Munch Universe

Craftybits 0.811 Bug Reports

Hi Reaper590,

Don't worry about it. Sometimes on the Nexus people come along with an unrealistic set of expectations that then only complain if you don't remake your mod they way they want to have it. But you are not even close to being like that. Instead, you are finding all the bugs hiding in places I never looked. There is just too much to try out so that I can't do it all myself. I really appreciate you testing things systematically and letting me know what is broken. You are helping a lot to make the mod a lot more wonderful, since every system which doesn't work as it should is something that will upset most players more than several systems that work will make them happy.

I started to work on the fletching board. It is broken, as you thought. I think I fixed it already. One thing about it that I really don't like is that it is order of addition dependent. You must first add 3 mutton, then 2 eggs. If you first drop the eggs on the board, then add the mutton, you get nothing. I'm going to fix that while I'm working on it. Turns out, though, that making one batch of wolf bait produces 10 wolf bait items, so it is better than I thought.

One idea I had in working on it is that the recipes are very bowl-like. Why would you need a special board to mix bait? What do you think if I were to eliminate the fletching board (bait) and move the recipes to the cooking bowl instead? Back in the old days it made sense to separate them because the scripts could only be so long and we already had too many things in the bowl. But that limitation can be bypassed now, so that it would be easy to add the recipes to the bowl. 

EDIT: The attached esp should fix the board for you. Place it late in your load order. This version is order of addition independent.

CBFix_BoardBait_25082016MU.esp

Edited by Munch Universe
added fix

Tell me the fix 811.4b that i downloade should i still use the bsa from 810.3 as i did with 811.4 or something like that Reaper590

To the cooking bowl aound like a much better idea if u think realistic making bait on a board only joking munch that really sounds like a better idea.

Reaper590

I added 811.4b should i still put the bsa in from 810.3 because the cooking pot and plate really seems to be broken thanks.

Reaper590

Hi Reaper590,

download the 0.811.4b version and use it to overwrite the CLS-Craftybits.esm and CLS-Craftybits.esp. Leave the CLS-Craftybits.bsa from 0.811.0 in place, since you still need it.

Once that is set up, you can download and add CBFix_BoardBait_25082016MU.esp and activate it in your load order.

In my hands the plate has a problem with fire searching which leads to lots of console spam and perhaps low fps, but the things you found all work. I'm still working on fixing the fire search problem but will probably have it solved soon.

If you are still having trouble after following these instructions, let me know and we'll see if we can figure out why.

EDIT: There is a mistake in the cooking plate which causes anything you cook on it to turn into a muffin once it is finished. I figured out where the problem is and will have it corrected soon.

Edited by Munch Universe

Hi munch i downloaded 811.4b i did put it in but only the the unclean water seems to be working in the cooking pot the cheese mix does not work because i add (1)cheeseix and (1)motherwortsprig but its not doing anything i tried a few times but nothing

O sorry i a dummy again i put the wrong sauce in hahahah so sorry munch will keep testing i added the board fix last nigth and added (3)mutton and (2)eggs but why could i not get wolf bait then i tried (3)beef but still nothing

What kind of leaves are we talking about sorry for asking but the guide just says leaves for making Deer bait can it be primrose leaves or is there other leaves

I'll try the wolf bait again to see if there is a problem with it. The fix is in the extra esp earlier in this thread. In 0.811.4b making bait is broken until you add the CBFix-Bait esp.

The script looks for anything with "leaves" in its name. It doesn't matter what mod it comes from. Candidates are Lily of the Valley Leaves, Fox Glove Leaves, St. John's Wort Leaves, Willow Leaves, Wormwood Leaves, Lady's Mantle Leaves, Aloe Vera Leaves, Vipers Bugloss Leaves, Hyacinth Leaves, Primose Leaves and Lady's Smock Leaves. Some of these are alternate products you can harvest from plants when you CB key them. This does not work after the main product has been harvested, so you must first use the CB key on Water Hyacinth, for example, then activate to get the usual goody from the plant.

Edited by Munch Universe

Hi i need to please ask of u to check if indeed there are meshes missing from the craftybits planting gathering you see munch every time i take the hoe or shovel to plant vegetables or flowers it make it yellow every where luckily i save before i do that but with my previous saved game that i,m playing with my whole place is yellow where i planted vegetables it whas fine until i added 811.4 when it replaced the files of 810.3 that's when planting became a problem now every where i tried to plant vegetables is yellow if this can't be fixed I'll have to start a new game.

Reaper590

And i have been playing with this saved game for the last year now to lose this saves will be a real shame thank u if you can help me with this problem.

Reaper590

It should be easy to fix. Maybe planting relies on files which are not packed into the bsa at the moment. I attached a file which includes all the sprigs in the right location Data/meshes/craftybits. You can install it with a mod manager or unpack it and move the files into this location.

If this fixes some of your problems but not all of them, try to figure out what is missing. Maybe you can open the console, click on the missing object and see a name. It might not work, but if it does it will be easier. If you don't get a name and a code like FF000337, it doesn't really tell us anything useful so you'll have to describe what you are looking at or send a screenshot.

