• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Schtearn

PrgLnch: Yet Another Game Launcher

Alright, give me a few days. It may not be until the weekend but I'll get it. Apologies, things at my school aren't going well due to the bureaucracy and it's been a pain to sort out. I'm hoping to have it sorted out this week one or another, even if I need to switch schools again.

That's fine, thanks. :)

Always thought school was an education on nothing more than the dimensions, elasticity, durability and adaptability of the institution's own particular brand of red tape!

And when adding the FNIS Removal Tool as a Prg and running it, the window went crazy and had to reboot! Never come across anything like it at all. Not with a batch script.

That problem is definitely with AHK. Will be very interested in anyone who takes up the cudgel. (Prepare to meet thy logout screen)

Edit: Actually

<CTRL Break>
or
<CTRL C>
 stops the wild window. (Phew!)

Prglnch Released!

Edited by Schtearn

Just a little update on what's been happening. A major oops with multil-monitors has been rectified. A few additions now being finalised for the next release.

Not yet, I've been working with their support guys using the ticket system since I think it's a bug in their code. Unfortunately, I can't get them to even look at my logs despite the fact that they admitted there's a problem. :(

I'll try the forums after I try some things. I've still got a few ideas, such as trying the Windows preview builds. :)

1.2 is finalised. Lot of issues cleared up, but many more waiting to be discovered. Wonder how it goes in systems with 3 or more monitors?

On 2/18/2017 at 3:35 AM, Visceral Moonlight said:

Have you tried spawning it from a terminal to see if it logs anything to stderr?

Thanks, it actually turned out to be how the Shell Object is invoked from the script. It's been a year, and so plenty of time to find the answer! And to squish more bugs for the 1.3.0 release.

Have you found this to be of any use with the multiple monitors- given there is more than one of them controlled by Windows?

Hmmm, is it the bottom right corner the problem or the last screen the problem.

It's designed to sit on top of the bottom right taskbar by design/default- but perhaps elsewhere is better?

With three monitors, for example, does it ever want to move to the second? That would be an annoyance.

Thanks, well the next step is to move the form- if it stays on the primary monitor there's something wrong with PrgLnch, otherwise- we'll have to sleep on it. :P 

Try this, but you'll want 2 runs to verify: MonitorsInfo.7z

Thanks, hopefully this will be the clincher- if it works. Same deal as above- but we are not querying taskbar anymore, just monitor. If it works, then it'll be a cinch to rectify.

MonitorsInfo.7z

If not, then we''l require more info. Please run this:  TBandMonInfo.7z

Edited by Schtearn