• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Linode Critical Maintenance   01/10/2018

Phase 1 is complete. There will be a second round once Linode gets a patch. I have updated the forum thread -  please see my post here.
Sign in to follow this  
Daggerfall Dev

Elsweyr: Desert of Anequina Remastered

On 16/11/2017 at 9:22 PM, Malonn said:

I may give Elseweyr a go then; never played it.  Hammerfell too.  I hope they are well populated--scenery, NPCs, dwellings, etc. etc.

Oh, yes, the original Elsweyr Anequina has all that and, given it's based on the original, I'm sure DD's will be great too. I think it essential, a nice change of scenery. It has quests, but not too many. And it's a mod with mods, for example David Brasher's excellent Tales from Elsweyr Anequina adds a whole bunch of stuff to do. (It's Brasher, so you know it's going to be good...)

Edited by tegeusCromis

18 hours ago, Envy123 said:

Are you converting it over by zilav's scripts? If so, then will you add Pelletine to the mix once it's completed?

The Original idea was to convert the original mod, with some of zilav's scripts and some custom ones, Although iliana doesn't want the mod "Converted". So now I would have to rebuild everything from scratch basically. If iliana would allow a remaster/convert of Anequina. If iliana allowed it then I could convert Pelletine and other mods that added things to Anequina like Tales from Elsweyr Anequina etc. Technically I already converted Elsweyr just to see if it was possible and i can report that it actually worked better then I thought, but that was just a test and I never released it. Also a little fun fact, Hammerfell R was a converted version of Hammerfell TEG, and that looks good. Imagine Elsweyr!

Since a lot of Oblivion Assets/Textures were used I could easily remake most of the Models but the textures would be the only real issue. On another note, I wonder if we could all make a Partition to Remaster Elsweyr Anequina even if it's only a TAL exclusive like the Original is now, and Hopefully iliana would see it.

11 hours ago, Daggerfall Dev said:

The Original idea was to convert the original mod, with some of zilav's scripts and some custom ones, Although iliana doesn't want the mod "Converted". So now I would have to rebuild everything from scratch basically. If iliana would allow a remaster/convert of Anequina. If iliana allowed it then I could convert Pelletine and other mods that added things to Anequina like Tales from Elsweyr Anequina etc. Technically I already converted Elsweyr just to see if it was possible and i can report that it actually worked better then I thought, but that was just a test and I never released it. Also a little fun fact, Hammerfell R was a converted version of Hammerfell TEG, and that looks good. Imagine Elsweyr!

Since a lot of Oblivion Assets/Textures were used I could easily remake most of the Models but the textures would be the only real issue. On another note, I wonder if we could all make a Partition to Remaster Elsweyr Anequina even if it's only a TAL exclusive like the Original is now, and Hopefully iliana would see it.

The you-know-what-mod will likely have a mod converter in the end, so it may be possible to convert most of Elsweyr Anequina in an automated fashion. The downside is that the conversion will only be allowed on one particular site, if at all.

Beyond Skyrim is making an Elsweyr that is completely different to Anequina or Pelletine (Riverhold and Dune would swap places in terms of architectural structures, for example), and it's a different time-frame too. In Pelletine, Senchal is "mostly abandoned or in ruins", while Beyond Skyrim will have Senchal be a thriving city (makes sense, 200 years is more than enough time to rebuild). So, that's a no-go.

I would love to see Iliana's vision in an updated engine, but in Skyrim's timeframe with new stories. Maybe it can be remade from scratch, with the places being re-imagined or changed to suit the new time-frame.

The you-know-what-mod will likely have a mod converter in the end, so it may be possible to convert most of Elsweyr Anequina in an automated fashion. The downside is that the conversion will only be allowed on one particular site, if at all.

Beyond Skyrim is making an Elsweyr that is completely different to Anequina or Pelletine (Riverhold and Dune would swap places in terms of architectural structures, for example), and it's a different time-frame too. In Pelletine, Senchal is "mostly abandoned or in ruins", while Beyond Skyrim will have Senchal be a thriving city (makes sense, 200 years is more than enough time to rebuild). So, that's a no-go.

I would love to see Iliana's vision in an updated engine, but in Skyrim's timeframe with new stories. Maybe it can be remade from scratch, with the places being re-imagined or changed to suit the new time-frame.

I have access to a Mod Converter that's pretty much the easy part, The Timeline different though could be a issue. Although Anequina would be a Port/Remaster of the Original similar to TESRenewal. In theory I could convert Elsweyr and change the Master file to point to Skyblivion.esm, That way Anequina would be exactly like the Original Anequina in every way except for the obvious newer engine stuff. The only issue I would see are the FormID's not matching. When converting, FormID's are the same as the Original, I just wonder if Skyblivion maintained the original FormID's. I do remember reading something for Morroblivion, about converting Morrowind mods to work in Morroblivion. I assume it should work the same for Skyblivion.

I have a small idea that might allow a Remaster, Maybe more of a question to the Admins!

