• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Linode Critical Maintenance   01/10/2018

Phase 1 is complete. There will be a second round once Linode gets a patch. I have updated the forum thread -  please see my post here.
Munch Universe

Craftybits 0.811 Bug Reports

Hey there, just did some testing for 0.812. The forge system has seen improvement from what I can gather - such as now being able to place the crucible into the forge when in portable mode (previously I was only able to do so when it was set as a permanent forge)

Primitive crafting sadly, at least for me, is still broken. Whenever I try to create rock-based arrowheads it never functions.

I tested using a regular old chert core and the smithing hammer. After around 30 or so hits with the hammer no results occurred, not even a failure or a successful craft. The core did light up indicating it was being struck, but it merely hung there with no results registering. I've done this before in the .7 version and it worked after only around 5-6 hits which to me sounds normal. I've done a previous attempt with an alternate install of .812 and after around 300+ hits (I counted lol) no results occurred, with similar materials.

Also occurs when I try to make stone knives or generally anything involving the primitive materials. I am generally new with this mod however, so it may be just inexperience with the features too, I'm not too sure.

I will investigate the other vocations to see if they function normally. Gathering wooden materials from trees as well as yurt creation functions as it should, by the way. Very neat too :)

Hey Ingernus,

Thanks for the findings, honestly the more areas of the mod you can check up on the better, having more recent testing data is a huge help to us right now ^^.

Munch has been a bit tied up with other project commitments and life in general recently, so proper technical responses may be delayed, just a heads up.

Updates:

1. Wood gathering (eg. attacking trees for resources, etc.) functions as normal. Same goes for converting such components into other objects like barrels and firewood.
  2. The portable forge / smelting: just discovered that the forge may be bugged (at least for me) - the crucible doesn't auto-place itself upon activation once converted using the CB key; the forge itself (even with the proper number of ores in crucible + around 27 pieces of fuel) claims that it is out of fuel.
  3. Further info + confirmation with primitive crafting: tried using a hammerstone on another to make a stone knife, prompt on item creation choice was given but again merely flashed white when struck, no results obtained.
  4. Plant harvesting: having some minor difficulties in gathering harrada; went directly into an Oblivion Gate and attempted harvesting one and the prompt stating that there aren't any ingredients to harvest came up (makes no sense considering this is a fresh gate that was undiscovered). Quite possibly just doing the operation wrong on my end so take this with a grain of salt.

All that I have tried so far. Will give cooking a go in a few.

Edited by 0Infernus0

Primitive crafting certainly can work, so the question is why it isn't working in your hands, rather than if there is a bug in the system which affects everyone.

If you post your load order, perhaps I can spot something which might account for it. The most likely explanation is any mod that messes with grabbing. A mod which changes grabbing tends to "hide" grabbing from other mods. Since CB is very dependent on grabbing, that could be the problem. Also mods which change a lot of key assignments can cause trouble. When using CB, it is usually best to skip other mods which extend the key commands.

Did you download the pack here from TAL? One possibility I'm not quite clear on is whether that pack is really complete or not. I made it with TES4Files, which is pretty good but in the past I have found that it can miss files. If there is a problem, it will most likely be in the form of a purple or yellow image where something should be in-game, but is missing. Please let me know if you see anything of that sort. There is a small chance that this could also be part of the problem, if the program is looking for an object which is missing and the script aborts rather than shows a purple or yellow image.

I'll try to check back here at least once a day. Feel free to PM me to let me know if you post a message here so that I know to check.

EDIT: Follow up on the fresh observations:
1) thanks for the positive news. Sometimes that is as helpful as having the bugs pointed out.
2) Forges tend to be a little tricky at first. It might require a reset. I can work with you to get that to happen, but let's first solve the simpler problems.
3) What you describe sounds like it is working as it should, only not finishing. Have a look in the console, perhaps it is supply additional information that might help us. In CB 0.7 primitive crafting needed a fixed number of hits. In CB 0.8, it requires a variable number, which can be surprisingly high if you are unlucky enough. 30 swings really should be more than enough, even if you are getting unlikely, but 20 might be fairly normal in the early going.
4) Harrada is available from some, but not all, harrada vines. Keep looking. This is true for a new gate or an old one.

Edited by Munch Universe
Follow-up to questions

I actually used BOSS to generate a "decent" load order for the mods I have listed. I do have Deadly Reflex installed but not active to avoid any sort of key conflicts.

Wasn't aware the primitive crafting was set to a variable amount. Makes sense now.

