about openly displaying Black Hand symbols, with the shrouded armor in both Oblivion and Skyrim featuring it in some capacity, and the shrouded robes in Skyrim having a giant Black Hand right in the middle of the chest and back.

Back to the discussion of the armor, if someone is willing to part with the midnight blue texture she's been clamoring for, perhaps we would make the one I already made look like this one when we do the texture.