• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Onasaki

Between the Lines

Raynnas smirked. "How do you feel about kidnapping and torture, rather than death? I mean, what's the point of a proper revenge if they're not there to gloat over when it's done, right? I know that's not really the Brotherhood's thing, but since this isn't an official contract, you can keep them alive for me. Oh, except for the baby. I don't really care about it if you want to - I don't know - eat it or something."

OOC: I love you Ama. :P

Rilan cackled suddenly, and abruptly at the sentiment. "Torture, and kidnapping?" another cackle, and a dark, morbid grin; fangs bared as his eyes flickered with intense glee. "Such fun. Have you any.. particulars?" He pauses and glances downwards at Anduin, "Its.. a game, boy. You'll see. It's quite fun, you and your sister both will enjoy it immensely, I promise."

Another pause, and his eyes flicker towards Callista. "Oh don't be so sullen, dear. It'll be fun. A family activity, if you will. You should be happy you have a little brother to share in such things, most don't." He pat both pommels gently, as he looks back towards Raynnas.

"So do you have anything in mind? Perhaps? Something.. personal? And of course, you need to take in mind the amount of trouble I would have to go through to capture all three of them. I'm sure the infant is well protected.. and the women.. Well, the one is a rather powerful mage.." he said, a little bitterly. "..And the other.. I scarcely got a glimpse of."

He turned towards Gianna a moment, who seemed to shift quietly and a little hesitantly at the talk of torture and kidnapping. "Now now, child.. don't be afraid. Sometimes such things are needed for a contract, even if this one isn't official. One day you'll understand.. I promise." He mused, looking back towards Raynnas.

"I don't know a lot about torture. My specialty is draining spells. Mind and body control if you use them right." He puffed out his chest a little. "But I want them. For, you know..." He made a crude gesture. "Gotta teach them a lesson, right? Teach 'em their place."

OOC: *hands Rayn over to Chayka for a bit*

Rilan nodded, "Of course, of course.." he played with the numerous ideas filling his head, they did deserve it. They took Atkavir from him, his best friend.. his ally. His brother. That crazy bow was one of a kind, specially made for him, and they spent many months togather.. it was trying to be without him. With just a husk of a bow resting along his shoulder.

"And draining spells.. amusing little tricks. So fun to watch them scream and squirm, as their life force is slowly drained by millisecond. It's almost painful to know they die just as you begin to truly enjoy the pain they're suffering..." the vampire grinned ever so darkly, "But I'm getting ahead of myself... do you have a plan of how I should go about capturing them? Or perhaps a little idea? Kidnapping is not exactly my forte..."

"Don't go after them when they're at the Tel, of course. But there's a smaller apartment in the city where they're living together." He nodded at the girl. "Why not send her? She's a lot less noticeable."

"Obviously." Rilan chuckled, crossing his arms now. Though his eyes flickered over towards Gianna at the idea of using her. "Mm.." he started, looking her up and down. "I don't think she'd--"

"I can't." Gianna blurted suddenly, shaking her head and holding up a hand. "..I..I couldn't.." she whispered quietly, glancing down.

"You see?" Rilan stated, tsking some. "A shame really, perhaps the Lord would put you back in good graces if you managed to pull it off..But no matter. Weaklings usually remain just that, weak. Pathetic. Useless."

Gianna glared, "I'm not useless! I just.. you said I was a failure.. this.. this seems like something important.. I wouldn't want to mess it up."

The dunmer laughed, "Dear girl, I never said anything you didn't already believe." He said simply, with a slight shrug. "I merely put it into words, what you use to cry yourself to sleep at night."

"I'm not really interested in you two arguing," Raynnas muttered. And to think these two had him a little nervous. Now he was just worried they'd be able to do anything. "Do you have a place around here you can bring them to? You never know when a treasure hunter or family member's going to show up around a tomb like this."

Gianna growled, her chest tightening with anger at the Executioner's words. Though she bit back any response, knowing full well he was quite capable at killing her at any moment. The fact she was still alive after such a failure was a blessing right now.. and a curse. She wasn't expecting to have to deal with this insane man who had so many sudden mood shifts it was like he was a child unto himself. It was both annoying, and frightening...

