• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Munch Universe

Craftybits 0.811 Bug Reports

Hi everyone,

I'm back from my trip. Reaper, thanks for the bug reports. I think we need to work together to figure out what exactly went wrong. At least part of it is that your CB key broke. There are a number of other systems which hang together with the cb key system, so it sort of makes sense that several systems would get broken.

I assume if you go back to an earlier save, you no longer have the bugs, correct? It sounds like your problems started with the fish. It is possible the conversion of the fish messed up your CB key due to a failed conversion. I set scripts up so that they shouldn't care if the wrong item is converted, but sometimes there is a way to mess them up anyway. Trying to convert a fish from another mod might be one way to do that, but I'd have to run some tests to be sure.

To explain how the fish are supposed to work, there are two possibilities in CB, fish trapping and diving after fish with the fish spear. In both cases the product is a creature fish, which bends and moves naturally in the game world, though it is dead and doesn't move under its own power. Those are the type you can skin. In order to make it possible for you to pick up a fish into your inventory, Setsuna devised the CB key system. When the fish has been CB keyed, it turns into a stiff, static model that is a bit like a fish which has been prepared for hanging on a plaque on the wall. This kind of fish can be picked up into your inventory and sold to merchants.

In order to skin such a fish, you need to convert it batch into the creature type by pressing the CB key again. My recent tests have converted the static fish to the creature fish because I can add them to the player inventory with a console command. That appears to work, at least in my hands. I'm less sure that a conversion from a creature fish to a static fish is working. Please let me know what kind of fish you converted. If you can open the console and get its form ID, that would be really helpful. It is an 8 digit number like 09000f15. The first two digits reveal which mod the fish comes from. If you have Wrye bash running, you can look at your load order list to see which mod, since it depends on your load order. I can explain the details if this isn't enough for you.

The fishing spear is a relatively old system which I haven't tested recently. I'll put it to a test and see if I can find a problem with it. What sometimes happens is that an old bug which didn't used to show up does now, either because the conditions are right or because the CSE now spots the problem and prevents compilation of the script. So sometimes things which worked fine in the past, like the fishing spear, might become bugged, even though the code of the script didn't change at all.

I think there is a very good chance that you found one serious bug, probably in the fish conversion system, which has messed up your other things because the cb key isn't doing what it is supposed to any longer. I'm not certain, maybe there are a number of bugs present, but for the moment I'm guessing there is only one. If we can clear it up, you should be back to normal. Thanks for the reports and sorry you had to wait a bit until I could answer.

Hi munch making a spear works fine can i fish with the spear and how it shows me while in my inventory Charge 0/0 Uses : 0

I had a look at the fishing spear. What you see is how the fishing spear is by design. It doesn't use charges because it is a natural, non-magical weapon. The only way to give the spear a bonus that only works against fish was to use an "enchantment" but since it uses no charges, it also needs none.

In order to get the bonus, two conditions must be fulfilled. The creature must have "fish" in its name and its scale must be less than 1.3. If you play with OOO, for example, OOO scales up some of the slaughterfish to a huge size, probably 5x normal or more. These are unaffected by the fishing spear, aside from the normal damage it does. Also note that some fish don't have "fish" in their name, like "mullet" or "blue shark", so the scheme misses some creatures it really should affect. At the same time, if someone introduced a giant silverfish into the game as a monster, the spear would work against it like it was a fish. I may look for a way to tighten this up.

Did you experience any problems with the spear? You were right to call my attention to the problem, even if it turned out not to be a real problem. It definitely looks suspicious.

I detected and eliminated a rare bug in the smithing system related to melting down weapons and armor. The melting down system uses the names you see on the screen to identify items and can modify those names to ignore certain parts like rusty, ruined, worn and fine. This works fine under normal circumstances, so I was surprised to find that an attempt to melt down a rusty iron mace failed because the recipe couldn't be found. 

The reason it failed is because I turned on the function in Wrye Bash in the patch that appends a letter onto the beginning of a name to reflect a weapon type. So instead of the name being "Rusty Iron Mace" on screen, it was "E Rusty Iron Mace". Because the routine I designed assumed that rusty was going to be at the beginning of the name, it failed to recognize "E Rusty Iron Mace". This wasn't hard to fix, I just had to use a more robust scheme to look for "rusty" anywhere in the name and to ignore everything before "rusty" ends. I'll include this fix in the next release. If anyone needs it sooner, let me know.

New bugs detected in the smithing system. If anyone can confirm or can't observe them, please report.

