• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Leonardo

Does OblivionXP cover custom class?

I don't think OblivionXP work properly when the player created a custom class during the chargen and these pictures show you what I meam.

ScreenShot1

I only uploaded it just to show what major skills I pick for the Adventurer class before I choose what starting location I wanted to start a new game. 

ScreenShot2

This picture is just before I level up from level 2 to level 3 and I made that save before I uninstalled OR 4.2.3.

ScreenShot3

As you can see I pick different major skills, which I think would fit for an adventurer, and the combat skills during the chargen and these skills doesn't match when I level up in-game.

My loadorder has nothing to with this.

So my question is, does OblivionXP cover a custom class during the chargen or not? :)

Yes, Oblivion XP works with custom classes just fine. I don't think it's compatible with OR, as I said previously.

Oblivion XP has to have complete control over your skills, attributes and all other aspects of your class, custom or otherwise. If any other mods interfere with any of that, they are not compatible unless those parts of the mod can be disabled.

You also can't use the change character class thing in the console, because that will reset everything. You should be able to change your class just before leaving the tutorial dungeon, but that would probably reset everything too. If that's what you did, that might be why Ob XP is messed up. In that case, I would just uninstall and reinstall Ob XP to reset everything. It should be fine after you initialize it again.

Yes, Oblivion XP works with custom classes just fine. I don't think it's compatible with OR, as I said previously.

Oblivion XP has to have complete control over your skills, attributes and all other aspects of your class, custom or otherwise. If any other mods interfere with any of that, they are not compatible unless those parts of the mod can be disabled.

You also can't use the change character class thing in the console, because that will reset everything. You should be able to change your class just before leaving the tutorial dungeon, but that would probably reset everything too. If that's what you did, that might be why Ob XP is messed up. In that case, I would just uninstall and reinstall Ob XP to reset everything. It should be fine after you initialize it again.

That's good to know, I'll try to remember that in the future.

Does that also applies for what action skills e.g combat, magic, stealth I mean if it touches the governed attributes e.g agility (in melee)?

I know and I didn't do that, I only activated each statue one time before I made a normal gamesave then I activated the lady Mara statue and after that I just activated the bed to begin the game.

I don't understand your question. If you have a mod that alters any attributes, like agility, then you need to disable that feature or remove the mod.

I've never had a problem with Arthmoor's Alternative Beginnings. I always use a custom class. I have never had an issue where my defined attributes change after levelling, except for the points that I assign to the attributes during level-up.

What I mean is, why does OblivionXP show the combat specialization skills (the third picture) and not the major skills the first two pictures showed when levelling up?

I also wonder if OblivionXP support the skill progress meter e.g Alchemy 34 % on the current level you'll see in vanilla when viewing the skill tab in-game.

Scratch that...  I found it and these settings does that.  No, that was not the setting I mean.

;==============================================================================

Set ObXPSettings.progressDisplayText    to 1    ; 1
Set ObXPSettings.progressDisplayBar    to 1    ; 1

Just to show you what I mean about the progress skill meter I took a picture from Morrowind and the skill meter bar is exactly the same in Oblivion.  Is that skill meter bar visible in-game when using OblivionXP?

Morrowind 2016 09 03 12.44.37.677

According to these settings for OblivionXP the player will have an option to redistribute points for the skills and attributes, but that never happen when I created a custom class.  In my case the Adventurer class.

; ATTRIBUTE / SKILL RE-DISTRIBUTION                                              
; ---------------------------------
;
; When first using Oblivion XP on an existing character, you are given the
; option to redistribute all your Skills and Attributes.
;
; - redistRefundSkillBooks -
; When set to 1, you will get 1 additional Skill Points per Skill Book that you
; read before first using Oblivion XP.
;
; - redistRefundTrainingSessions -
; When set to 1, you will get 1 additional Skill Point for every time your have
; have trained a Skill before first using Oblivion XP.
;

Why doesn't it happen?  Is it because I initialized OblivionXP in the prison cell when getting the first journal update for the Alternate Beginnings mod?

Edited by Leonardo

Leo, I think you're confusing things. Oblivion XP does NOT separate your skills into major, minor or specialization. There is no concept of class in Oblivion XP. That is the whole point of the mod. To remove all that stuff.

The only way that Oblivion XP "considers" your major, minor and specialization skills is to determine the cost to level up your skills. If you have the specialization setting enabled (called skillPointPreset), then your major and specialization skills will be cheaper to increase, but your minor skills will cost more. If you don't wish to specialize, then you would turn that setting off and all your skills will cost the same. That's called "master of all".

The redistribution only happens when you install Oblivion XP with an existing character. If you uninstall Oblivion XP, do a clean save, and then reinstall Oblivion XP, you will be prompted to redistribute all your skill and attribute points so that you can restore your character to his existing level.

The redistribution only happens when you install Oblivion XP with an existing character. If you uninstall Oblivion XP, do a clean save, and then reinstall Oblivion XP, you will be prompted to redistribute all your skill and attribute points so that you can restore your character to his existing level.

Well can you explain to me why Oblivion XP wants me to redistribute my attributes and skills after I installed Oblivion XP in a new game from scratch and not with an existing character, I even got XP points for finishing the Alternative Beginnings quest aka the tutorial quest when the game continued after I activated the bed in the prisong cell.  Also, all installed DLC's got their respective quests started as normal if that's important.

That happen after I got my first level up message in-game and open up the level up window then directly after I clicked "Done" Oblivion XP show me a "Welcome to Oblivion XP" message.

Just to show you what I mean I took a few pictures.

ScreenShot6

I decided to have a faster levelling in-game than the default setting in Oblivion XP.  And as you can see I have just got enough XP points to level up from level 1 to level 2.

ScreenShot8

I use max points for the attributes and 25 % higher than the default value for the skills.

ScreenShot7

This message window appeared as soon I clicked on the "Done" button in the previous picture.

Why does Oblivion XP do that, despite for not installing Oblivion XP after I finished the tutorial quest?  I think that's a bug.

Look at the picture in the middle where you see the arrows with the "Combat Skills" text.  Earlier today I notice the arrows and after I clicked on the right arrow I fully understood what it was for, but TBH I had no idea what purpose the arrows had until today. :blush:

Perhaps add a picture to the OP or have a short description on the right side about how to redistribute attributes and skills, but also show how to scroll between the three specialized skills e.g Combat, Magic, Stealth when level up in-game.

TBH I didn't know that until I discover them myself in-game, but remember I haven't used Oblivion XP that long don't I and the last time I use it was over 2 years ago IIRC.