Would it be Possible to convert iliana mod, BUT require the user to Download the Original Mod and Own a copy of Oblivion, Basically doing the same thing that TESRenewal is doing with Skyblivion\Morroblivion. I'm sure I could create a installer for it so it checks for a valid Oblivion Directory and possibly make it scan the Oblivion\Data directory for valid files related to Anequina.  Just a Idea! figured I'll toss it out there

Edited by Daggerfall Dev

On 2/9/2018 at 2:10 AM, Daggerfall Dev said:

I have access to a Mod Converter that's pretty much the easy part, The Timeline different though could be a issue. Although Anequina would be a Port/Remaster of the Original similar to TESRenewal. In theory I could convert Elsweyr and change the Master file to point to Skyblivion.esm, That way Anequina would be exactly like the Original Anequina in every way except for the obvious newer engine stuff. The only issue I would see are the FormID's not matching. When converting, FormID's are the same as the Original, I just wonder if Skyblivion maintained the original FormID's. I do remember reading something for Morroblivion, about converting Morrowind mods to work in Morroblivion. I assume it should work the same for Skyblivion.

I have a small idea that might allow a Remaster, Maybe more of a question to the Admins!

Would it be Possible to convert iliana mod, BUT require the user to Download the Original Mod and Own a copy of Oblivion, Basically doing the same thing that TESRenewal is doing with Skyblivion\Morroblivion. I'm sure I could create a installer for it so it checks for a valid Oblivion Directory and possibly make it scan the Oblivion\Data directory for valid files related to Anequina.  Just a Idea! figured I'll toss it out there

Your idea could work - though, you may need to put more options for add-ons like Pelletine.

On 2/10/2018 at 3:01 AM, Envy123 said:

Your idea could work - though, you may need to put more options for add-ons like Pelletine.

Definitely!

I've followed some of Pelletine in the forums. Seems to me that you continued a rather large portion of Elsweyr in a lore friendly fashion! :P That's how I like my Mods.  An Idea, During the Installation, I could add some Tick Boxes, each box would be the Different mods for Elsweyr (The user would have the option to choose just Elsweyr Anequine, or Elsweyr with Pelletine etc) OR There's always the option of merging all the Elsweyr Mods into one. but I rather have the user decide.

@Envy123

On a side note! Theres always the option of Developing Pelletine just like your doing now, But when your ready to release a new version of it, I could convert it to Skyrim and then you could release two Version one for Elsweyr (Oblivion) and another for Elsweyr (Skyrim). Doing it that way would require each Elsweyr Mod to be released separately from Elsweyr Remastered, it may be better doing it that way in the long run, I do know Morroblivion did it that way.

On 2/12/2018 at 3:00 AM, Daggerfall Dev said:

Definitely!

I've followed some of Pelletine in the forums. Seems to me that you continued a rather large portion of Elsweyr in a lore friendly fashion! :P

The rest of Elsweyr does seem large when I play it - but it seems compressed when I develop it.

On 2/12/2018 at 3:00 AM, Daggerfall Dev said:

On a side note! Theres always the option of Developing Pelletine just like your doing now, But when your ready to release a new version of it, I could convert it to Skyrim and then you could release two Version one for Elsweyr (Oblivion) and another for Elsweyr (Skyrim). Doing it that way would require each Elsweyr Mod to be released separately from Elsweyr Remastered, it may be better doing it that way in the long run, I do know Morroblivion did it that way.

I'll release a new version within a few months - it will include Torval (except for the Mane's Palace), a new village and finished roads.

Because there are no real quests yet (except for the faction rep ones, which don't seem to work for some reason), automated conversion is mostly possible for Elsweyr Pelletine. However, some manual work would be needed like converting over the animated water in Senchal, the fountains and the new animated fish. The quests will eventually come, and some manual work will be needed to make those work too.

I am aware that Skyblivion retains the same form IDs - so, I think you can release Elsweyr Pelletine for Skyrim when each new version comes out and just have a separate plug-in simply for conversion fixes. But otherwise, I agree with your proposal.

I went ahead and converted everything just for show, The biggest issue I'm seeing are the FormID's not being retained? I have an old version of Skyblivion I believe it's v0.0.3, @Envy123 Do you know for certain that Skyblivion retains the original FormID's, maybe the Version I have wasn't their main release? perhaps just a test version.

I messaged zilav on TESRenewal a few days ago about the tweaked version of Chuvakin, A user on their Discord Server said they used a Modified version of it, Although they didn't get into much detail at all. 

Anyway here are some Screenshots of Elsweyr Anequina in the Skyrim Engine, I figured I'll post something interesting ;) Just a heads up, Your seeing missing textures since I didn't unpack the Skyblivion texture .bsa

Spoiler

large.Untitled-5.jpg.297ce1c2cbe22bb4f98

large.5a8673129c673_SomewhereinElsweyr.j

large.OrcrestSunset.jpg.bdff4eef663aff57

large.Orcrest.jpg.0855ea9d3bec5e1676ffbd