She swallowed then, and shook her head. "..I only have a small house on the east side of Tel Mora. It's hardly a place to hold prisoners.." she said quietly, shifting from foot to foot.

"And while I'm Dunmer, I hardly wish to live in such a desolate place as this, let alone have a place. Quite boring, and far too quiet for my tastes." Rilan said with a shrug, "I much prefer the Imperial City. Or even Cheydinhal." His eyes flickered back towards Gianna a moment, tapping his chin. "Well, then it's settled. We'll use your house. Now.. we need to decide on a plan. I don't think we should capture them togather...much to difficult. One would attack while the other fled for help, or summoned the guard, or some such nonsense like that."

He looked back towards Raynnas, "What are their locations? And what kind of security am I looking at?"

"The apartment is a short ways from the Gateway Inn, owned by Temvi Nerethi. Lethe's the other woman. Her lover." The distaste that dripped from his voice at the word was almost visible. "The baby is with Temvi's parents, I think. If you want it, I'd suggest sneaking in. They're not highly ranked, but they're a lot stronger than they let on."

"Well, I honestly have no use for an infant.." Rilan muses, stroking his beard. "Two children are enough for me.." he chuckles, patting Anduin's pommel with one hand and Callista's with the other. "Besides, I don't think my dear sweet girl would appreciate having ANOTHER sibling to terrorize her, now would you, dear?" A pause, and a chuckle. Then a quieter chuckle as his gaze shifts towards Anduin.

"Oh, Anduin.. don't get upset.. it's only a joke." He says to the dagger, patting it more gently now. "It's okay..Shhh...No tears." the dunmer shoots a look towards Callista, "Shush girl. Don't make fun of your brother's misunderstanding." he snaps, narrowing his eyes. "Don't say sorry to me, apologize to him. There was a time where you didn't understand certain jokes, and there still are."

Gianna watched with a slight uncomfortable look crossing her face, she shifts her gaze towards Raynnas. "How exactly.. do you want this to go, Mr. Raynnas?" she piped up, quietly. "While I'm sure.. my brother executioner is good at planning, you seem to have a specific idea in mind."

Rilan snuck a glance towards the young bosmer girl, and then the other dunmer. But says nothing, returning to coddling his weapons.

"Catch them in bed," he said immediately. "Temvi wears enough charms and shields for ten people, and I'll bet she'd be giving them to her new toy. But if they're naked..."

Rilan cackled, "That would most likely take some very careful planning...as well as timing." he stated, furrowing his brows in thought. "It'd be easier to gain the trust of one, and lure them to a undisclosed location.." his eyes flickered back towards Gianna, and his lips tugged upwards into a dark smirk.

Gianna stared, "..why are you looking at me like that?"

"Simple. They've never seen your face. Which would make it easy for you to lure one of them.." he trails off with a flick of his tongue across his fangs. "..and the other would try to rescue them.."

"You'd want to go after Lethe, then. The one with red hair. I don't think she knows any magic." He gave a little shrug and smile. "Though I do know for certain that Temvi is susceptible to having her drinks spiked."

"Good luck ever getting them separated," Raynnas grumbled. "They're joined at the hip. There is one more of the group, though. An Imperial man. Goes by the name of Jin. He's over at the Tel, and he's alone."

"Not a werewolf, you fool. A shape-shifter...Ah nevermind.." Rilan shook his head, "At any rate.. I do believe we have our plan.. Mostly. But no solid idea s to where to take them. Transferring them from one island to the other would be tricky without a guild guide. Not to mention the questions.. no, we need a place inside the city they're in now. Or at least a short distance away."

"Do you have corn in your ears, boy?" Rilan snapped, narrowing his eyes now. "The plan is that Gianna lures one of them away, and we use them as bait to beckon the other one. Yet we still need a safe location."

"Oh...I thought you might try to get Jin, since he's the most likely to be alone. And they've got him in slave bracers, so he's more controlled."

Sign in to follow this