• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Onasaki

Between the Lines

"Oh, fuck that. Your problem's with Temvi. You want to hurt Temvi. You're doing this because Temvi. It's all about her."

Edited by Morrigain

"But Lethe's the one she's cheating on me with!" he protested, clenching his fists. "I won't do any permanent damage - I just want to teach her to leave Temvi alone!"

Hearing the argument from all the way inside, Rilan drifted on out of the building; his features still shrouded by his hood, one hand resting on the hilt of Callista, the other already gripping Anduin and holding it at the ready. Seeing Raynnas, he offers a faint nod to the other dunmer, the changeling on the otherhand.. gets a very guttural, and threatening growl.

"You touch my daughter again, monster, and these women won't be the only ones getting not-so-permanantly damaged.." the vampire seethed, hands tightening obsessively on the hilts of his children. His feature suddenly soften as he glances at Anduin, "Oh no.. dear boy. I'm not mad at you.. I'm just making it perfectly clear to our guest here, that he goes nowhere near your sister.."

A pause, and he glances towards Callista.

"Have you already forgotten girl? This is the man that sought to kidnap, and violate you.." His eyes flicker dangerously over towards Jin, "He may look different, but I remember that smell.. that peculiar sound of his blood pumping through his veins.. A father never forgets those who seek to harm his children.."

Another pause.

"In due time, child.. in due time.." he mused, patting the sword's hilt gently, as he looks back to Raynnas. "I assume Gianna is 'inviting' our other guests?"

"Well there were two dead bodies sitting in it. It hasn't had the time to air out.." Rilan chuckles, "Though the smell of death is a commonplace... so it hardly bothers me or the children."

OOC: Inbetween the lines there's alot of obscurity. I'm not inclined to resign to maturity.. but it's alright, when you're all wrong, so why bounce around to the same damn song? You'd rather run, when you can crawwwl? I know you know, that we're not tellin' the truth, I know you know, they just ain't got a clue..Twist a deception, learn how to bend.. your worst inhibitions tend to Psych you out in the end! >.> Yeaah.. popped into my head. Pose now. Also, I probably got the lyrics damned wrong. XD

Rilan glanced behind him, waiting for the nine-year-old not-Jin to catch up, then continued on down the spiraling roots. His hood was up, and his eyes flicked back and forth. They both needed to get out of here soon, between the sun, and the Telvanni hatred for vampires.. this was a bad place.

"Cylinon." he says, not glancing back. "Since we'll be travelling togather for at least a little bit, perhaps we should learn a bit more about eachother, mm? It's only fair." he says, as he walked along.

Edited by Onasaki

He thought a moment.

"Uncle Rilan," he asked (and it was so hard to keep the sarcasm out of his voice), "why are we going to Ebonheart, again? And why do you talk to your weapons?"

OOC: This is going to be the creepiest damn thread

OOC: Could be. XD

"We're going to Ebonheart because it's closest to Pelagiad. I have a friend in Pelagiad who keeps tabs on strange occurances." Rilan explains, leaning on his staff a little bit. "And I don't talk to my weapons. I talk to my children."

Edited by Onasaki

"Of course you do, they're right here." Rilan insists, motioning for his blades. "They're right infront of you, following behind me, as they always do, unless of course they get tired of walking. In which case, I would carry one of them. I can't carry both, though." He glances down at Callista and Anduin, with a smirk.

"Now can I children?"

A pause, then he laughs.

"Yes, it would be quite silly, wouldn't it Anduin?"

OOC: I would like to note, that I still have no idea how the delusion with Rilan works. XD

Edited by Onasaki

There was a significant pause.

"I hope I won't be expected to play with them as part of a - an act," said Jin finally, clearly struggling with the words.

OOC: :lol:

"No. Neither of them want to play with you. They know what you're not a nice person, and Callista still remembers when you grabbed her." Rilan said simply, eyes flicking back to the boy a moment. "At anyrate, tell me about yourself."

"Dunno." Jin scratched behind his ear. He didn't want to get too far into character. It would just make it harder to get out again. "I've never been to Morrowind before. It's all weird. And I don't like talking to strangers."

OOC: I am sorry that he's being so pissy. I shall endeavor to beat him around the head with an oar to get him to talk.

OOC: Doh. Actually I misread that. *fixed*

"I see, yes, I've only been here once or twice myself." Rilan mused, though he put on the nicest of grins. "But I can assure you, dear boy, no strangers will bring you to harm. Especially with me around."

He motioned for the man-boy to move up a few more feet, to keep a closer eye on him. "Just a little further now, I think. Then we can get you some proper clothes."

OOC: Beat him harder. I want to get to the Inn, so Rilan can meet Otar. I also want to get some other stuff out of the way /before/ they reach the Inn. XD

Edited by Onasaki

OOC: Check my post in the Fireplace

"And shoes," Jin supplied. He lowered his voice. "Though children's clothes will mean I'm stuck this size. This'd better be a short trip."

"Yes, yes, of course." Rilan muses, absently adjusting his hood on his cloak as a guard passes them by. He offers a slight wave to the armored gentleman, and continues on, at a bit of a quicker pace.

"And what's so bad about being stuck as a child? Some people would find that quite enjoyable, I assure you. Such.. mm.. talents, would be quite interesting in my line of work." He chuckles again, glancing aside to some other passing people.

There's a sudden pause, and he glances towards Anduin.

"Hm? Ah, yes, child. It would be fun to see your daddy as a boy, wouldn't it? Someone to keep a closer eye on your sister, yes?" He says, quirking his brows a little. Then an amused smirk crosses his lips as he looks towards Callista.

"Oh, sweetheart, I'm jesting. Don't give me that look, it's unbecoming of a young lady. Not to mention, it'll give you wrinkles when you're older." The dunmer offers a gentle smile to the sword. "See? A smile is much better suited to that pretty face."

He looks back towards Jin, "And we won't be throwing away your current clothes anyway. Can't have you running around in tattered rags when we reach the Inn, now can we? I believe the store is just over this incline, or at least, I think so. Perhaps I should've gotten a map from Diras.." Rilan says, stroking his beard a little in thought. "Mm. Too late for that now."

"Yes, too late for lots of things," not-Jin echoed, voice laced with sarcasm. "I can't believe I'm supposed to be the crazy one here." He blinked a few times and muttered "supposed to sound like a kid. Right."

Sign in to follow this