TheDarkListener34

Banned from EA

Hey, guys. So a long time ago around 2010 or 2011, I was signed up in EA and Origin in order to buy and play games that I wanted to play. However, I didn't have a credit or debit card back then. So I asked permission from my father to buy me these games and DLC. Although a few months ago or so. My family and I were having financial issues. After awhile I discovered I was banned. I had to figure out why I was banned because EA never tells anyone. They told me that I was banned because of repeated chargebacks. I really didn't know what that means. But now I know. I told EA again a week ago, that I really wanted to know and they were corrected and the right to banned me. And I couldn't buy anything from Origin at all. To provide me to buy Mass Effect Andromeda which I wanted to play in the first place. So I can no longer have an Origin Client anymore. Because of their excuse my language but bullshit. However, I get their point and their rules. I read it multiple times. 

As a result, I can no longer buy games and have very limited access to their items or whatever. So I gave up on it. Besides I don't even like EA. 

I am still not sure if it's a good idea to buy a game from amazon digital wise and link it to my Origin Account. I am not sure if it's against their policy. I checked it and nothing says anything about it. 

So I need advice or any information to buy Mass Effect Andromeda.  

I have to agree with them on this. If a customer is known to have charge back issues, there's no guarantee that you'll get your compensation from them. They're simply protecting their business.

I would just buy from Amazon. I'd get physical media if you can, otherwise I'd buy the digital version.

I was attempting to buy the digital version. However, I need Origin in order to download and play it. Well, both Physical and digital. 

If you own the game already, you should be able to register it with Origin, just like Steam.

If you own the game already, you should be able to register it with Origin, just like Steam.

Also have that code to register the game, just make sure it's unused or else it might give you problems.

I just bought the game from Amazon the digital version. I didn't get the online game code. So I'm not sure if it makes any difference.  :shrug:

Pretty sure if you're banned from Origin you just can't play Origin games, digital editions especially.

If I am to understand this you Dad was paying for these games and then getting refunds, or were the payments just bouncing? And then you swore at them?

Swearing never helps.

What you might have tried was explaining that you were a juvenile and therefore not in control of the payments, sounds like they won't even talk to you know though.

Your only way to play Andromeda at this point is likely console version.

That's not even fair. I bought the digital version on amazon. I don't even like consoles. And origin is the only program client to have it.....i hope I don't get permanently terminated for this.

Well - was the old Account in your name or your father's?

If it's his charging history that is the issue you might open a new account under your own details and get around it that way. Of course, EA might deem that fraud if the old account was set up in your name.

EA also isn't the only service that will do this. Valve is known to cut people off entirely for a single chargeback, whether it was for legit reasons or not.

GoG is love. GoG is life. This is why one does not support DRM if one can help it.

• Like 3

It's funny, I've had Mastercard reject purchases on Steam. It happened when I bought a bunch of games for Jimi at 4 am. They didn't think I'd be shopping at 4 am, so thought it was a fraudulent charge. :lmao: I called them to say it was fine.

Yes, and if you hadn't gotten that sorted before Gabe woke up the payment processing team, you might have been banned from Steam for it. No joke either.

I don't think Mastercard rejected the transaction outright. I think they put a security alert on my account and held off processing. Although we had that happen with Apple when I thought the message Mastercard left on my phone was spam, so I didn't call them to authorize the transaction. In that case the order did get cancelled. We just reordered and things were fine.

We have that a lot in Canada. The latest are fake calls from Revenue Canada claiming that owe them money. Revenue Canada (the same as the IRS in the States) would never call someone about owing taxes. Anyway the scammers want people to pay them with gift cards and people actually fall for it! I can't believe how stupid people are sometimes.

Yep, there's been a rash of scam calls from the 202 area code (Washington DC) going out claiming to be the IRS telling you you owe them back taxes and they're willing to settle over the phone with you. The IRS does not cal people, ever, and even if you called them, they would never offer to settle over the phone like that. Everything they do is in writing on official letterhead etc. That hasn't stopped the scammers from screwing people out of thousands of dollars though.

As far as Apple, I guess they're just not jackasses about bounced charges like that. Valve unfortunately is.

Well they're (Valve) on Mastercards alert list, so there must be a lot of disputed charges. I don't know if people are using disputes to get refunds or if there really is a problem. Anyway thanks for the head's up. I'll tell Jimi as well and we'll spread out our purchases more so they don't trigger the alert.