CB 0.811 Bug Patch

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

puddles

puddles

Krill

• Members
  • 13 posts

Has there been any progress on making this and Enhanced Grabbing compatible with each other?

Munch Universe

Munch Universe

Calamari

• Project Lead
  • 255 posts

Thanks for writing to ask. Unfortunately the answer is no because it is a problem which cannot be solved, at least not by changing the base form of CB.

Enhanced Grabbing(EG) takes over control of the grab key to give it the enhanced capabilities. CB also uses the grab key a lot to see what is going on or intended. Sometimes they will work okay along side one another, but what often happens is that a signal intended for CB is interpreted by EG as something else or the other way around. The only way to solve that would be to create a central control routine which parcels out control to CB or EG as appropriate in a patch mod. While it is theoretically possible, it would be very complex and most likely bug prone.

Conceptually I like EG quite a bit and was disappointed to discover that the two are incompatible, but I'm afraid in this case you just have to choose what is more important to you.

Munch Universe

Munch Universe

Calamari

• Project Lead
  • 255 posts

In the downloads section you will find two new files:
CLS_Craftybits_Complete_08121.7z
CLS_Craftybits_NoBSA_08121.7z
These compile the recent fixes into the main esp/esm pair. Pick one, you do not need both. If you have the 08120 BSA, the noBSA version is all you need. The complete version is only for those who are still on some 811 version.

If you have any CBFix activated, deactivate and delete them before using this version. They should do no harm, but they also do no good.

Munch Universe

Munch Universe

Calamari

• Project Lead
  • 255 posts

Thanks to a report from OblivionPlayer11111:

Previously, I had constructed an aging barrel to make beef jerky. It took 3 game days. I think the instructions on retrieving jerky from the aging barrel needs to be included in the guide. Grab + activate is to check up on whether the jerky is completely dried. Activate is to open the barrel. Once barrel is opened, I think grab + activate is used to retrieve each piece of jerky one at a time.

I'm posting this here for the benefit of other players and to remind myself to add it to the guide.

Munch Universe

Munch Universe

Calamari

• Project Lead
  • 255 posts

Pages 29-30 of the guide read thus:

Drying, Salting and Jerky

Meat can be preserved in two ways. Slice the meat into sliced meat on the cutting board, then place the slices in the aging barrel. If you add bulk salt, you make salted meat in 1 day, if you don’t, you get dried meat(jerky) in 2 days.

Simply drop the sliced meat with or without salt, into the barrel and close it. If you wish to check on your jerky, press grab and activate on the barrel. If the drying is still underway, you will get a message to that effect. When the time has past, you will see a message, if you are close enough to the barrel (about 2 cells) or the next time you get near the barrel. Press grab + activate to remove products from the barrel.

It seems to me this covers the need referred to above, but maybe only because I wrote it. If anyone sees something confusing, or better yet has a suggestion to explain it better, please let me know.

Edited by Munch Universe, Yesterday, 08:40 AM.

Munch Universe

Munch Universe

Calamari

• Project Lead
  • 255 posts

I did a little testing and realized that the icon for the queen bee stinks. It looks okay in close up, but not in-game where it looks like something went wrong. I created two new icons for the queen and worker bees. 
Attached File  BeeQueenIcon.png   3.68KB   0 downloads

Attached File  BeeIcon.png   3.84KB   0 downloads

They are a bit cartoonish and therefore a bit outside of the usual style of CB icons, but that same property makes them more symbolic and therefore easier to recognize as what they are. Anyone have any thoughts to share?

Munch Universe

Munch Universe

Calamari

• Project Lead
  • 255 posts

CB-Cobl_Glue.esp has been updated. You will find it as a separate file on the downloads page. You only need this file if you are using Cobl and a hunger mod which uses the Cobl dinner plate, such as Real Hunger. Any hunger mod which does not use the dinner plate does not need the file.

Use this file instead of Cobl_Glue.esp, not in addition. Cobl_Glue will not do any harm if it is earlier in your load order than CB-Cobl_Glue.esp, so no need to delete it if it happens to be present. 

If you use a Bash patch, updating the CB-Cobl_Glue.esp will require rebuilding your bash patch. This file is usually completely absorbed into the Bash patch, so if you do not rebuild, you will not benefit from the updates. That is the only price you will pay for not updating your Bash patch, so it isn't really critical, but certainly desirable if you want to eat wolf meat or ham sandwiches. 

Munch Universe

Munch Universe

Calamari

• Project Lead
  • 255 posts

The CB downloads page now contains two updates, CBFix-BeeKnees_22102017.7z and CB-Cobl_Glue.7z. The fix changes the bee icons and the auto CB script reset on each fresh load. It now only updates when it needs to. 

A report on the Nexus indicates that some or all of the cloth textures are missing. Can someone check on it and let me know? There are 5 of each which might be affected. Going into the CB Guild Hall should make it pretty easy to determine. Note the colors which are weird purple instead of corresponding to their names and let me know.

I'd take care of it myself, but the textures are present on my machine so I can't see what is missing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CB, 0.811, Bug, Patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users