Using the forge in Cloud Ruler Temple I'm seeing a ray of flame from the forge to the door. This is probably caused by a missing node in the invisible forge top mesh. If you test a forge and see a streak of flame leaving the forge, please let me know, since it proves that my observation is not restricted to my load order and machine.

When choosing something to make after adding barstock to the forge, the token goes into the player's inventory(which is normal) but then fails to remove itself. The result is that when you finish forging, you have your new lapidary equipment, for example, and a lapidary equipment token which looks the same but has different values. I'm not sure what happens if you just drop the token but it isn't how the system is supposed to work. I figured out how to fix it and am implementing it, but it requires a tweak to every token script in the game.

EDIT: attached screenshot shows the problem in the context of a slightly visible forge top. The normal forge top is completely invisible.

post-5639-0-23272900-1471608268_thumb.png

CBFix-Forges_18082016MU.esp

Edited by Munch Universe
Added screenshot to demonstrate bug, patch

Another bug. If you add a flavored marinade to meat, it fails to flavor the meat like it should. It has been fixed and will be part of 0.811.5 when released.

Edited by Munch Universe

Hi Munch tell me in craftybit i,m also a tester i test all the recipes and so on for Munch and i love to help but came upon some more problems these are the recipes thats not working or am i doing something wrong

Muffin mix

Soap mix

Bonelaminades

Slaughterfish chowder mix and all the soups

The soup mix mentions a mellon is that the watermellon the is in oblivion allready from merchants or am i just a dummy again pls if you can help me by telling me if i use the wrong ingredient in these recipes

And all the pies too.

The Unblackberry pie

Un shepard pie

Un cottage pie

Un bretton pie

Un apple pie

All of these seem to be not working

All the dough that can be mase is working fine i,ve made every dough thats on the reference guide and they all working thats all all the dough recipes

Reaper590

All the dough that can be mase is working fine i,ve made every dough thats on the reference guide and they all working thats all all the dough recipes

Reaper590

Sorry the message whas supposed to be for sifonseal and he told me to send it to u but i did copied and paste sorry munch

Still me testing i tried to make fb tomato egg 3 times in a row still i get ham sandwiches none of the fb works exept the fb plain and fb pie they work

Regards reaper590

Hi Reaper, I'll check the things you mentioned and get back to you with my observations. I collected your messages into one so it is easier for me to reference:

Broken recipes:

• Muffin mix

Recipe appears to have been lost or forgotten, I will add it.

EDIT: Fixed, tested successfully.

• Soap mix

Probably fixed by fixing the flatbread problem below. Please let me know if you can verify this is fixed once you get CB 0.811.5 (not yet released).

EDIT: Fixed, tested successfully. The mix is made in the bowl and is a potion. I had to look for awhile before I found it when transferring it to the cooking pot. It may be possible to make soap mix using 0.811.4 but you probably can't cook it in the pot.

• Bone laminates

It looks like it should work, but there is no way to make resin. I fixed it by adding the recipe to the cook bowl. I'll add it to the dye vat as well, since that is more meant for "industrial" sort of processes. I just tested the bowl fix and it worked. Where did you get the resin to make the bone laminates? Maybe it doesn't work, since the recipe is pretty complex, working by weight instead of number. One thing to check is that you have at least 1 full feather worth of bones and one full feather of skins or pelts. For both the bones and the skins/pelts, they probably have to be the same type to be counted, otherwise the pot thinks there are 4 or more ingredients. This might be too complex, so I'll have a look and possibly simplify the recipe.

I have added a bunch of recipes to the dye vat but they are not yet documented in the Ref Guide. Anything which seems sort of "industrial" (involving products which you don't eat) can be done in the dye vat now.

EDIT: Fix successful. The problem was that CBResin has a weight of 0.2, which led to a problem when the ingredients were compared to determine if there is enough of everything. I added a special clause that treats 0.2 feathers of resin as if it were 1 feather per unit, which fixed the problem. 

• Slaughterfish chowder mix and all the soups

Slaughterfish chowder can't be made due to the order of the recipes. Fixed in the next version. Golden soup and frumente I tested recently and worked. I'll try again to make sure.

EDIT: Fix successful.

• The soup mix mentions a melon is that the watermelon the is in oblivion already from merchants? 

The watermelon is the standard Oblivion watermelon which you can buy from merchants. CB does not add a special watermelon. The problem, in that case, is that the watermelon may not fit in the bowl properly. What you probably need to do is to drop the watermelon into the bowl, then gently lift it out again and place it next to the bowl so that something else will fit. As long as it stays within 45 units of the center of the bowl, it is still considered "in" the bowl, which includes the area right around, but outside, the bowl itself. Maybe I need to think of a better way to handle this.

