• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Onasaki

Between the Lines

OOC: Oh yeah, Temvi is the one messing with heads. *peers at Jin* XD Feel free to take as long as needed to get to the point where Rilan and Gianna can show up again. I can be patient. This is amusing. XD I'll continue at my own pace to get Rilan to help Gianna become sane again. >.>

Edited by Onasaki

"Yeah...no. You have to get her to stop thinking to even get her to spread her legs." Raynnas waved his hand. "There's no way she'd go after some random outlander half-breed."

"Otherwise, she's always just totally irrational." He looked thoughtful. "Wonder if that's what Lethe did? Would explain why Temvi'd choose a woman."

"Because women are bitches about appearance, and with her scars..." He gave an expressive shrug. "At least a guy'll fuck her without saying anything."

"Gods, yes." Raynnas traced a line down his side. "Got an arm, a leg, and her side all the way up to her boob. If you look close enough, her fingers are a bit melty, too. She's damn lucky that I like her so much."

OOC: Hmm...I got nothing. Jin's pissy because he doesn't like this guy and worried about blowing his cover, so he doesn't want to talk much. *grumble grumble* Fast forward? Unless Rayn's got something else to say, of course. :devil3:

OOC: Gimme a day, and maybe three solo-posts, and we should be up to speed. Diablo III is addicting. XD

OOC: Hrrr. I'm having writer's block.. T_T Why did Gianna have to turn herself into an actual person!? Might be a bit longer.. I hope I'm not holding too much up..

OOC: Take your time.

I graduate tomorrow, and then I'm staying with the relatives until they throw my graduation party next weekend and I fly home on that Sunday or Monday. Thing is...I found out today that the relatives have no internet. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Dad's half-joking about buying them a week's worth of wi-fi. I'm dearly hoping this joking becomes serious. Otherwise, starting tonight/tomorrow I'm quitting cold turkey for a week.

So, yeah. Take your time. :blink:

When she saw his face, on the wedding day... she was horrified. It was.. it was him.. she couldn't believe it. She couldn't. She turned and looked at her father, and begged him not to hand her off. But he wouldn't have it.. he wouldn't.. she tried to fight as subtly as possible but his grip was too hard. He took her to the podium, and the priest nodded with an oblivious smile.

She turned, swallowed hard.. maybe he didn't recognize her? Maybe he wouldn't know? She looked, and he lifted her veil. The look in his eyes.. and that sick smile only made her stomach churn. Or maybe it was the baby kicking.. she knew it was his. She knew she was pregnant, even if noone else did.. a hand fell to her stomach, and she glanced down.. she saw a rat.. peering up at her with it's beady little eyes.

"I.. What?!" she blinked, looking around.. it was empty.. it was dark. The body of him laying there, lifeless.. he was gone. He could never hurt her again. She managed to relax, then, the stiffness and the memories.. fading again.

It was then she noticed the Executioner was gone, she glanced around. "...Executioner?" she called out, coming slowly to her feat; hand absently brushing against Callista and the sword fell with a quiet 'thunk'. It didn't break, but it did startle her.. strangely enough at it's base was an opened book. Though she remembered.. she'd thrown one.. hadn't she?

She shook her head, and pressed the memories back, "I uh.. Sorry.." she said quietly, to the sword. To the sword. She ran her hand down her face, "..I'm talking to swords now.. wonderful." she breathed out a sigh, and lifted the sword to lean against the chair again. Gently, as though it was a child.. though she didn't understand why.

Gianna glanced back at the body, lifelessly, laying there like a broken toy. She managed to kick it once, and in the momentum, the hand grasped her leg. "EEEE!" She kicked it with her other hand, caving in the skull, and threw the arm off her foot.

"..you'll never touch me again, you filth.." she muttered darkly, glaring at the corpse. She turned, and made for the door, to see if she could catch up with Rilan, when she nearly bumped into the man.

"Oh! Executioner.. I was.." she started, looking down at his hands.

They were covered in dirt, and dried blood.

"..tell me.. where did you bury my son?"

Rilan chuckled, and shaked his head. "That was not your son anymore... a mere husk of a dead boy that was once living in this household." he smiled a dark smile. "Your son died at your hands six months ago..At that moment, he was no longer your son. Just a boy, an innocent little boy. That you murdered.."

Gianna sighed quietly, "And his soul belongs to Sithis... yes.. I know."

The dunmer, nodded, and patted the woman's head. "Good girl." he said, spinning as he moves towards Callista. "And you did well, dear, child. Watching over her for me. Come now."

A pause, then a frown. "Child don't get crass with me. I explained to you why." He looks back towards Gianna, "Are you well enough to help me with the other body? Mm? Or does it scare you still?"

"How did..." she paused, then remembered. Vampire. He can smell fear. "..uh..n-no.. we can carry it.."

Edited by Onasaki

"Wonderful. Come along now." Rilan said, moving to step over towards the body.

Time passed, and the place was cleaned up to the point of usefulness, Rilan placed a Mark on the place, and nodded aside towards Gianna. "You marked the Crypt, yes? The children and I will hold down the fort here, you run along and spring the trap, they should be ready by now."

Gianna nodded faintly, "Yes, Executioner.." she said quietly, she'd still like to know where her son was buried. He /had/ been hers, before his father came back from the Imperial City, after some business was concluded. Then he came home.. and everything changed. She offered a faint bow towards Rilan, and headed for the door. About a moment after, she was gone.

---

She arrived back into the crypt, and the darkness made her eyes sting; but she adjusted quickly, and made way from the crypt back to the city...

OOC: A bit rushy, but good enough. We can now continue! Sorry for the wait!

Sign in to follow this