• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Onasaki

Between the Lines

They wandered the town for a short time, before coming across a house set into the rooted mushroom-houses that filled the majority of the town. It was on the far end of a branch-line, opposite of the blacksmith; with just enough space between buildings to keep it mostly unnoticed.

"Here." Gianna stated, approaching the door with a clear sign of recognition in her eyes. She slid her hand across one side of the building, and jimmied open a small cubby where a key hung. "It's the last key for the house.. I.. I threw away the other one."

"Did you now? And for what reason, mm?" the dunmer asked, tilting his head.

"..I never thought I'd come back.. after.. after what happened. Or my first contract.. they all said the Sanctuary was my home now.." Gianna explained, offering the key towards the hooded man.

Rilan accepted the key with a nod, "I see...Well. Your leaving here couldn't have been that bad, could it?" he approached the door and unlocked it, pulling the door open.

The smell hit him so hard, he almost fell over. The sheer, pungency of decaying flesh, and old food. Mixed with the coppery smell of blood, metal. The house was mostly dark, but he could see everything. Two bodies lay across from eachother on the ground, one of young bosmer child, somewhere around the age of seven, and that of a male Altmer.

Both bodies had been mutilated, the adult body looked as if it had been bludgeoned to death by a blunt object. The closest being a candlestick that laid just a few inches away, Rilan could see the blood stains...

Turning, his red-gold eyes flickered with glee, as a smirk crept across his shrouded features. "Tell me, how long have you been a dark sister?" he asked, he could tell by the stages of decay it was less then a year..

Gianna stepped through the threshold, and her breath clenched tightly in her throat, she hadn't even noticed Rilan's question. The..bodies..are.. she thought, as memories flooded back. The screaming, the blood, the yells, the tears... everything that happened that night..it all came back. She hadn't even noticed she was being held up by Rilan until she felt his cold hand slip across her face ever so slightly.

"My my... a little faint are we?" the dunmer asked, smirking still. "I've heard of skeletons in one's closet.. but bodies on one's floor? Now that's just plain silly.."

Gianna breathed hard, trying not to vomit at the smell, or the sudden flash of pain.. she swallowed hard. "..six months.." she said finally, closing her eyes tightly as tears threatened to escape. "..I've been in the Brotherhood for six months..."

Six months...it seemed more like years, to her. The contracts blurred, both ones she completed, and ones she barely completed.. before that there was just him and his son. He was not hers. He was nothing like her, and treated her all the same. The tantrums, the screaming, the yelling.. the fighting. It was all him. It was the lies he was taught, the inflation of his own egotistical power over her. And he turned her own child against her... the sweet boy she carried for nine months, nursed, cleaned.. and for what? So he could beat her like his father? They told her it was not her fault, but she didn't believe them.. she didn't listen.

Gianna stared at the corpses for the longest time, in silence. Rilan had assumed she'd gotten lost in memories again. He helped her over towards a nearby chair, absently brushing off some broken glass and set her down. It was clear to him, that this place was getting to her, and he knew if he wanted it ready for 'guests' he'd need to get rid of the bodies. The dunmer also knew he'd have to snap her out of this if she was going to be any use to him.

Plucking Callista out of her sheath, he leaned the blade nearby. "Callista, be a dear and watch over her while I clean up this mess." A pause, and a shake of his head. "Because he's asleep, child. I don't want to wake him for something like this. We need to be ready. Just let me know when your Auntie Gianna..wakes up."

Rilan pinched the bridge of his nose, "Find a book or something. Just watch over her, dammit." he snapped, kneeling down as he went upstairs a moment, before returning with a small blanket, which he tossed over the body of the child; carefully wrapping it around, then hefting it up, gently.

He then slipped out of the house...

Raynnas glanced over his shoulder to make sure they weren't being followed. "Just stay close when we get out on the Grazelands," he advised. "And look out for...er...random chunks of things. Aryon had a tantrum last evening."

Jin's voice was dry. "That wouldn't have had anything to do with the giant tower-shaking explosion, now, would it?"

OOC: I don't think he thinks very highly of Raynnas. :lol:

OOC: I don't think anyone does. :rofl:

"Yeah...um...probably. I wasn't around for that part. From the size of the crater to the west, that's probably a good thing."

Raynnas shrugged. "He's a Telvanni magister. For all I know, someone folded his clothes wrong." He paused. "Okay, probably not. I mean, he's never really done that sort of thing before. Must've been something big, though. Maybe he got in another argument with the Archmagister."

"Because it doesn't make sense that she'd want some woman instead of me," Raynnas snapped. "It doesn't make sense. What can a woman even do to her in bed?"

Jin had to spend a moment reminding himself that neither what? Of course I am nor I am if I want to be was the right answer. "You noticed. I'm so glad."

Edited by Morrigain

"My..." He stopped. "My student, I suppose. Or...my adopted daughter. At a stretch. I'm angry with Temvi because she's hurt her and she's dragging her away from me."

Raynnas gave a slow nod, carefully picking his way around what might have once been part of an Ogrim. "If it makes you feel any better, Temvi couldn't hold on to a relationship if it was made out of glue and honey. You're probably not too happy about the whole one-night-stand thing, but..."

OOC: You're confusing character names in horrible ways, dear. :P

"Lethe can't hold onto relationships either. That's not what concerns me."

Sign in to follow this