[WIP] No N'wah Allowed - a Gameplay Mod Series

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Reizeron

Reizeron

Amoeba

• Unofficial Morrowind Patch
  • 5 posts

I've been working on a gameplay overhaul mod series since Nov '14, slowly but steadily.

The aim of these is to make Morrowind experience more challenging, but not in the overly-hardcore way (such as making enemies into OHKO damage sponges etc.) Instead, I plan to bring more life to previously underused gameplay elements and make the gameplay more tactical.

Modules list:

1. No N'wah Allowed - AI

- Decreased the cooldown between enemy attacks, both creatures and NPC, making them much more dangerous, especially the ones with enchanted weapons.

Attached File  No N'wah Allowed - AI.ESP   622bytes   2 downloads

2. No N'wah Allowed - Beverages

- All beverages now permanently damage your stats a bit for every bottle. Visit your local healer!

Attached File  No N'wah Allowed - Beverages.ESP   2.51KB   2 downloads

3. No N'Wah Allowed - Corprus

- Corprus disease now progresses much faster, in 5 pts. increments instead of 1 pt.

- Stat decrease is not longer curable, except when you get cured from Corprus altogether.

- Stat decrease/increase in now capped at 100 pts.

- On the latter stages of Corprus, you gain constant health regeneration.

- On the latter stages of Corprus, corprus meat chunks are added to your inventory on daily basis.

Attached File  No N'wah Allowed - Corprus1.ESP   14.88KB   2 downloads

4. No N'wah Allowed - Shrines and Blessings

- All blessings' power increased (most of changes were taken from Logorouge's Blessing of the Saints mod)

- All blessings now last 2880 seconds.

- You can only have one blessing at time.

- Added Divine Blessings to Imperial Cult altars - respective effects were taken from Oblivion.

- Added Tribunal altars to all the Temples.

- Removed Almsivi Restoration from St. Veloth's Altars - they can be found in most of ancestral tombs and I didn't like the fact that you can just donate some money and get rid of ghost and bonewalker's curses right there.

- [Not Implemented Yet] You can receive a blessing from any daedric statue after completing the quest of the respective Daedric Prince.

Attached File  No N'wah Allowed - Shrines&Blessings.ESP   129.74KB   1 downloads

5. No N'wah Allowed - Fatigue and Encumbrance

- Fatigue regeneration now depends on Endurance much more. Generally, faster than vanilla.

- Fatigue consumption while running now depends on Encumbrance much more.

(Now you don't spend Fatigue while running if your Encumbrance percent is smaller than your Endurance stat)

- Fatigue consumption while Attacking now depends on Encumbrance much more.

- [Not Implemented Yet] Fatigue consumption while Blocking is now INVERSELY proportional to Encumbrance (this unintuitive change was made so heavier shields would give you more "stability", in Dark Souls terms).

- Fatigue consumption while Jumping now depends on Encumbrance much more.

Attached File  No N'wah Allowed - Fatigue and Encumbrance.ESP   1.63KB   1 downloads

5. No N'wah Allowed - Blocking

- Blocking angle is narrower - you'll need to actually look at the person whose attacks you want to block. Makes it a bit more interactive.

- To compensate, both Minimum and Maxumum block chances are much higher.

6. No N'wah Allowed - Armor

- Maximum percentage of damage reduction from armor has been increased - now you'll need high damage weapons to deal with highly armored opponents.

7. No N'wah Allowed - Sleep

- Sleeping has been disabled outside beds.

More to come!

Edited by Reizeron, 14 March 2017 - 01:50 PM.

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• Valenwood Islands Beta Tester
  • 3,734 posts

In case you didn't know, but there is a sub forum for threads like this one and here can you read more about it.

Melchior Dahrk

Melchior Dahrk

Krill

• 19 posts

I think I read this thread a while ago, but I must have forgotten everything about it. So I'm looking at it now with fresh eyes!

- Stat decrease/increase in now capped at 100 pts.

My favorite exploit! Boo! :D

- On the latter stages of Corprus, you gain constant health regeneration.
- On the latter stages of Corprus, corprus meat chunks are added to your inventory on daily basis.

This is great. I love the meat chunks being added. It's a simple, non-visual way to demonstrate the progression.

(Now you don't spend Fatigue while running if your Encumbrance percent is smaller than your Endurance stat)

Love this change. I always hate entering a fight and almost always already having zero fatigue.

5. No N'wah Allowed - Blocking
 - Blocking angle is narrower - you'll need to actually look at the person whose attacks you want to block. Makes it a bit more interactive.
 - To compensate, both Minimum and Maxumum block chances are much higher.

These block changes sound great. Making it more strategic. 

In case you didn't know, but there is a sub forum for threads like this one and here can you read more about it.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Morrowind modding is big enough that it makes sense splitting up into a bunch of sub-forums. I'd prefer to just use this sub-forum like the Morrowind Mods sub-forum on Bethsoft with both [REL] and [WIP] threads as well as general modding discussion. Plus, the description of this sub-forum is "The place to get help with mods, discuss mods or post your WIP or release threads." So.... :)

Edited by Melchior Dahrk, 10 March 2017 - 02:55 PM.

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,734 posts

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Morrowind modding is big enough that it makes sense splitting up into a bunch of sub-forums. I'd prefer to just use this sub-forum like the Morrowind Mods sub-forum on Bethsoft with both [REL] and [WIP] threads as well as general modding discussion. Plus, the description of this sub-forum is "The place to get help with mods, discuss mods or post your WIP or release threads." So.... :)

Agreed.  I too perfer a forum structure like there is at BSF and people have done that for years without causing a confusing.  Almost every modder always have the [WIPz] tag in the topic title.

