• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Schtearn

PrgLnch: Yet Another Game Launcher

PrgLnch

What does it do?

Recommended for older games (or programs) having limited in-game resolutions,

or those games or utilities best run in Batch on multi monitor configurations.

For those with rapidly devolving vowels, this program endeavours to bring

a special consonance between the Prg of execution and the operating host

channeled by an aura of immaculate Lnch!

Could there be some kind of karma permeating through the outer shell of Prg already?... :coffee:

Features:

• Selectable Resolution for Prg
  • Batch Processing of Prgs
  • Prg Info Stored in ini File
  • Support for Prg on Multiple Displays
  • Http Download to Update Prg
  • Optional LAA Patch which can be Applied to Prg
  • An Additional Serving of Delectable Oddities Available to Prg of Limited Perceivable Use

Accompanied by a bunch of explanatory ramblings wrapped up in a contextual help file. 

Requirements: Windows- (mostly)

Download!

Edited by Schtearn

Got something going, .75 alpha, but more content to go in.

Does it run on yours at all?

Running a prg with a different resolution (or even the same resolution), the resolution state becomes barfed with some vertical pillar boxing. I feel this is not so much a H/W or driver issue but something Windows is doing. No idea how to deal. Edit: This is cured on the ATI cards with selecting "GPU scaling" from within Radeon Settings: Display. Nothing similar in NVIDIA, but perhaps they have an answer to this? An alternative is to use the AHK implementation of NVAPI, but it's lacking a certain function. :P

As the Gui is being constructed on the fly and not from a file, it's fairly restricted in the appearance, but hopefully there are ways of getting around it. :)

Edited by Schtearn

The idea is for the possibility of launching a process (typically fullscreen) on another monitor. It's explained here, but we have to know the co-ords of the fixture contained by SM_XVIRTUALSCREEN & SM_YVIRTUALSCREEN. Once the object is moved, then the target screen becomes attached to desktop. Upon termination of the process, the original monitor again becomes the primary monitor.

More generally this would be also be useful for anyone who wants to play Oblivion, but wishes to retain a generated BOSS report showing on another screen without having to switch out for it.

Just coaxed this jalopy into tentative alpha. The online help has to be fixed, -along with the possibility of multiple presets running concurrently, however. :)

That was a good suggestion, but no-one has ever done it (context driven) with AHK. The idea was originally to keep everything in one script anyhow nohow. :P

Anyway jNizM helped, so we are right to go. :)

Plus he's provided inspiration to get this thing running in 64 bit. Might take a bit of doing though. :)

Edited by Schtearn

64 bit Beta up. Edit: Yikes, there was a problem with the 64bit devmode after all. Is anyone willing to try out the new help system?

Edited by Schtearn

What's wrong with 64-bit?

It clobbered theRes data, and also corrupted the ini file. Think (or at least hope) the problem is more with AHK than PrgLnch,

After considerable humming and harring, it looks as if HTML Help is on the cards. TrayTips is cool but no substitute for documentation. :P

Thanks, will do.

There's that problem with the system metrics on the PC again.

And when adding the FNIS Removal Tool as a Prg and running it, the window went crazy and had to reboot! Never come across anything like it at all. Not with a batch script.

Think it was too long without a reboot. Memory corrupted somehow.

Thanks for the link. :)