You can use a watermelon instead of clean water, if you don't happen to have clean water available. That is not normally the case, but is really useful on Isla Delphi from Marooned. To be really clear, use a watermelon or clean water, not both.

• fb tomato egg: i get ham sandwiches

If you get something different than you expect, it is caused by an error in the array. There was a minor flaw in the ingredient array which caused Ham not to be recognized. It will be fixed in the next version. The flaw caused a chain reaction so that any recipe after it fails, which includes all the flatbreads and soap mix. So I believe they will all be fixed in the next version.

• none of the fb works except the plain and pie

Might have been an order problem. I made a fix and will test to see if it worked.

Tested and working recipes:

• all dough recipes listed in the ref guide
  • fb plain and fb pie

Thank you for including this. It is as useful to me as a negative report, since I now know that these recipes work. Some are a bit strange and might not have worked.

Edited by Munch Universe
updated current state of fixes

Still me testing i tried to make fb tomato egg 3 times in a row still i get ham sandwiches none of the fb works exept the fb plain and fb pie they work

Regards reaper590

The recipe is missing for resin. I've fixed it in the new version, but you don't have it yet. Same goes for the flatbreads, I think they will work in the new version, but not until you get the new version. I'll contact you per PM to arrange a transfer.

I sorry maybe i dont understand are you saying the soap works because i have tried maybe i,m doing it wrong but with me its not working but i,ll try again

In CB 0.811.4 soap does not work. I fixed it in the next version, but indirectly by fixing something else.

The only thing you mentioned that doesn't work that might work if done right is the bone laminates. If you can find resin somewhere, or open the console and type:

player.additem xx015581 1

where xx is the position of CLS-Craftybits.esm in your load order, counting from 0 or as shown by Wrye Bash. It must be two digits, so add a leading 0 if it is under 10, as in 08 for the ninth mod in the list.

That will add 1 unit of resin to your inventory. If you add that and 1 feather of bones and 1 feather of skins/pelts, all of the same type, the bone laminate recipe will probably work. Use the dye vat or the cooking pot. The dye vat must be converted to a container with grab + activate before you can open it and add anything to it and it needs to be near a fire, like the pot. Since the cooking vessels all use the CB key, I think I may change the dye vat to use that instead, since it seems stupid to use two different mechanisms to do the same thing.

Tomorrow or Friday I'll run a few more tests and pack up my version, then replace the CB 0.811.4 version with the 0.811.5 version. I'll post a note here when that has happened.

Hi munch making bait does not seem to work either setting the fletching board to (bait) and adding the ingredients in the guide but still nothing.
If I'm correct, I'm supposed to put on, lets say wolf bait, 1 mutton or 3 and 2 eggs mutton is ingredient (1) and eggs ingredient (2). Is that correct?
Regards reaper590

Edited by Munch Universe
edited to make it easier for others to read

Brewing.

These are the ales that are not working

Honey ale.

Strawberry ale.

Wheat/rice and hops.

Wheat/rice.

Strawberries.

Brewing that does work are.

Grapes.

Blackberries.

Apples.

Regards reaper590

• Like 1

I'll have a look at the bait problems and find a solution. To make wolf bait, you need a stack of 3 mutton and 2 eggs. When I have a look, I think I'll change it so that you get 3 or 5 wolf baits from this recipe, since that is a lot of expensive ingredients to catch one mangy wolf.

Thanks for testing each of the brewing recipes. I have tested grapes, blackberries and apples in the past and assumed the rest worked. Turns out that was exactly wrong. I should be able to fix it pretty easily.

Edited by Munch Universe

Please see the Download section and download the newest version CB0.811.4b. This is just a temporary version to share the fixes until I can complete a few more changes and make 0.811.5 out of it. Reaper590, if you get a chance, please test the newest version to see if your first set of problems are solved. I have not yet addressed brewing or the fletching board, but all the problems you mention in the first group have been fixed. I tested each one, so that they should also work for you, but if they don't, that is important. A few were not so easy for me, so you might need to try twice. If something seems like it should work, remove everything from the bowl or pot or whatever, convert the cooking vessel back to its MISC form, then back into a container or activator form. By doing that, you clear out all the old data and allow the script to start fresh. 

The cooking plate has a problem where you can cook something once, then the plate refuses to react to anything new until you convert it to a plate and back to the cooking plate again. I haven't found the solution yet, but I thought I would share what I have until the other fixes are finished.

Thank u so much munch for all the hard work u put into craftybits we only test and complain hahaha and u do the hard work thanks again for a wonderful mod.