But when it comes to modding projects like the Unofficial Morrowind Patch project then a separate forum is needed.

Melchior Dahrk

Melchior Dahrk

Krill

• 19 posts

But when it comes to modding projects like the Unofficial Morrowind Patch project then a separate forum is needed.

Yeah, definitely. I think it's great that TAL offers bigger, more complicated projects that opportunity!

Sorry for the off topic, Reizeron!

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,734 posts

Yeah, definitely. I think it's great that TAL offers bigger, more complicated projects that opportunity!

Sorry for the off topic, Reizeron!

There is no need to apologize to Reizeron MD, it's me he can blame since I brought it up.

Anyway, I can if you wish split out some posts into a new thread. :P

Reizeron

Reizeron

Amoeba

• 5 posts

I really don't mind, fellas :thumbup:  Since this project is really not that big and only includes gameplay changes, I think a general modding subforum would work fine for me.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

#ffc0db Wildebeest under #0000ff Flying Shoes

• Dark Brotherhood Chronicles
    • Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 11,479 posts
Then would like your thread to be moved? It's fine here, but it's mixed in with the release threads. If you would like to be highlighted with other WIP mods, then I suggest we move your thread to the WIP forum: http://www.theassimi...ks-in-progress/

The one benefit of the WIP forums, other than the focus on WIP mods, is that there's also a gallery album if you want to post screenshots: http://www.theassimi...ks-in-progress/
Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Reizeron

Reizeron

Amoeba

• 5 posts

Given that I'm a newcomer to these forums, I think it would be best for me to leave this at moderators' discretion :)  Perhaps it would indeed be better to move it to WIP subforum since that's what it was created for.

Considering a gallery album, yeah, I noticed this option and it's pretty sweet, unfortunately this kind of mod can't really be showcased by screenshots :D

Edited by Reizeron, 11 March 2017 - 04:36 AM.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 11,479 posts
I've moved the thread just to be consistent. It does help your mod stand out a bit. :)
Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!
-- Attributed to Thomas Beecham in reference to the performance of a female cello soloist

Melchior Dahrk

Melchior Dahrk

Krill

• 19 posts

Is there anyway to have a link from the Morrowind sub-forum to the Morrowind Projects sub-forum? Maybe I'm too set in my ways, but having Modding and Modding Projects spatially separated in completely different parts of the forum isn't intuitive for me. I know I'll forget to check this forum. Maybe it'd be like how there is a link to the Morrowind Modding Wiki in the Morrowind sub-forum?

edit: on the other hand, it was always difficult to track down WIP threads on the Bethesda forums. So maybe this would be a plus. It would just be nice to have them more connected somehow I think. So people can see where to find the projects if they fail to explore the forum structure.

Edited by Melchior Dahrk, 12 March 2017 - 04:16 PM.

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 11,479 posts
We host large team projects here. They have their own set of forums, many of which can't be seen by the public. Black Marsh, for example, has 18 sub-forums, but only three or four are visible to non-team members. We set up the Works in Project sub-forum under each game project forums for people to showcase their WIP's. If many cases, they are looking for help and if they generate enough interest, they may request project forums.

So yeah, I get your point about two different places to look. The Modding forums at the top of the site are for the automatically generated release threads (which are created when you upload your mod here) and for general modding questions and guides. We separate the WIP into the project forums in their own section at the bottom of the site.

As you said, there are pros and cons to both structures. With the WIP's separated, they are easier to find, but most people would probably expect to find them at the top of the forums. I can put an introductory post in the modding forums telling people about the projects and the WIP's further down. Thanks for the suggestion. :thumbsup:

Melchior Dahrk

Melchior Dahrk

Krill

• 19 posts

Yeah, I think I'll get used to this structure. I'm following both forums now, so I should get notifications of new posts here which will remind me to check. And I think offering projects their own forums is great for you to do on the site!

Reizeron

Reizeron

Amoeba

• 5 posts

Added some of the WIP files to the first post!

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,734 posts

edit: on the other hand, it was always difficult to track down WIP threads on the Bethesda forums. So maybe this would be a plus. It would just be nice to have them more connected somehow I think. So people can see where to find the projects if they fail to explore the forum structure.

We host large team projects here. They have their own set of forums, many of which can't be seen by the public. Black Marsh, for example, has 18 sub-forums, but only three or four are visible to non-team members. We set up the Works in Project sub-forum under each game project forums for people to showcase their WIP's. If many cases, they are looking for help and if they generate enough interest, they may request project forums.

So yeah, I get your point about two different places to look. The Modding forums at the top of the site are for the automatically generated release threads (which are created when you upload your mod here) and for general modding questions and guides. We separate the WIP into the project forums in their own section at the bottom of the site.

As you said, there are pros and cons to both structures. With the WIP's separated, they are easier to find, but most people would probably expect to find them at the top of the forums. I can put an introductory post in the modding forums telling people about the projects and the WIP's further down. Thanks for the suggestion. :thumbsup:

How about having the same structure as Arthmoor has on AFK Mods, at least the WIPz threads are separated from the RELz threads but in one forum? :)

https://afkmods.igua...dding-projects/

AndalayBay

AndalayBay

• Black Marsh
    • Wild Nuts
    • The Brotherhood of Old
    • TES3Gecko
    • Better Cities
    • Collective
  • 11,479 posts
Some good ideas, but I don't want to derail this thread any further. :)

Leonardo

Leonardo

Reborn Old Timer

• 3,734 posts

Reizeron

If you want help from others then upload your stuff in the Modding Assistance category, which can be found in the Download area.  Note that in this category can only registered members download and not guests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users