Edited by Munch Universe
file deleted

What i mean if u take the hoe or shovel and try to plant outside it tells me this looks like a good spot to plant but as soon as it's dine i move back and everything is one big yellow triangle where i digged so there is a mesh or texture missing thanks

I added three more meshes to the pack. Download and install as explained above. I think this will fix the problem. I'm not sure what caused it, but it is more important to find a solution first, then we can worry about what caused it.

Once I get a little more bug killing done, I'll pack everything up into a full installation pack to ensure something like this is impossible.

EDIT: Pack deleted, download updated version later in this thread.

Edited by Munch Universe
attachment deleted

Yes i will do that but it's all the seeds and vegetables mentioned in the guide of gtaftybits that does that but I'm going to unpack the files and see if the problem goes away thank u sooooo much munch.

Reaper590

I did exactly as you described and it replaced some files like it should so i will check to see if it works thank u

Yes i will do that but it's all the seeds and vegetables mentioned in the guide of gtaftybits that does that but I'm going to unpack the files and see if the problem goes away thank u sooooo much munch.

Reaper590 

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking, assuming you are asking something. But I'll guess you want clearer instructions about how to make deer bait.

On the Fletching Board(bait) add an apple and a stack of 2 leaves of any type, but they must both be of the same type or they will not stack. Stacks of 2 are sometimes hard to create because the game engine occasionally separates them into 2 items. You need to keep trying until you can create a stack. Using the new CBFix, it doesn't matter if you add the apple first and the leaves second or the other way around. I haven't tested this one myself, so it is possible it is not working right.

There are a few ingredients with "leaves" in their name which aren't really what you would expect, like a lily of the valley leave powder, but it will still work for this purpose.

Keep me informed of your experience with farming. It is a tricky system which probably still has some bugs. 

I think I made a breakthrough on the plate. The problem is pretty technical, but pretty interesting, so I may write up an explanation in the team forum. Perhaps today I'll be ready to release the next version.

Hi munch maybe it's nothing but after repacing the files with 811.4b the cooking pot gives me problems I've converted it back to a plate and covered pot and back again I've even reset the cb keys but still not working I've checked and it's not my imagination but with the previous wood or graftybits we use to get get charcoal and ash now we only get ash no charcoal could that be the reason thanks.

Reaper590

Hi Reaper,

It was attentive of you to notice that you are not getting charcoal, but there is a different explanation. For each unit of firewood you burn, you get 2 ash and 0.17 units of charcoal. So until you burn 6 pieces of firewood, you get no charcoal because it hasn't reached the threshold of 1 yet.

I my hands the pot and plate are working fine. I tested them both about 30 times this morning trying to get the plate to work like I want it to. I'm sure you are having real trouble with it, I just don't know why. A possible explanation is that it has something to do with the fire. I keep reloading the same save to do each test from the same conditions. I'm using a campfire, in each case the campfire has already been made but the fire is not yet burning. The first thing I do is light the fire with a fireball. What kind of a fire are you using?

Do your plates or pots flash red when they get near the fire? If yes, do you see them flash white when the are too far away, if you drag one along the ground? Do you see anything in the console that looks useful?

If you install ConScribe, it makes a log of each entry in the console. Since you normally can only scroll back about 3 pages, that can be really useful when there are a lot of messages. If you were to install ConScribe, 7zip your file and attach it to a reply, I'd have a lot more information to work from. With more information, I can probably isolate the problem very quickly.

If that is too inconvenient, hopefully later today I'll be done with a new version of the plate system, which might just fix your problem without us really knowing exactly what it is.

Edited by Munch Universe

And thank u munch the problem whas solved with the planting files you gave me u a true oblivion Hero 😀

In my hands, if I find a hoe, convert it into a weapon with the cb key, equip it and swing at the ground, I get a lump of soil appearing. I don't see the pink triangle, though it is present, just hidden under normal circumstances.

What is failing in my hands is planting. I pick some grapes and drop them on the soil. That should be all it takes to get the plant going, but the soil is inert. I'll debug it and get it working again.

EDIT: The attached file should fix farming for you, at least it did for me. 

Turns out I was being too careful and built in code to ensure that the right version of the array was loaded before farming would run. Foolishly, it did not include a warning as to what the problem was. Now that I have the auto-update system in place and working, it is no longer necessary for each subsystem to do its own checking. The problem was that I updated one of the arrays but forgot to update the value it was being checked against, so the script just stopped. This version includes a console warning if the arrays are not loaded, but otherwise relies on the auto-update.

CBFix-Farming_26082016MU.7z

Edited by Munch Universe

Okay let me start by saying the file i downloaded for the farming works but as soon as the soil pops up its purple only the soil is purple theres no triangle and when i drop the seeds(grapes or anything else it's not working.

And the cooking plate and cooking pot does not flash red or when i remove it from the fire it does not glow white or anything there's just nothing even after converting it and loading a previous saved game or resetting cb key's it's just not working at all.

Reaper590

For instance where the soil should be brown colour mine is purple and does not exept any seeds,fruit,vegetables or anything i use to get a message saying that i planted something but now nothing thanks