My current load order:

oblivion_load_order.rtf

I have acquired this from TAL so that isn't an issue as far as I know. I do want to point out though that I'm getting that yellow and purple image with the Hide Glue item in-game (curiously, it was only in the bartering menus, not in the physical game world - they appeared with their proper models, although the Hide Glue model had a little fleck of purple hidden on the edges) There were a couple more but I forget which ones off the top of my head currently.

Another update in regards to cooking - I can't convert tan plates into cooking plates using the CB key. I even reset the key and retried to no avail. The odd part is that cooking pots function normally so this is a curious anomaly.

I'll try to track down the other missing items and post them here. Thank you :)

EDIT: The Wooden Slat item in the menu also has a missing image but appears normal when in the game world. Strange.

Edited by 0Infernus0

Delete CB-Weights_Hard.esp from your load order. It has since been built into CB 0.812 and is therefore no longer necessary. It is fairly likely that will solve most or all of your problems, since it overwrites a couple of key scripts.

That is a very modest mod order you have there. Ideal for testing purposes but unusual for someone with the experience you seem to have. If nothing else, you may wish to consider one or more mods to handle eating, sleeping and thirst so that the cooking really serves a purpose. The two major options in that area are the Real... set by Abo or Basic Primary Needs. I prefer the former but the latter is a little more modern and prettier. I can help you customize the bars that show hunger, thirst and need for sleep, should you decide on BPN.

Thanks for the feedback on the missing objects. Once again TES4Files seems to have missed some things. A full file set I have on my machine is literally twice the size of the one I made available for download here, though the obvious solution would be to just add everything. If I understood what causes TES4Files to miss particular ones, I could probably fix it with just a handful of files. If it isn't asking too much, could you take notes on what seems wrong? Ideally we could fix the problems one at a time, which would leave the download as small as it can be but complete.

So far it sounds like something is wrong with the Hide glue model and the wooden slat icon. I'll upload those to the files section, you can fix them and we'll go from there. This could prove to be a long process, but I don't really know any other way to get the desired results. 

EDIT: Attached file includes the hide glue nif and the wooden slat icon. Unzip and place it in your Bethesda Softworks folder, where it should merge with your Data folder. When asked, allow the merge to take place. If you see any problems with the hide glue or wooden slat icon in game, let me know and we'll try again. The icon really must work but the hide glue nif might be alright and only a texture is missing, in which case this won't help.

additional files.7z

Edited by Munch Universe
Added missing files

I've been getting some bug reports recently which have led to some fixes. See the CB download page and grab CBFIX_17092017.7z, unpack it and add the esp to the end of your load order. Activate it and it should fix up some problems with the cooking pot.

Also note that CB 0.812.0 lacked the CLS-Craftybits.ini until recently. It belongs in the Bethesda Softworks/Data/ini folder. It is available as a separate download now. If you download one of the full versions subsequent to Sep 15, 2017, the file is included, so you will not have this problem.

I'll integrate the fix into the main code as soon as the bug reports trail off. As long as there is a prospect of more fixes soon, it makes sense to hold off and do a big upgrade instead of several little ones.

I added CBFix_ESP22092017.7z to the downloads. Add this file to the end of your load order and activate. It fixes a couple of different problems with CB0.812.0. Latest fix is that the bedroll works again.

Before long I'll integrate this fix into the main code to make CB0.812.1, but I'd like to collect a couple of fixes first to prevent having to create 812.2 soon thereafter.

The downloads now contain CBFix_30092017.7z. This file contains a cumulative fix esp for CB0.812.0 along with two nifs in their proper file position. 

The latest fixes involve shearing any bit of clothing into 4 rags on the Tailoring Board(Master) and using a rag, any alcohol and any soap to create a soapy rag. Thanks to Aquarius97 I've been patching up CB to the solid state I was hoping to have it in months ago.

Downloads now contain CBFix_05102017.7z. As before, it is a cumulative fix for CB 0.812.0 (i.e. you only need one fix, never CBFix esps from different dates). 

Latest fix tweaks the crafting board to produce black leather shields instead of black leather greaves from a leather shield and an inkwell (in that order, completed with the shears). Also fixed the mesh of the forge top to hide it again. It appears the last release featured the semi-visible version I use for debugging. On occasion it is important to verify that the forge top is placed and that the crucible is within it. Since it is normally invisible, if something isn't working, it could be the forge top, or some mechanism which depends upon it. But it serves no other purpose, so unless you like being able see it (unlikely), this version is better.

Thanks for writing to ask. Unfortunately the answer is no because it is a problem which cannot be solved, at least not by changing the base form of CB.

