Photo

Carrie Fisher

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

TheDarkListener34

TheDarkListener34

Pesky Buzzing Octopus

• 424 posts
Carrie Fisher who had played Princess Leia since episode 4 through 7. Had passed away at age 60.

Apparently, in episode 8 was an important role for Princess Leia. Who is gonna be her? Could it be a CGI? Or another Actor?

Well we'll find out when the time comes

Rest and Peace Carrie Fisher you'll be missed dearly. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Edited by AndalayBay, 27 December 2016 - 07:37 PM.
Fixed spelling of name

• Sue likes this

"Have you not heard of the Dark Brotherhood? Of the remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats? Join us, and you'll find the Dark Brotherhood to be all that, and so much more. We are, more than anything, a union of like-minded individuals. We kill for profit, for enjoyment, and for the glory of the Dread Father, Sithis. We are family, with bonds forged in blood and death." - Lucien Lachance

Posted Image

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
    • Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 10,870 posts
Rest in peace, Carrie.
  • Sue likes this
Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Black Marsh
  • 1,829 posts

I have to say...this one hits me really hard.  She was a hero of mine.  I loved her in Star Wars and then I loved her even more when I learned about her activism.  Seriously - she got an award from Harvard for it.  (Note the others who got the same award.)

And also, her adorable therapy dog, Gary ‘The Tongue’ Fisher.

Attached File  Gary-Fisher.jpg   61.49KB   0 downloads

Finally, in memory of her, allow me to share a bit from her autobiography:

Attached File  15672677_10154951443173086_8516646856227528119_n.jpg   42.33KB   0 downloads

*cries*  *giggles*  *cries more*

1471_s.gif

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Black Marsh
  • 1,829 posts

Something else I didn't know until today:

Hey, 2016?

Attached File  15697737_10154669251656648_900813327159245904_n.jpg   60.42KB   0 downloads

1471_s.gif

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 10,870 posts
Yeah I didn't know anything about her activism until they talked about it on the news after her passing. I never realized she had so much attitude! Way to go! :D
Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Black Marsh
  • 1,829 posts

I knew about her activism, but not her award.  Nor her scriptwork.  Honestly, it was her work that helped me figure out my own brain and come to terms with my mentally ill family members.

She had SO much attitude!  Look up some of her quotes.  Especially the ones about how much she hated the "Slave Leia" costume or on how she's "aged."

Also, Episode 8 is already wrapped, so she's in it.  Go General Organa!

1471_s.gif

NobleShadowHunter

NobleShadowHunter

The Queen of Crafty

• Valenwood Islands
  • 396 posts

I think the only way to explain the bullshit of 2016 is that R.R. Martin somehow bribed God to let him take the reigns for a year...and then promptly turned this year into a mini-Game of Thrones.  Dammit.

Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 10,870 posts
And now Debbie Reynolds is sick. Hopefully it's just the stress of planning the funeral and she'll be ok. She was complaining about having problems breathing and they hospitalized her.

NobleShadowHunter

NobleShadowHunter

The Queen of Crafty

• Valenwood Islands
  • 396 posts

Apparently it's been confirmed that she's passed.  Rest easy, Debbie Reynolds.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 10,870 posts
I won't type the string of expletives I just uttered. Rest in peace Debbie.
  • NobleShadowHunter likes this

Amadaun

Amadaun

Himalayan Jumping Bean

• The Brotherhood of Old
    • Black Marsh
  • 1,829 posts

Oh God.  That poor family. 

• Sue likes this

1471_s.gif

NobleShadowHunter

NobleShadowHunter

The Queen of Crafty

• Valenwood Islands
  • 396 posts

It's heartbreaking when a family not only loses one person, but loses another within such a short time span.  To rub additional salt in the wounds, it happened during the holiday season, a time when families celebrate each other the most. 

Dear 2016, go to hell.  You've been nothing but it.

• AndalayBay, Amadaun and Sue like this

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 10,870 posts
This year has been truly ridiculous.
  • NobleShadowHunter likes this

Sue

Sue

Roasted Red Freckled Pepper

• Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old VA
  • 999 posts

I'm in agreement with everything you guys have said.  I also feel the world is approaching some kind of brink and it's not necessarily good.  On this site, we may have differences of opinion, but we continue to get on.  We may discuss some things heatedly, but our humanity remains and our empathy towards others comes to the fore.  People like Carrie Fisher are important.  Their words cut through the shit-storm of hypocrisy which surrounds us.

• AndalayBay, Cray and NobleShadowHunter like this

NobleShadowHunter

NobleShadowHunter

The Queen of Crafty

• Valenwood Islands
  • 396 posts

Recently my sister and I were talking about the sheer number of people that were lost this year, and while we always lose icons, 2016 felt brutal by comparison.  She said that the reason why was because it's not just the number, it's what these people did and what they stood for.  Carrie Fisher was an activist, Alan Rickman did work to fight poverty for performing artists, Ali devoted his life to charity work, and that's only a tip of what they did.  Sue brought up humanity, and maybe the real reason why 2016 feels empty is because a lot of these stars and pop icons reminded us of humanity and empathy, two things that appear to be in short supply.

And honestly, I get the feeling we're going to lose more people like Alan Rickman, Carrie Fisher, and Debbie Reynolds in 2017.  Does it suck?  Yeah, because losing kick-ass people always sucks.  But maybe for all the shit 2016 has brought, I think there's something to be learned from it.  Besides the cliche "Life's short, love those closest to you," bit, it's that hold those that taught you to value life, humanity, and empathy close to you.  For when they eventually leave (and it usually happens when things start really falling to bits) you'll be the one to help fill that void and be that person that is a shining example of humanity.  Not a perfect example, but a good one, and I think we can all agree that the world could use more of those.

• AndalayBay and Sue like this

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 10,870 posts
And so many of these people have died way too young. That's the thing that's made it so upsetting to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users