• Announcements

• AndalayBay

Leaving IP.Board   11/13/2017

See full announcement here.
    • AndalayBay

New Theme Set Up   11/14/2017

We have a new theme created by Vincent that's now available to everyone. It has been set as the default theme, so everyone should see it when you refresh the page. If you still aren't seeing it, you can select it from the Theme drop-down at the bottom of the page. It's called Assimilation. Thanks Vincent. Awesome looking theme!
Sign in to follow this  
AndalayBay

Separate Download Area for Skyrim SE?

Separate Download Area for Skyrim SE  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should we create a separate download area for Skyrim Special Edition mods?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Currently TAL only has one download area for Skyrim. When you upload a mod, a release thread is automatically created in our Skyrim Mods forum. We feel that one category is sufficient for Skyrim because you could upload multiple files to a single mod upload, labelling the files as being for regular Skyrim or the Special Edition. This saves work for the modder because they only need to create one file description. Both files can be easily viewed when the user clicks the Download button. This also means that only one release thread will be created. We will rename the existing download category to Skyrim/Skyrim Special Edition.

If you don't want to upload multiple files to a single mod upload, then you could create a file entry for each version of the mod, if you're supporting both games, and simply label one as being for Skyrim Special Edition.

However several people have asked us to follow the lead of some other sites and create a separate category for Skyrim Special Edition. This means that if you wish to support both games, you will need to upload your mod twice, selecting the appropriate category each time. It also means that two separate release threads will be created. It will make it easier to see which mods are for regular Skyrim and which ones are for the Special Edition.

So please vote and let us know your preference.

Needless to say, I'm all in favor of a separate section for SSE since I'm one of the other sites you mentioned who has already done that :P

I really do think it reduces confusion to keep the two separate since Bethesda themselves treat them as separate games.

Yes, because some mods made before SE simply don't work in SE, so keeping them mixed together is going to be confusing, some people will assume if it's for Skyrim it'll work in SE. Separating them holds consistency with other sites like Nexus and AFK, and helps prevent mix-ups.

Wouldn't that also require a separate SSE forum, otherwise the automatic thread creation after uploading a file feature could be messed up at least for the linked grey support topic button.

Yes, I explained that in the other thread about download area questions. I wasn't up to repeating myself - I figured people would see the unread thread. ;)

Posted (edited)

I know I don't visit your site all that often, but I'll vote in favor of it anyway since the question has been asked. Like other have said, I think it will reduce confusion.

Edit: Oh, okay. Guess I missed that you had enough feedback already. :D

Edited by BlackPete

This question has a point about the hosted projects for Skyrim.  Is there a need for a separate forum for hosted SSE projects, of course the description of a forum would be sufficient?

We'll got with the description for now. So far all our projects are migrating to SSE, so we may just rename the category.

I see.  Well it would be the opposite then, I mean the description for a forum would be sufficient for SLE.