• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
TheDarkListener34

Carrie Fisher

Carrie Fisher who had played Princess Leia since episode 4 through 7. Had passed away at age 60.

Apparently, in episode 8 was an important role for Princess Leia. Who is gonna be her? Could it be a CGI? Or another Actor?

Well we'll find out when the time comes

Rest and Peace Carrie Fisher you'll be missed dearly. :cry::cry::cry:

Edited by AndalayBay
Fixed spelling of name

I have to say...this one hits me really hard.  She was a hero of mine.  I loved her in Star Wars and then I loved her even more when I learned about her activism.  Seriously - she got an award from Harvard for it.  (Note the others who got the same award.)

And also, her adorable therapy dog, Gary ‘The Tongue’ Fisher.

Gary-Fisher.jpg

Finally, in memory of her, allow me to share a bit from her autobiography:

15672677_10154951443173086_8516646856227528119_n.jpg

*cries*  *giggles*  *cries more*

I knew about her activism, but not her award.  Nor her scriptwork.  Honestly, it was her work that helped me figure out my own brain and come to terms with my mentally ill family members.

She had SO much attitude!  Look up some of her quotes.  Especially the ones about how much she hated the "Slave Leia" costume or on how she's "aged."

Also, Episode 8 is already wrapped, so she's in it.  Go General Organa!

And now Debbie Reynolds is sick. Hopefully it's just the stress of planning the funeral and she'll be ok. She was complaining about having problems breathing and they hospitalized her.

It's heartbreaking when a family not only loses one person, but loses another within such a short time span.  To rub additional salt in the wounds, it happened during the holiday season, a time when families celebrate each other the most. 

Dear 2016, go to hell.  You've been nothing but it.

I'm in agreement with everything you guys have said.  I also feel the world is approaching some kind of brink and it's not necessarily good.  On this site, we may have differences of opinion, but we continue to get on.  We may discuss some things heatedly, but our humanity remains and our empathy towards others comes to the fore.  People like Carrie Fisher are important.  Their words cut through the shit-storm of hypocrisy which surrounds us.

Recently my sister and I were talking about the sheer number of people that were lost this year, and while we always lose icons, 2016 felt brutal by comparison.  She said that the reason why was because it's not just the number, it's what these people did and what they stood for.  Carrie Fisher was an activist, Alan Rickman did work to fight poverty for performing artists, Ali devoted his life to charity work, and that's only a tip of what they did.  Sue brought up humanity, and maybe the real reason why 2016 feels empty is because a lot of these stars and pop icons reminded us of humanity and empathy, two things that appear to be in short supply.

And honestly, I get the feeling we're going to lose more people like Alan Rickman, Carrie Fisher, and Debbie Reynolds in 2017.  Does it suck?  Yeah, because losing kick-ass people always sucks.  But maybe for all the shit 2016 has brought, I think there's something to be learned from it.  Besides the cliche "Life's short, love those closest to you," bit, it's that hold those that taught you to value life, humanity, and empathy close to you.  For when they eventually leave (and it usually happens when things start really falling to bits) you'll be the one to help fill that void and be that person that is a shining example of humanity.  Not a perfect example, but a good one, and I think we can all agree that the world could use more of those.