Enhanced Grabbing(EG) takes over control of the grab key to give it the enhanced capabilities. CB also uses the grab key a lot to see what is going on or intended. Sometimes they will work okay along side one another, but what often happens is that a signal intended for CB is interpreted by EG as something else or the other way around. The only way to solve that would be to create a central control routine which parcels out control to CB or EG as appropriate in a patch mod. While it is theoretically possible, it would be very complex and most likely bug prone.

Conceptually I like EG quite a bit and was disappointed to discover that the two are incompatible, but I'm afraid in this case you just have to choose what is more important to you.

In the downloads section you will find two new files:
CLS_Craftybits_Complete_08121.7z
CLS_Craftybits_NoBSA_08121.7z
These compile the recent fixes into the main esp/esm pair. Pick one, you do not need both. If you have the 08120 BSA, the noBSA version is all you need. The complete version is only for those who are still on some 811 version.

If you have any CBFix activated, deactivate and delete them before using this version. They should do no harm, but they also do no good.

Thanks to a report from OblivionPlayer11111:

Previously, I had constructed an aging barrel to make beef jerky. It took 3 game days. I think the instructions on retrieving jerky from the aging barrel needs to be included in the guide. Grab + activate is to check up on whether the jerky is completely dried. Activate is to open the barrel. Once barrel is opened, I think grab + activate is used to retrieve each piece of jerky one at a time.

I'm posting this here for the benefit of other players and to remind myself to add it to the guide.

Pages 29-30 of the guide read thus:

Drying, Salting and Jerky

Meat can be preserved in two ways. Slice the meat into sliced meat on the cutting board, then place the slices in the aging barrel. If you add bulk salt, you make salted meat in 1 day, if you don’t, you get dried meat(jerky) in 2 days.

Simply drop the sliced meat with or without salt, into the barrel and close it. If you wish to check on your jerky, press grab and activate on the barrel. If the drying is still underway, you will get a message to that effect. When the time has past, you will see a message, if you are close enough to the barrel (about 2 cells) or the next time you get near the barrel. Press grab + activate to remove products from the barrel.

It seems to me this covers the need referred to above, but maybe only because I wrote it. If anyone sees something confusing, or better yet has a suggestion to explain it better, please let me know.

Edited by Munch Universe

I did a little testing and realized that the icon for the queen bee stinks. It looks okay in close up, but not in-game where it looks like something went wrong. I created two new icons for the queen and worker bees. 
post-5639-0-56502600-1508587439.png

post-5639-0-76856100-1508587453.png

They are a bit cartoonish and therefore a bit outside of the usual style of CB icons, but that same property makes them more symbolic and therefore easier to recognize as what they are. Anyone have any thoughts to share?

CB-Cobl_Glue.esp has been updated. You will find it as a separate file on the downloads page. You only need this file if you are using Cobl and a hunger mod which uses the Cobl dinner plate, such as Real Hunger. Any hunger mod which does not use the dinner plate does not need the file.

Use this file instead of Cobl_Glue.esp, not in addition. Cobl_Glue will not do any harm if it is earlier in your load order than CB-Cobl_Glue.esp, so no need to delete it if it happens to be present. 

If you use a Bash patch, updating the CB-Cobl_Glue.esp will require rebuilding your bash patch. This file is usually completely absorbed into the Bash patch, so if you do not rebuild, you will not benefit from the updates. That is the only price you will pay for not updating your Bash patch, so it isn't really critical, but certainly desirable if you want to eat wolf meat or ham sandwiches. 

The CB downloads page now contains two updates, CBFix-BeeKnees_22102017.7z and CB-Cobl_Glue.7z. The fix changes the bee icons and the auto CB script reset on each fresh load. It now only updates when it needs to. 

A report on the Nexus indicates that some or all of the cloth textures are missing. Can someone check on it and let me know? There are 5 of each which might be affected. Going into the CB Guild Hall should make it pretty easy to determine. Note the colors which are weird purple instead of corresponding to their names and let me know.

I'd take care of it myself, but the textures are present on my machine so I can't see what is missing.

Thanks for the tip. As it turns out, that is exactly what I do, but it seems to miss a few things. I haven't been able to figure out what causes some files to be missed, when 99% are done correctly.

I was usually able to figure out why it was missing files. Do the logs provide any clues? All the files need to be loose. It doesn't work with BSA's.

Another option is to use something like mTES4 to create a new game instance and install your mod (from the download package) on that.

Edited by AndalayBay