• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Orphan Attachments   07/31/2018

I have been doing some housekeeping lately and I've noticed that I had a lot of orphaned attachments. Attachments get orphaned when the PM or post is deleted without removing the attachment first. Deleting a PM or post does not delete the attachment and the file or image remain on the server. I'd like to ask all members to go through their attachments and delete any attachments you don't need anymore or those that have been orphaned. Where can I get a list of my attachments? Click on your display name in the upper right corner of the forums and pick "My Attachments" from the drop-down list. How can I tell an attachment is orphaned? If the PM has been deleted, you'll see a message like this in your attachment list: Unfortunately there is no message if the post has been deleted, so please check your old posts. We do purge old birthday threads every once in a while. Also some hosted projects have been shut down, so you may have orphaned attachments on one of those locations. Thanks!
TheDarkListener34

My new PC gaming built

So I have been quite busy for a couple of months on a new gaming PC. I am actually really proud on this but I only have the parts for it. However, I did build it. I was thinking I should wait until the I get enough money for the new processor. I put it all back in their boxes for now haha. 

This is my latest list on what I have now.

Case - Rosewill Gaming ATX Full Tower with a Window NIGHTHAWK 117 (the case has five fans inside.)

Liquid Cooler - MasterLiquid Pro 240 All In One With FlowOp Technology Dual Chamber Design and MasterFan Pro Radiator Fans

Power Supply - Corsair CXM series CX850W 80 Plus Bronze ATX12V and EPS12V Modular

Storage - 4 WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 72000 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 inch (I might get 2 more  or 4) with the 18inch SATA III 6.0 Gbps Cables 

MotherBoard - MSI Enthusiastic Gaming intel Z170A LGA 1151 DDR4 USB 3.1 ATX XPower Gaming Titanium Edition. (Love the design on it looks amazing) 

The only Hardware I need are the RAM memory Kits Which I will buy 4 of them Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 DRAM 32000MHz C16, (Which I did look it up on the Motherboards specifications). The Processor I need is the Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Socket LGA 1151. Video card is the PNY Geforce GTX 1080 8GB XLR8 Gaming Overclocked. And last but not least Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit....Which I don't like windows 10 but oh well. 

What do you ladies and gents think  ;)  :D  :D  :D

I was thinking about the video card on the PNY. I am not sure what the difference between these video cards. The MSI which are extremely expensive almost around $800 or less. And the one I listed is only $600

I love what I am building. And it's all compatible on the Motherboard. 

Edited by TheDarkListener34

Have you ordered the video card yet? If not, I recommend dropping down to a 1060 or 1070. The power supply is only bronze rated so it won't be pushing 850 watts as well as other power supplies that are silver and higher. If you already ordered the card, then I suggest you drop the CPU down some to conserve some power reserves. :)

No, I haven't it cost too much for now anyway. I have a 960 for now on this computer. I'll look into the 1060 and 1070

Is it too much for the Power supply that i have? 

Yeah. Bronze is the lowest efficiency rating other than it not being rated. Bronze means you're only getting a minimum of 82% power under full load so your equivalent is 697 Watts minimum. The 8 model cards in the series draw so much power that that's cutting it a bit close for comfort. A 1070 would be close, too. A 1060 or 1050 would feel better to me, personally.

Silver would mean 85%, giving 722 Watts which would be better for a 1070. :)

Eh....So you're saying that an EVGA 500 B1 80+ Bronze 500w Power supply is better than what I have?

Sorry, I am not sure I quite understand. 

I should buy something that the supply power on the 1080GTX and all my other hardware? 

No, that's also bronze rated. Each level means a minimum percentage of power will be experienced under full load. 80 Plus means 80%, bronze is 82%, silver is 85%, gold 87%, and platinum is 89%. Based on those numbers, a gold rated 800 Watt power supply is equivalent to a 850 Watt bronze rated one assuming all other things being equal, while a platinum rated 800 Watt would be superior and giving 712 Watts under full load at the minimum. :)

Of course, you also need to factor in make and model as certain lines are more reliable than others.

You should give yourself some extra cushion, too, as peripherals also draw power and it gives you room for adding more RAM and HDDs down the road. So I'd recommend dropping the video card down for now as that's the largest power draw. You can always upgrade it down the road as needed when you're able to afford to upgrade the power supply as well. It's harder to upgrade the CPU, which is why I recommended only dropping it down only if you had already ordered the card. :)

Edited by Visceral Moonlight

Oh wow, Interesting. I was looking up this one 
Corsair HXi Series, HX 850i, 850W 80+ Platinum 

Wait what is the difference between these series? More Power? 

I think the HX series is what they renamed what used to be TX and changed the TX line at the same time. I'm not sure but I think the HX series is just below AX and above TX in terms of quality.

Ooh I see, so what do you think I should buy in terms with the low price

So I searched what all the series are, here's the link:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/power-supply-units

So apparently it's the HXI Series that I need or AXI

Or not

I guess I just go with what I got. less energy or the electric bill 

And I guess I didn't still understand *sigh* I'm just afraid of my new gaming computer might blow up. 

If budget allows, perhaps consider returning the PSU since you said you haven't unpackaged anything yet, and get a higher grade one instead of equal or higher output. Then you won't need to downgrade the graphics or CPU.

If budget allows, perhaps consider returning the PSU since you said you haven't unpackaged anything yet, and get a higher grade one instead of equal or higher output. Then you won't need to downgrade the graphics or CPU.

Actually, I have unpackaged it. I did say that I had to put them back. I put it together. However, I was thinking that I should wait until I get enough money for the processor. Then after I get it. I can build it back up. It's no fun just to built one by one each time you get the product. 

I am thinking about downgrading the video card to 1050 or 1060. I don't want to buy another power supply just because of rated efficiency. I rather have low electric bills haha.  

If I were you I wouldn't use a 1 Tb SATA HDD, instead I would go up to at least 3 Tb SATA HDD due to the difference of MBR vs GPT, because Windows 10 doesn't like HDD's with MBR.

The 3 Tb HDD's that Seagate has doesn't cost much, I bought one myself just before Christmas Eve.

I'll be using RAID for these four 1tb SATA HDD. And they need to be the same Disk Hard Drive. And why do I need to use a 3tb Seagate? The four I have costs 49.99 it costs less than what I saw for Seagate. Seagate on amazon is really expensive compared to WD. 

MBR isn't an issue. The type of partition table is determined when the partitions are created, IE: on installation of the OS. It's not something you need to worry about when buying hardware and only if you want to install multiple operating systems.

Your HDD is fine. :)

Edited by Visceral Moonlight

It's not on what to play. It's what I'm looking for onto a computer. I want more performance and speed. The Games, however, I really want to play this year are Mass Effect Andromeda and the other open world RPG games.  

It's not on what to play. It's what I'm looking for onto a computer. I want more performance and speed. The Games, however, I really want to play this year are Mass Effect Andromeda and the other open world RPG games.  

Exactly what I was looking for when I built mine, But i was looking for Cost Efficient Performance. I purchased the cheapest intel processor which was intel G4400 3.2Ghz along with 16GB of DDR4 and right now it's very fast only takes 8 seconds to boot into Windows 10. 

Your build will probably be faster then Road Runner  :P